• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
The review in question.)

I think Bethesda will swing back around on this one, and in a year or so will land on something better while still sticking to the core vision. As I noted earlier, Elder Scrolls Online also launched in a bad state in 2014, but the one-two punch of the One Tamriel overhaul in 2016 and Morrowind in 2017 definitely righted the ship for me. I expect Fallout 76 will be the same.
About as fair as you can ask for. Well done Mike

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How do you increase your Stash weight limit? Not you carry weight, but your actual stash at your camp. Mine seems to be 160 atm?

I wish you could craft a couple stashes so you could have different types of items in each one at your base, but I guess that would cause problems with the stashes you can find out in the open world.

Im also kinda disappointed with the smaller base building limit. That was actually my favorite part of Fallout 4 and I was looking forward to an improved version in this game.

Final Question: How are people playing on PC? Mouse and Keyboard or controller? Can you use your controller and switch to mouse and keyboard on the fly like you could in Fallout 4? Navigating your inventory is such a pain in the ass now lol. Im getting used to it a bit, but I still cant figure out how to selectively loot items. Like if a corpse has 3 items and I want the 2nd one, how do you move up or down without grabbing everything?

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Ow ffs, right my time to play too

@above Stash is 400, if you just hover over it you see your own weight limit

Oct 26, 2017
Just found a random church that looked fairly normal in the main room, then I found very tiny staircase to the attic and there's deer skulls and pentagrams all over.

Found that with some people I've been playing with. I was downstairs while a friend went upstairs and said exactly what you said. It was still kinda surprising going upstairs and seeing it though.

I'm really glad I've given this game more time. This has been a blast once I found some other people that enjoy it the same way I do. Base building together should get more credit than it does.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I try to be fair, because even if a game has issues, it's still the result of hard work by tons of people. (The review in question.)

I think Bethesda will swing back around on this one, and in a year or so will land on something better while still sticking to the core vision. As I noted earlier, Elder Scrolls Online also launched in a bad state in 2014, but the one-two punch of the One Tamriel overhaul in 2016 and Morrowind in 2017 definitely righted the ship for me. I expect Fallout 76 will be the same.

That's what I'm thinking will happen to. ZeniMax and Co. have no problem offering longterm support to games that launch poorly. I mean we're getting Rage 2 for crying out loud.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Looks like Bethesda are going to take the Bungie route to glitch fixes.

"Does it make the game more fun?"

"No.

"Ehhhh, we'll patch it when we get around to it..."

"Does it make the game more fun?"

"Yes."

"GET THAT SHIT OUTTA HERE!"

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Really I just got up expecting to play... how longs this for :(

I am off today and was about to play as well. Do we know if they are fixing anything or just standard server maintenance? Any word how long it will be off-line? I guess I can make a cake for thanksgiving now instead of later then. lol

Crash

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yeah I've been having a lot more fun after doing the glitch. I can actually keep multiple weapons now!

I hope they don't fix it until they also make the stash hold more, or at least do something to make inventory management a lot less annoying.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
You'll stealth crouch-walk halfway across Appalachia while overencumbered like me and you'll like it, damn it!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously getting annoying going to do a mission and a Scorchbeast decides to swoop down and ruin all plans. It happens far too often...

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
A tip to anyone who could use 20 more weight, eat a Ribeye Steak! They last for 30 minutes and are easy to make. Just kill the Brahmin at Flatwoods. Super easy.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So it seems that certain vendors share cap pools, depending on their faction. Here's a post that helped me with selling bulked scraps:

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/269952/appalachias-economy-vendor-factions-and-locations?page=1
Yup, All Vendors of specific factions share cap pools (Responders, Enclave, Brotherhood, etc.)

Meaning once you've cleaned one vendor out you're stuck for a few hours until the stock resupplies.

A tip to anyone who could use 20 more weight, eat a Ribeye Steak! They last for 30 minutes and are easy to make. Just kill the Brahmin at Flatwoods. Super easy.

