• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has avoided Fallout 76 since it's launch, this roadmap sounds pretty awesome to me!!

How stable is the PS4 version these days, and how is it for someone who would prefer to play it as single player?

It's not stable. There's some significant issues with item dupers and exploits that strain the server. I'd avoid until at least March.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
No. I'm just saying it's gonna be bad, because the core game is bad and more bad quests and modes that are glorified damage modifiers won't change that.
People said the exact same thing about No Mans Sky and here we are where No Mans Sky has transformed into this amazing game.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
So am I missing the update where players can actually do what NPCs do in Fallout? Setup joint settlements? Become vendors? Even create quests for other players?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
They either need to add human npcs or triple the players per server for me to come back. I really can't stress enough how dull and lifeless the game feels right now. The lack of actual characters that move around and do things really hurts the world and quest design.

Even with a full 24 players in a server you're lucky if you stumble across somone every hour to 2 hours. When I still played the game I would play the game for a whole 4 hour stretch and not see anyone. And when you do cross someone, they rarely want to interact and you almost always pass each other by quickly.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
72 player servers would be amazing. But I don't think their servers can handle the volume right now. Maybe with a few more patches.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Is this game completely playable solo? I don't mean solo as in in your own game, I mean like just playing on my own avoiding other players and doing quests and super bosses on my own.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've had this game for about a month, but have been reluctant to try it out. I enjoyed the beta for the most part, would I like the actual game?

Is this game completely playable solo? I don't mean solo as in in your own game, I mean like just playing on my own avoiding other players and doing quests and super bosses on my own.
I believe so yes, also your avatar is amazing!

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I really hope that this game gets better, the actual game world is my favorite Fallout map ever...but it's just so lifeless and empty.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
72 player servers would be amazing. But I don't think their servers can handle the volume right now. Maybe with a few more patches.
Honestly, that's why I think they can't "fix" the game. I don't think their engine/tools can handle that many players in a server. But that's what it would take to really breathe some life into the game and to deliver on the pre release promise of humans replacing ai npcs. The game is just too boring right now.

If they don't do that they'll have to do the difficult task of adding human npcs in the game. Of course, it would be weird if those npcs were just standing in one place like the robots currently in the game. And I don't even know if the whole schedule npc behavior is in 76 or how hard it would be to get in the game. So... I don't know.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Promising and I hope the community gives the game a second chance.

Although to be honest, I think it would've been WAY better for them to delay launch with more content and bug fixes than hitting the holiday release.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
They either need to add human npcs or triple the players per server for me to come back. I really can't stress enough how dull and lifeless the game feels right now. The lack of actual characters that move around and do things really hurts the world and quest design.

Even with a full 24 players in a server you're lucky if you stumble across somone every hour to 2 hours. When I still played the game I would play the game for a whole 4 hour stretch and not see anyone. And when you do cross someone, they rarely want to interact and you almost always pass each other by quickly.

I actually like it. For people who scream for a single player mode, the game basically plays like that now. The map is huge and your rarely stumble across others. Adds to the desolate weird feeling the world has. Also 90% of the people you run into are nice and friendly. People sharing ammo to low levels and not attacking as in pvp mode.

I wouldn't be opposed to a bump in player count though since I think the map is large enough to support it.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
This game is perfectly playable solo for anyone asking, I've played exclusively solo and completed the majority of content. You aren't ever forced to group, thankfully.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome. I have personally had a blast with this game and continue to play it. Very much looking forward to this new content. I was worried we wouldn't see much due to the poor reception it got, but I'm glad to see they are keeping at it.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Mostly Yes, up to and including launching a nuke. There's some quests on the map designed for multiple players though (not main or side quests). Probably can't take on a Scorchbeast queen solo either, in terms of super bosses, but the likely hood of there not being other players around one of those is pretty low.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like it. For people who scream for a single player mode, the game basically plays like that now. The map is huge and your rarely stumble across others. Adds to the desolate weird feeling the world has. Also 90% of the people you run into are nice and friendly. People sharing ammo to low levels and not attacking as in pvp mode.

