• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I'll be available most of today, so just contact me on PSN or let me know here when is good for you. Also, if I can scrape together the ingredients for tick blood tequila, would you be willing to make a couple for me?

I think you get corpse seed juice from the "Death Blossoms" event that rarely happens in the northern part of the Forest. I've only seen it going a few times.

Yeah... the hardest two ingredients for the tequala are crimson flux and tick blood (hell, crimson flux at least you just have to wait for some one to bomb the bottom right part of the map to get the ingredients to make it but I don't know where to find tick blood consistantly other than the tea party event).

I'll send you a friend request when I'm on (hint, it will have my user name from here on it followed by some numbers. I just don't feel as comfortable posting my username right on the forum).

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Whoa whoa whoa, I've just been making whiskey this whole time. Biv gives you other recipes? Only time I've gone back is for the corn and grain nearby.

Yeah, every 24 hours (seems actually a little less ;) ) he will give you a quest. That quest will always give you a recipe (though it is not guarenteed to always give you a new one, even if you don't know many recipes yet). He finally gave me a new one today (red ant lager). And the only useful to me beer (I'm so sick of beer. I really want the moonshine recipes).

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So how's the game after this update?
I want to try it at some point and wonder if it's worth it now already.

Well I have loved it from day one but now the game can be got for under a tenner digital on both pc and x1 it's a steal.
The current content has daily and weekly stuff to do plus the road map for this year looks like its slightly geared to high level players,so you have time to jump in and get the base games quests done to allow you to hit level 50.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still looking for a sausage recipe on PC if anyone wants to trade for a donut recipe or any of the common masks. I also have a lot of duplicate plans from the event.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Poked around the new "Sheepsquatch" questline. It was okay I guess. Didn't fight it at the end though because it's too late and I didn't wanna just server hop endlessly and put off bedtime. I'll try again tomorrow.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Fired this up for the first time in quite a while and was pleased to see it ran smoother than before. Really do like SO much about this game, even if they missed the mark on a number of design aspects.

Noons End

Nov 5, 2017
Anybody ever experienced consistent "Found World - World Full" when trying to join any server other than through the "Play" menu option? Trying to join lfg people on xbox and haven't been able to get into any other servers. Really odd.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I've been playing this again. I started back up about a week ago and I was really impressed I haven't had a disconnect the whole time, and it seems to be running better. I've managed to finish some of the bugged quest I had been having issues with. I feel like I've accomplished more in the past week than I did the first 2 months I played. I've gone from level 30 to 54. Vendors having 1400 caps is such a huge QOL improvement. I find myself actually thinking about how much I want to play this again.

The hunt for screws I thought was bad, but now I need ballistic fiber and it is showing me what pain truly is.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Played through The Burrows, it's unfortunately pretty bad. It's just a cave full of respawning ghouls. I've enjoyed the Sheepsquatch related questlines more.

Last edited:

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So they are adding weekly challenges to the game where you get legendary item rewards for doing them..... except they are for Survival Mode. W...T...F....

The requirements to the challenges don't even require pvp elements, so why are you restricting them to fucking Survival mode?

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still playing this on Xbox One? I was given a code and thought I would jump in and have dumb fun with the new updates.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Anyone still playing this on Xbox One? I was given a code and thought I would jump in and have dumb fun with the new updates.
Yes,every time I log in the map has a full player list and at weekends you may need to server log just to be able to place your own base.
From a player that has this on all three platforms (Xbox main) It seems the payer base is good.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Yes,every time I log in the map has a full player list and at weekends you may need to server log just to be able to place your own base.
From a player that has this on all three platforms (Xbox main) It seems the payer base is good.

