• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Seeing as Bethesda had a metacritic score bonus written in the Fallout New Vegas contract, this is poetry.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This Playstation Universe review....

"Fallout 76 is a blast to play. It's easily my favorite Fallout title to date. Fallout 76 has it's fair share of problems but they don't make the game unplayable. Fallout 76 isn't for everyone but for those who stick with it will definitely find what it has to offer. ."

Someone got paid to write these sentences in succession.

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit?

screenshot2018-11-19a11dcq.png

these are the only 2018 games on ps4 that have reviewed worse
To think it was almost Fallout 46.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I really don't get what games you have played before if you think this is nothing like earlier Fallout. Hell I almost stayed away because it seemed very different but playing the Beta and now the bigger realeas I see it is just another Fallout and my experience seems intact.

You might have played the older games other ways or for other reasons and it might be different to you but to say it is nothing like the old ones? WTF where you playing before?

I am sorry you hate this game so much but I am having fun and I am having this much fun because it feels like the other ones.

No, i'm calling your comparison of the game to the entire rest of the series wrong and given how you havent played 1 and 2 i maintain my position. And it's not "just the dialogue" that differentiates 76 from 3 and NV and dialogue is far from being a "just" in fallout.

You're free to enjoy the games however you want. that's not what you said though.
We are talking about Bethesda's Fallout not about 1 and 2. I never ever implied this in any way. So why is it that not having played those now makes my opinion invalid?

Thank you from trying to tell me what my opinion of the game is and how it is wrong.

I must say you really haven't played 4 or other Fallouts if you think this is nothing like them. It is very similar to them in every way. Other than the story and main focus on dialogue with NPCs the gameplay loop is exactly the same as I've played before.

It doesn't play anything like those, factually. You are wrong.
So you to are also trying to tell me how I play my games? Did you only play 1 and 2 or something?

I am sorry you don't agree but I am playing this game 100% in the same way I played 3, NV and 4.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I really don't get what games you have played before if you think this is nothing like earlier Fallout. Hell I almost stayed away because it seemed very different but playing the Beta and now the bigger realeas I see it is just another Fallout and my experience seems intact.

You might have played the older games other ways or for other reasons and it might be different to you but to say it is nothing like the old ones? WTF where you playing before?

I am sorry you hate this game so much but I am having fun and I am having this much fun because it feels like the other ones.

We are talking about Bethesda's Fallout not about 1 and 2. I never ever implied this in any way. So why is it that not having played those now makes my opinion invalid?

Thank you from trying to tell me what my opinion of the game is and how it is wrong.

I must say you really haven't played 4 or other Fallouts if you think this is nothing like them. It is very similar to them in every way. Other than the story and main focus on dialogue with NPCs the gameplay loop is exactly the same as I've played before.

So you to are also trying to tell me how I play my games? Did you only play 1 and 2 or something?

I am sorry you don't agree but I am playing this game 100% in the same way I played 3, NV and 4.
I'm not sure what New Vegas you played but a New Vegas without the amazing dialog, large player choice, branching/complex quests and memorable NPCs sounds miserable to me.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

"Fallout 76 is a blast to play. It's easily my favorite Fallout title to date. Fallout 76 has it's fair share of problems but they don't make the game unplayable. Fallout 76 isn't for everyone but for those who stick with it will definitely find what it has to offer. ."

Here is the reviewer's POV as he was writing that text:

Ei0IqkQ.png

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing against the game, but I'm kind of glad I held out and grabbed it from the redbox first. I'll probably wait a bit to see if some of the issues with the game get addressed, but until then, I'm going to use the reservation and put it down for something else for now.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It would be something to see if score stays in red after big sites post their reviews, probably not happening.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That honestly sounds like Google Translate.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a story behind this that I'm not aware of? Are they this transparent? I enjoy some of their content but I'm not a regular viewer, and for every recommendation I get to check them out, I see like five reasons why I should stay the fuck away.
When F4 came out they gave Jeff Gerstmann shit for his Fallout 4 review while being surrounded by Bethesda swag. Its one thing if you just blatantly shill a product but another when you go out and attack people in the process as well.

