• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
So is the Handmade an auto or non-auto rifle? I thought it was auto, at least the one I have is, and therefore never used it because I'm focusing on non-auto.

On a side note, I don't know anything about guns, so maybe someone can help me with this. Would the hunting rifle be improved by adding a .38 receiver vs .308?

You can mod it to be auto or semi.

.38 is a smaller caliber, so probably not.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I love this game even more. Feels like I've been so many places then I head to the Mire and see a bunch of undiscovered places nearby. Was over encumbered by about 50 pounds but had to keep trekking until I found a workbench to scrap guns and items I was hoarding. Died when I encountered 3 snaggy jerks.

Oh and ended up going in the Wendigo Cave. Came out more scared of Mirelurk Kings more than Wendigo's now. Was with someone in there so it wasn't terrible but I was near death a few times and he actually died twice.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I love this game even more. Feels like I've been so many places then I head to the Mire and see a bunch of undiscovered places nearby. Was over encumbered by about 50 pounds but had to keep trekking until I found a workbench to scrap guns and items I was hoarding. Died when I encountered 3 snaggy jerks.

Oh and ended up going in the Wendigo Cave. Came out more scared of Mirelurk Kings more than Wendigo's now. Was with someone in there so it wasn't terrible but I was near death a few times and he actually died twice.

Mirelurk queens are now the only thing I worry about. That acid eats away sooo fast. Haven't found a defense yet. I've fought the scorchbeast queen and every level of every other creature in the game and I don't stress. That mirelurk queen is the only one that kills me anymore if I'm not trigger happy with stimpacks. Wish I knew how to better defend against it. Kings are worse than wendigos though. Wendigos look creepier but I've never struggled with one. Even the level 30 kings put up a stronger fight.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
So is the Handmade an auto or non-auto rifle? I thought it was auto, at least the one I have is, and therefore never used it because I'm focusing on non-auto.

On a side note, I don't know anything about guns, so maybe someone can help me with this. Would the hunting rifle be improved by adding a .38 receiver vs .308?
The only thing better than the .308 on the hunting rifle is the .50 receiver. And even then you'll most likely learn the hardened version of the .308 receiver which is better than basic .50 receiver. There are upgraded .50 recievers out there but they've a real hassle for me to find.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
I have 4 Handmade Rifle plans (the gun that looks like an AK) and I'm willing to part with one of them (or some caps if you'd prefer) in exchange for a brave COURIER on Xbox who will help me get a few things (mostly plans and caps) from my alt character to my main one.

I promise not to shoot or kick you in the head after the job is done. ;)

Glad I could help out. Thanks so much for that plan. I thought I'd never get the handmade plans. Now time to grind mods for it. :)

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Try to do the main storyline for rose.

Encounter a deathclaw that seeming isn't moving, but won't let me activate the required step to push the mission forward.
I then start getting attacked by said deathclaw, even though it's standing still stuck between rocks. I run away, I continue to be attacked and eventually murdered by invisible VATS immune deathclaw.
I respawn and the sub quest is completely gone and now the main story quest it was tied to is stuck. 3 reloads later and I'm in the same position.
What can I do?

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I gotta say, props to Bethesda for the amazing enemy visual design and variety. I know more than half of them are edited Fallout 4 creatures, but man, you never know what's behind the next corner.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Try to do the main storyline for rose.

Encounter a deathclaw that seeming isn't moving, but won't let me activate the required step to push the mission forward.
I then start getting attacked by said deathclaw, even though it's standing still stuck between rocks. I run away, I continue to be attacked and eventually murdered by invisible VATS immune deathclaw.
I respawn and the sub quest is completely gone and now the main story quest it was tied to is stuck. 3 reloads later and I'm in the same position.
What can I do?

Typically logging on and off is the only way to fix a broken quest. Otherwise.... yea.... no idea

Oct 25, 2017
Crap!!!!! I lost all my scrapped junk (highly over encumbered), a bunch was super rare stuff too. The day before I was at whitespring bunker. Logged in today in a nuke storm there (I hate how people keep nuking it). I didn't have any rad protection .. so died. responded and went back to get my stuff.. started to get my stuff then was attacked by a high level enemy ... while in the screen to pick up my stuff was kicked out and my bag of just disappeared ... :( hours of work gone :( They need to fix this so you don't spawn into the nuke area and fix the retrieval of your junk.

I've been looking (on PC) for day's and I can't get the handmade rifle plans. :(

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Man, i cant believe how much caps i save when fast traveling with "travel agent". Such a good card.

Crap!!!!! I lost all my scrapped junk (highly over encumbered), a bunch was super rare stuff too. The day before I was at whitespring bunker. Logged in today in a nuke storm there (I hate how people keep nuking it). I didn't have any rad protection .. so died. responded and went back to get my stuff.. started to get my stuff then was attacked by a high level enemy ... while in the screen to pick up my stuff was kicked out and my bag of just disappeared ... :( hours of work gone :( They need to fix this so you don't spawn into the nuke area and fix the retrieval of your junk.