That is great to hear. I appreciate the quick response and I have noticed just getting to the first campsite that there is a lot of player camps setup.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Knocked out 10 achievements it looks as though the level 100 one will be the hardest. Is there a group that plays on Xbox or is it just Rambo with rando's?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Don't know of any dedicated Era group but a few of us have swapped GT.
The only problem as a newish player is that teaming up with very hgh level players will bring high lvl enemy.
My GT is the same as on here so if you get stuck trying to join the Brotherhood and Enclave just give me a shout.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know of any dedicated Era group but a few of us have swapped GT.
The only problem as a newish player is that teaming up with very hgh level players will bring high lvl enemy.
My GT is the same as on here so if you get stuck trying to join the Brotherhood and Enclave just give me a shout.

I think I am just going to roam the wastelands and do everything up to where I hit a wall. Is there a discord still going or has everyone just fallen off the Fallout 76 wagon?

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
Alright folks, I jumped back in today to continue the main quest. I saw I was on "Missing Link", but I swear I've completed that quest and several subsequent quests. Did something happen between the beginning of the year and now that would have reset my quest log?

Thank you for the Discord link. I will check it out tomorrow.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The new vending machines for your CAMPs are coming, and actually seem neat. Whats nice is that your vending machine appears on the other players maps so they know to come visit you. That was a concern folks had since the game was not persistent, that how are ppl going to find or visit to buy anything, but if its on the map that does help alot

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
The new vending machines for your CAMPs are coming, and actually seem neat. Whats nice is that your vending machine appears on the other players maps so they know to come visit you. That was a concern folks had since the game was not persistent, that how are ppl going to find or visit to buy anything, but if its on the map that does help alot

I'm kinda hoping one guy is right and you can turn that feature off... I want my machine to be hidden so if you find it you get a treat by low prices. I mean my camp isn't trying to hide too much but it's not on a roadway so you have to go off path to see it.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'm kinda hoping one guy is right and you can turn that feature off... I want my machine to be hidden so if you find it you get a treat by low prices. I mean my camp isn't trying to hide too much but it's not on a roadway so you have to go off path to see it.

lol Im not sure the logic of hiding your vending machine when the player population is so tiny for a huge world map. Unless you leave the game on 24/7, the chances of people dropping by is pretty low usually already.

If I put up a vendor, I kinda want to sell stuff so want ppl to come.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
lol Im not sure the logic of hiding your vending machine when the player population is so tiny for a huge world map. Unless you leave the game on 24/7, the chances of people dropping by is pretty low usually already.

If I put up a vendor, I kinda want to sell stuff so want ppl to come.

I don't need the caps so much (we'll see if that changes after player vending but in general I prefer to find my items, it just doesn't seem as exciting if I just buy them). I just like thinking that maybe some one will be excited to find a hidden gem that they found by exploring, not by looking at a map and finding an icon. Though most of my stuff will probably be mostly exciting for lower level players... I don't tend to come across many legendaries and usually pretty lame ones when I do. But I don't grind for them either (though I admit I'm bad about trying to do as many dailies as possible). But my camp is in a low level area anyways :).

I'm planning on having freebies too. I really like the idea of offering free donuts except frogs and enough brahmin's milk are hard enough to find I don't know if I'll be able to keep stocked well enough with them. And I keep accidentally scrapping the cooking oil I come across.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the point of taxing the vending machine. You can just set the prices high and wait for someone to haggle with you to avoid it.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I don't understand the point of taxing the vending machine. You can just set the prices high and wait for someone to haggle with you to avoid it.

You would have to stay around the vending machine. And the point is Bethesda doesn't really want people making too much money for whatever reason (not saying it's a good reason but I'm pretty sure they are trying to control the amount you get vs. what you might have to pay for other people's goods.. they don't want an even exchange happening where you get the same amount of bottlecaps to what other people are charging for their stuff).

What I want to know is if I sell ammo or stimpacks for like 1 bottlecap, will I see any of that? Like will they just say the tax is 1 bottlecap since there is no smaller denomination or will they just add up the portions until I have 10 bottlecaps (enough to take 1 bottlecap from) of sales. Or maybe they won't let you charge less than 10 bottlecaps (may only give you denominations of 10 to be able to set charges at).

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

Old school way to slowing down the economy from going out of whack. Lame but video games have been doing this especially with online community games since forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.