While Bethesda sponsored some prior Rooster Teeth videos (an Immersion, basically a mocked up "X Game In Real Life") The Patch wasn't sponsored. Pretty sure they also talked about the lengths they went to buy that swag. So it was basically Gus and Ryan being dumb fanboys doing dumb fanboy shit and not realizing their audience or platform, while the one person who actually had contacts in the games industry was gone for an extended period of time.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I'm not sure what New Vegas you played but a New Vegas without the amazing dialog, large player choice, branching/complex quests and memorable NPCs sounds miserable to me.
Nothing about those 3 things you listed has anything to say about the actual gameplay loop, nothing.

In my original post I already addressed how other than the story and NPCs the gameplay loop is the same to me.

I am not sure what you are calling out here or what game you played if you don't agree.

I guess I see the issue if the issue is that you guys only played Fallout for the story and NPCs. I myself love just going stealth and scavenging for stuff. I've always hated the story.

The one thing I'd say I might miss is the companion NPCs which seemed to be the only NPCs to add anything to the game, but those were replaced with my friends.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they'll massage it into something meaningful after awhile, or it will just remain as a turd....

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how mods can fix this, unless Bethesda is going to allow modders access to the server code

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I'm not sure they gave any thought about how the game will be received. They must've known that:
- The game isn't performing well.
- There will be plenty of bugs, let's release it ASAP.
- Audio logs instead of human NPCs are a terrible idea.
- Horrible reviews incoming, no need to delay.
- First Patch is an additional 50 GB

These points probably have been internally reviewed, someone looked at them and said "That's fine". I can't think of anything they could've done to worsen this game launch... they did everything except lootboxes. Are they trying to sabotage themselves?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
My buddies keep bothering me to buy this to hop on with them but ugggg the Beta was enough for me.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Nothing about those 3 things you listed has anything to say about the actual gameplay loop, nothing.

In my original post I already addressed how other than the story and NPCs the gameplay loop is the same to me.

I am not sure what you are calling out here or what game you played if you don't agree.

I guess I see the issue if the issue is that you guys only played Fallout for the story and NPCs. I myself love just going stealth and scavenging for stuff. I've always hated the story.

The one thing I'd say I might miss is the companion NPCs which seemed to be the only NPCs to add anything to the game, but those were replaced with my friends.
Ok well firstly you're in the minority, and secondly stripping down the character building elements and making VATS more unwieldy does have an effect on gameplay.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What are you talking about? Conversations and choices and actual quests are part of the gameplay loop in an RPG. Which both 3 and New Vegas were.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What are you talking about? Conversations and choices and actual quests are part of the gameplay loop in an RPG. Which both 3 and New Vegas were.
I think he's just referring to the combat. But 76 still has lesser mechanical RPG depth, less interiors/dungeons, no companions and worse VATS. It still isn't JUST like NV even if you strip out a lot of the best parts.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017

I love trying to make sense of your posts. Its like a game in itself.

And hell no this game is NOTHING like fallout 3, NV and is only remotely close to 4.

There are no npcs, no storlines, only a bare ass world and audio logs. Sweet mother of god man what are you even talking about?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England

"My favourite Fallout title to date" = 7/10

So as weird as this review is, and it is really weird, it seems unlikely we'll see anyone score it higher than a 7/10 if that's what it gets from someone who loves the game and thinks it's the best entry in the series yet (lol).

All those jokes about the game getting a metascore of 76, and now it looks like Bethesda should be relieved if it ends up higher than 50...

It's good that you're enjoying it, but surely you can see why most people think it's nothing like Fallout (beyond skin-deep). Sure, if you only play the games for the mediocre-at-best FPS mechanics, then it must feel almost identical to FO4. But for gamers who love Fallout as an RPG series, which is what the series defined itself as, there's very little here. It dresses like a Fallout game, but has axed 90% of what most fans love about it.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
if they make this game cheaper (and it already sells cosmetics for real money to justify) it will be a huge hit.

the main fault is placing it as a full game and asking full price,
the technical problems can be fixed, and more content can be added, I think what they have is pretty solid.