Radstag gives the same benefit. It's good eatin.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to find a new location by water hoping it wouldn't fast travel me underwater like the old one. This spot was perfect and I loved the scenery but... it still spawns me underwater FFS. Fix this shit, Bungie.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Any ETA on when servers go back up? Or are they already up?

Oct 31, 2017
Good tip. That inventory mod was also eyeopening for me as I had nearly 150 lbs in just food alone. Some of those pieces of meat being 2 lbs each as well as a lot of different bottles of alcohol. Ended up getting the alcoholic perk so I can just keep chugging away and never get addicted.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How does fast traveling work? Can you just fast travel back to any point you've visited?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Yep! The only restrictions are you cannot fast travel into a nuke zone and you cannot fast travel to workshops you do not own.

Fast traveling to Vault 76, a workshop you own, or your CAMP is free.
This is why it's a good idea to put your camp reasonably far away from the Vault, gives you more possibilities.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Really should have paid attention or googled the pvp stuff. Lost all my junk. sooo much junk. So many gears, adhesive, titanium, screws, and everything else. Hours gone. All because I took the bait on someone shooting at me in my camp.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Really should have paid attention or googled the pvp stuff. Lost all my junk. sooo much junk. So many gears, adhesive, titanium, screws, and everything else. Hours gone. All because I took the bait on someone shooting at me in my camp.
People who roam around in power armor starting shit are the worst kind of people.

Get out of that tin can and fight me like a man dammit!

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, I've enjoyed plenty of media regardless of how highly reviewed (or not) it was. I really do want to jump in, but this close to Christmas one is sensible to the cost of things. Buying RDR2 despite suspecting it wouldn't be my thing has made me money conscious for the next couple of months :D

Anyway, I always find your reviews fair and a good read, so just wanted to say so since the opportunity arose. :)
About as fair as you can ask for. Well done Mike
1122887_1.jpg

Thanks folks.

So uhhh...an exploit has been discovered in regards to carry weight.

All it takes is a single piece of pocketed armor and it ostensibly gives unlimited carry capacity...

I'm not sure what the protocol regarding glitches is here on Resetera so I dunno if I can fully describe it :/

Oh, do tell?
How do you increase your Stash weight limit? Not you carry weight, but your actual stash at your camp. Mine seems to be 160 atm?

Your stash should max out at 400lbs. There's no way to increase it.

Can I get a suit of power armor at 20?

You can equip the frame at level 15? Just take the armor bits off and then step into it.

Crash

Oct 27, 2017
United States

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Well I hadn't really had too many major issues so far, but I guess they all decided to happen on the same night. First of all, the Wanted system is... weird. It's like in GTA how a minor offense has the cops killing you, only this time I'm being killed by actual players.

The two things that have given me a WANTED level is:

a) Shooting a scarecrow at an already owned workshop. I was using the benches there and crafted a new scope and was testing it out. Not even shooting one of the built structures. What felt like hours later somebody one shot me while I was in a vendor trade window.
b) Unlocking an in-world Toolbox in the general vicinity of another already owned workshop. It was empty, btw, but nope, I'm a wanted criminal now. I fast travelled the fuck out of there and deposited all my junk.

Then, more annoying then wonky PvP, I had my first game crash while messing around in my CAMP. Logged back on and my CAMP is gone -- which is usually fine, has happened several times already, I just place the camp back down and everything I had is in the STORED Tab. Not this time, I lost everything, all my benches, turrets, walls, plants, etc.

And yet, I still really want to play and am still having fun, but yeah, game needs a lot of love and attention, which I hope it gets. Having the FPS untied from the physics is already a good start, something that the combined efforts of Skyrim and Fallout 4 never yielded.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do I configure the ini file so that if I launch the game via GeForce experience I don't have to log in? Pm me if not allowed on open forum

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.