I wouldn't be opposed to a bump in player count though since I think the map is large enough to support it.
I think the current player count would be fine if the world was filled out with settlements, factions, ai companions, and a large number of settlement based and wandering npcs. But as it stands, the world is just filled with scorched, mole people, and super muntants that just stand there until you alert them.

While there's some non hostile wildlife in the game, the behaviors given to them and their rarity makes the game world feel dead in a bad way.

Like, West Virginia in fo76 is asthetically nice even if it's graphically dated. But the world feels lifeless and dead in that never changing, never reacting, "videogamey" way. And that needs to change somehow

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
It sounds nice, but I'll believe it when it's out, playable, and good.

They promised a lot with the core game that didn't deliver too.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Man, that will bite them in the ass in a few months when they promise all this stuff but then kill it half way through cause nobody is playing this anymore.

And by the way, it doesn't even sounds that great. It's just more of the same in a different package and more fetch quest after fetch quest.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
The roadmaps for Anthem, Fall out and Division 2 have been very well laid out with content and features despite their troubled releases.

They have to be commended for this.
This a super late roadmap for Fallout though, I was starting to think they'd abandoned it. It's stupid to release a GAAS without a roadmap at launch, players want to know what to expect after the initial game is over.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
If nothing else, I'll give them props for actually giving specific dates and relatively detailed information on the different parts, unlike certain other games *cough*anthem*cough*
Same but I would levy that shade at Valve for how they handled Artifact.

The game is actually functional, fun and without bugs but their post release support and communication has been terrible.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
[while holding fingers to temples and closing eyes in concentration]

I predict... wait, I'm picking up something... wait... something. Yes. I predict Bethesda will drop the ball on new content and will never fix current technical issues, at least without also introducing new ones.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
Nice roadmap. I'm really interested by the Vaults and the new main quest. I just hope I can convince my friends to come back to the game when the updates come.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I finally got my Amazon refund of $30 (!!!!!). Still, any money is better than no money. I'll probably pick this up next year when it's bug/exploit-free and is on massive discount to make way for next-gen.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'll play in the fall then? Hell maybe there will be a NPC by that time! This game still irritates me.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
People expecting the game to suddenly get filled with a bunch of npcs... yea that is never happening.

They aren't going to suddenly spend a ton of money to create and voice a ton of npc characters for this game. We will get a npc here or there added for specific content at best, but they aren't making a whole new game at this point

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact they still can't fix basic bugs and keep breaking stuff constantly with new patches and continue to nerf and make the grind worse I don't see how extra content will make things better when the base core of the game is still awful.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Good on Bethesda for sticking with the project.

That looks like some great updates & features.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The fact they still can't fix basic bugs and keep breaking stuff constantly with new patches and continue to nerf and make the grind worse I don't see how extra content will make things better when the base core of the game is still awful.
This is sort of where I'm at.

Yes, new content and patches are great and all, but the current game is still very, VERY broken in many areas. Get the base game polished to a mirror shine before asking players to pony up for more.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're continuing support for this, but my favorite parts of other Fallout games was exploring vaults and finding out the backstory. Describing it as "high level vault raids" doesn't sound like what I'd want from vaults at all.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
im interested in these updates. We will see if my prediction comes true after all..

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Good that they're working to improve a troubled initial product and didn't listen to the "just let it die" crowd. They've got a long road ahead of them, but I can't wait to see how far they go down it. I might even give the game a go myself late this year.

The roadmaps for Anthem, Fall out and Division 2 have been very well laid out with content and features despite their troubled releases.
You meant the first Division, right? The second one hasn't had any type of release yet :P

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
No Man's Sky is a lesson that you can always turn the ship around given enough time, so hopefully that's the case here.