• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So what to do when perk cards are at Max rank? Can we level them up to push them to the next "level"? Meaning can I turn a riflemen card (max) into an expert riflemen card or is that a different card altogether.

If not, is it still a good idea to stack an extra riflemen (one star) on top of my 3 star card? Hopefully that makes sense what I am asking.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hooked my phone into my controller and spent the last two hours as a traveling radio, playing classics for other players while I shuttled supplies back and forth, from the first town the main quest brings you to, back to my base (right next to the newby convention aka Overseer's C.A.M.P. ). I figured someone would eventually get annoyed but nope, had a couple people follow me around for my music even. This game is weeeird but these strange mp opportunities, man, they make it all worthwhile.

My song of the night, tonight:

Last edited:

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
So what to do when perk cards are at Max rank? Can we level them up to push them to the next "level"? Meaning can I turn a riflemen card (max) into an expert riflemen card or is that a different card altogether.

If not, is it still a good idea to stack an extra riflemen (one star) on top of my 3 star card? Hopefully that makes sense what I am asking.
You can't stack anymore as far as I know. It's just there. You could argue there's a point to having a 1/2/3 point card so you can use a lesser version in a different build where you don't have points to spare but I do hope at 6 duplicates you stop getting them or they'll just be wasted cards in your inventory unless they have something else planned for them eventually.

Expert Rifleman should be a different card. PS. The first points in these cards are worth 10%, the second and third 5% each. So you should consider whether it's worth using 9 points for 60% damage vs 3 points for 30% damage.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
You can't stack anymore as far as I know. It's just there. You could argue there's a point to having a 1/2/3 point card so you can use a lesser version in a different build where you don't have points to spare but I do hope at 6 duplicates you stop getting them or they'll just be wasted cards in your inventory unless they have something else planned for them eventually.

Expert Rifleman should be a different card. PS. The first points in these cards are worth 10%, the second and third 5% each. So you should consider whether it's worth using 9 points for 60% damage vs 3 points for 30% damage.

Thank you dude. I was wondering because I'm about to level up and I have a duplicate of rifleman that I can pick. Didnt want to waste a card choice on this if I cant even use it.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Dude

The hate train got this one wrong

Fallout 76 is fantastic. Not perfect but damn good fun and absolutely worth peoples time

Especially if you have friends to take with you

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Dude

The hate train got this one wrong

Fallout 76 is fantastic. Not perfect but damn good fun and absolutely worth peoples time

Especially if you have friends to take with you
I'm having fun just mucking around solo but I wouldn't put it above a mediocre experience (which is fine for me, I knew that going in). I don't think it's $60 worthy. $40 would've been far more realistic. Personally, if it wasn't Fallout I wouldn't be playing it.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit! My friend just saw the funniest bug we've encountered so far. We were finishing up for the night and whenever I quit the game, I was in my power armor and this happened.
1r4vae.jpg

Funniest shit ever

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Got together with rangersfan414 and Somewhatgroovy last night. We roamed around doing a couple missions and events. Had an absolute blast doing it. Even though rangers wanted to start shit with everyone. :)

There is something special about going on a adventure in this game with some friends

Firstly how fucking jam packed with varied content it is. We played about 3 hours last night and found all kinds of crazy locations, monsters and bits of story

Also the collaborative building of a base of operations together was fun! The build limit is a bit strict but we made what we needed and have a prime location

Combined with how managing resources and survival it truly makes it quite fun... Even if I have to make food for my dumb friend who forgets to pack LOL

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So turns out keybinds don't like to be rebound, cool. Rebound tab to actually be the map and ESC to be pipboy and now every time I pull up esc for pipboy it gives me that, but then when I put it away it gives me the map. Thanks.

Oct 26, 2017
Got together with rangersfan414 and Somewhatgroovy last night. We roamed around doing a couple missions and events. Had an absolute blast doing it. Even though rangers wanted to start shit with everyone. :)

There is something special about going on a adventure in this game with some friends

Firstly how fucking jam packed with varied content it is. We played about 3 hours last night and found all kinds of crazy locations, monsters and bits of story

Also the collaborative building of a base of operations together was fun! The build limit is a bit strict but we made what we needed and have a prime location

Combined with how managing resources and survival it truly makes it quite fun... Even if I have to make food for my dumb friend who forgets to pack LOL

I have so many beds.