I've been looking (on PC) for day's and I can't get the handmade rifle plans. :(
You doing this?

The only thing you should have to do is:

1. Fast travel to the prison.
2. Immediately start running towards the front door to the prison.
3. If it fails, server hop. It will place you at the same position as when you fast traveled.
4. Repeat step 2.

That's it. Dont have to go inside, dont have to shoot anyone, dont have to emote, etc etc. Just run to the door. If it doesnt trigger? Server hop. Repeat. It should trigger before you are even able to get inside.

Unless they changed something, that is what I did.

Edit: for reference, i was level 34ish at the time? I do not think level matters.

Also!

I think you can find the plan in the little shack at the Poseidon Power Plant Yard.
Omg you were right i found it! It was on a table in a shed!

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
u65syt11vu221.jpg

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I feel like there needs to be a better system then server hopping.

Pretty much everyone who grinds has set things or routes, then server hops to repeat said process. I dunno, just seems cheesy to me.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Picked up this handmade weapon that everyone is going crazy for. Got it off a Super Mutant, pretty good so far. Would rather use my 5.56 ammo on the handmade than the assault rifle.

*edit*
Someone please tell me I'm not supposed to be at a place called Atlas Observatory? Went in there and took on a small army of robobrains, mr gutsys and protectrons. Then all of a sudden more came and more came but this time they were level 52. Just never stopped coming so I had to just pack up and run.

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these locations are really fun to explore as a big fan of the series. Just finally getting to Vault-Tec University and love seeing the place that all these Overseers attended from other Fallout games.

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these locations are really fun to explore as a big fan of the series. Just finally getting to Vault-Tec University and love seeing the place that all these Overseers attended from other Fallout games.

exploring areas is the only reason I play this game. Shame that instead of NPCs they populated the world with shitty zombies, shittier skyrim dragons, and level 1 molerats that won't leave you the fuck alone even when they can't damage you. Enemies in this game is among the worst I've ever seen.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
exploring areas is the only reason I play this game. Shame that instead of NPCs they populated the world with shitty zombies, shittier skyrim dragons, and level 1 molerats that won't leave you the fuck alone even when they can't damage you. Enemies in this game is among the worst I've ever seen.
What level are you? Please tell me you aren't like level 45 or something ridiculous with level 1 mole rats jumping on you.

Oct 25, 2017
It's more than frustrating. It straight up ruins the damn game at points. Like... I'm just trying to pick my perk and the game won't stop spawning enemies in for 5 seconds. It's like they're trying everything in their power to make me hate this game. So many quests have been ruined by an absurd amount of enemies attacking when just trying to read notes, or dig through a computer, or examine the environment.

Last edited:

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I swear to glob if its not one thing its another. I have 80 something adhesive and aluminum. So now the games all "You got screws bruh?"

Of course I don't God Damn it.

Eternal search for screws, springs, adhesive, aluminum, oil, and gears. All are tagged because it's never ever enough.

What level are you? Please tell me you aren't like level 45 or something ridiculous with level 1 mole rats jumping on you.

Even at lvl 70 yes...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My god is the game stingy with workbenches in some areas. Prickett's Fort has a literal blacksmith's shack but no benches in the whole damn area.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Feels like my camp is in the perfect spot, only get attacked by Mutants, Mole Rats and dogs/wolf and ever since I built the laser turret and missile one I've been all set. I'm sure I could probably find a better spot just so I could have a garden or other things but I'm good with my water purifier and nothing else.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
We need some faction swag for our camps. How's a brother supposed to rep the Brotherhood with no statues of Elder Maxson?

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Are the Atomic Shop Limited Time items actually limited? I could have sworn Wild Rags were tagged limited at some point in the last week or so but I can still buy them. I could be confusing some highlighted items with limited time items, though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Atomic Shop Limited Time items actually limited? I could have sworn Wild Rags were tagged limited at some point in the last week or so but I can still buy them. I could be confusing some highlighted items with limited time items, though.

so far only the evil kenevil suit has been limited

edit: apparently as I type this there's a mothman frame that's limited for 5 hours, and a fruit hat limited for 1 day

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
2 questions. Did I miss out on handmade plans now that I'm level 46 and is there any way to upgrade legendary weapons?
Yes and no. Supposedly (according to reddit) after level 40 you can't buy the plans from vendors anymore as their loot tables are messed up, but it is still possible to get them as a drop from an event.

If you mean upgrade as in go from a level 25 to 35, no.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of vendor locations to start buying plans from?

And what do stars on legendary gear mean? Can you improve them?

Status
Not open for further replies.