That was great stuff and thanks again.:) I think my favorite thing was zorbs and I trying to press on with quests but realizing ranger was running in the other direction stalking other players.

See you soon!

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
So, by the description. You need a certain level to disable pacifist mode. But anyone at that (I assume high level) can attack low level players and murder them?
That does seem like the exact opposit way I expected to have an option :-/

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
So, by the description. You need a certain level to disable pacifist mode. But anyone at that (I assume high level) can attack low level players and murder them?

The world is massive and i played for Hours without being harrassed by anyone

Also you can block harassers so they can no longer see you on the map which given its size pretty much guarantees they wont find you if you move

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just in case anyone missed it last night we knocked up a quick discord since a few people mentioned being interested.
It's nothing flash but people can assign themselves roles for platform to facilitate teaming, especially if they don't want to use in game voice chat etc.

Click the off-centre icon below :)

Last edited:

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Players under level 5 can't participate in PvP and thus not be killed. Once you reach level 5 other players can attack you but killing someone who doesn't want to engage in PvP is crazy hard to kill - I went to another players base and he accidently attacked me which triggered 5 of his turrets which were firing at me.. and I lost next to no HP.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Just in case anyone missed it last night we knocked up a quick discord since a few people mentioned being interested.
It's nothing flash but people can assign themselves roles for platform to facilitate teaming, especially if they don't want to use in game voice chat etc.

Click the off-centre icon below :)

Nice!

Also, anyone know where to find screws. I need a fuckton on them. Halp.

Also, I just found some military grade duct tape (2x4= 8 pieces of adhesive) that I don't need *wink wink* might trade for it. I have 35 adhesives total because I don't fuck around. I'm a madman.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
What do you need to plant stuff at your camp? Is it a plan or just the plant?
Also I found plans for Chinese electric sword but I can't see it when I go to crafting table. Is it only craftable at a certain level?

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Going to see if I can plant some crops by my camp.
I didn't really enjoy the base building in FO4. But There is something about this game that I want to improve my camp. Maybe it's because I picked out the spot instead of it being a set area. I feel like it's more mine, if that makes any sense. Whatever it is, I feel like I'll spend some time building up my camp.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The cooking station it's down under utility I believe.

Making a high producing garden for this stuff is pretty easy... once I actually find some corn that is lol

Do you happen to know how to use fertilizer on the crops?

Nice. Going to see if I can plant some crops by my camp.
I didn't really enjoy the base building in FO4. But There is something about this game that I want to improve my camp. Maybe it's because I picked out the spot instead of it being a set area. I feel like it's more mine, if that makes any sense. Whatever it is, I feel like I'll spend some time building up my camp.

I didnt want to give this away to other player but hot damn is the Hunting Lodge area likely one of the best base building locations in the game. Plenty of animals to hunt, food to gather (beans, berries, etc) and a source of water

My buddy and I found it and basically decided this was our spot

Highly recommended area for a base

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Making a high producing garden for this stuff is pretty easy... once I actually find some corn that is lol

Do you happen to know how to use fertilizer on the crops?
After you harvest from a plant so many times it will need to be repaired to continue producing. You use fertilizer then.

I do know if you can fertilize anytime you want. You can find plans for a compost heap and put all your spoiled foods in it to make fertilizer. I don't know how that works yet, I don't have the plans for it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I found the plans for a water purifier last night. And it turns out I'm just two units of oil away from having everything I need to craft it?!

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
didnt want to give this away to other player but hot damn is the Hunting Lodge area likely one of the best base building locations in the game. Plenty of animals to hunt, food to gather (beans, berries, etc) and a source of water

I'm posted up by a lake in the south east. It seems to have a lot of resources around it. I play with 3 other people so we have bases set up in different areas to fast travel to.

I found the plans for a water purifier last night. And it turns out I'm just two units of oil away from having everything I need to craft it?!

It's a game changer. Not constantly having to eat rad aways and curing dysentery from drinking boiled water really improved my enjoyment.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
A scorchbeast turned up, I couldn't get away because I was overencumbered, and it broke all my armor in like 10 seconds.

And now I need ballistics fiber to repair stuff.

It's not all bad though, the very same things that need ballistics fiber to repair, DO NOT need it to get crafted in the first place, so I guess I'll just craft new stuff every time my old stuff breaks.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
A scorchbeast turned up, I couldn't get away because I was overencumbered, and it broke all my armor in like 10 seconds.

It's not all bad though, the very same things that need ballistics fiber to repair, DO NOT need it to get crafted in the first place, so I guess I'll just craft new stuff every time my old stuff breaks.

Well thats a convenient discovery!

noted

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt want to give this away to other player but hot damn is the Hunting Lodge area likely one of the best base building locations in the game. Plenty of animals to hunt, food to gather (beans, berries, etc) and a source of water

Good tip. Will check it out. I'm trying to convince my buddies to have bases all over the wasteland. That way there are free fast travel locations for the group. Might head over to the hunting lodge and claim a spot.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Played for another 2.5 hours last night. The first 30 minutes were spent trying to find a server that wasn't laggy as hell. Then I had about an hour-and-a-half of good connection, followed by another 30 minutes of the server crapping out.

Why was it too much to let us choose a server based on ping and population, again?

Repairs are way too costly in general, and need to be overhauled.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

Ahhh! I was wondering what ballistic fiber was used for now that ballistic armor clothes is no longer a thing. Using it as an armor repair resource makes sense.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Guys some crazy shit went down at the Post Office up north of the map. The quest where you gotta go to the Post Office and examine the terminal to deliver a package or something. Well, the quest is bugged so the terminal doesn't allow you to progress so the only way to fix it is by relogging. I thought okay, I'll just relog and check the terminal to continue the quest.

Well...

My friend and I log in and we're surrounded by a horde of Super Mutants. It's like a huge Super Mutant invasion and we're dealing as much damage as we're taking, it's one hell of a battle but we're really outnumbered and eventually outgunned, so we're pushed back as the Super Mutant army show us who the bosses are.

But THEN!

Some level 30 giant troll things come out of nowhere and chase us. We run for our lives lol. Crazy stuff, and I didn't even get to examine the terminal because there was so much carnage. Did the Super Mutants mutate into those giant things? What the hell was that!?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
You can't use two rifleman together but you can merge them together into a rifleman 2 card.

Yea. I was kinda hoping you could push past level 3 somehow but I guess you can't?

Thanks. Will build there now and fight you 1v1 for it >:D

Nah I'm comfy where I'm at with my lakeside home (water purifier). Also have good farmland here. I've been doubling my crop foods so much that wild chickens started to show up at my farm somehow?

Also, mini robots raid my home randomly now. I guess I'm getting too big now and the game is trying to stop me.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yea. I was kinda hoping you could push past level 3 somehow but I guess you can't?

Thanks. Will build there now and fight you 1v1 for it >:D

Nah I'm comfy where I'm at with my lakeside home (water purifier). Also have good farmland here. I've been doubling my crop foods so much that wild chickens started to show up at my farm somehow?

Also, mini robots raid my home randomly now. I guess I'm getting too big now and the game is trying to stop me.

Dude how much is hidden in this world

I feel like I am regulary finding new shit all the time

Oct 27, 2017
So I was near Clarksburg when I got jumped by about a dozen anglers...despite them being only level 18 I could barely do a lick of damage no matter what I did (shotguns, sniper rifle, grenades, landmines)

Can somebody explain to Bethesda why it's utter horseshit to get ganked like that by a bunch of dumb looking fish and not be able to fight back...

I just encountered this. The game runs so poorly that they were all over the place. Despite having a 95% chance to hit with VATS it wouldn't do anything. I have a pretty good shotgun so I was barely able to survive. But yeah I was enjoying this game for a bit, but the more I play the less I'm liking it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of hidden stuff.... I just ran into this... Thing:
latest
What the FUCK.

I was in the forests. And I heard this weird humming noise. I walked over to it and by the time I realized what I saw, he transformed into an orb an teleported away. I glanced at his name and level (
flatwoods monster lv30
). I have never seen anything like this before in a fallout game.

Is this an alien? The wiki says it "seems extraterrestrial" in nature.

Edit: added spoilers in case people want to happen upon it by themselves.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I find adhesive everywhere. It's aluminum that I need to repair my guns with that is so rare. I've had to start deciding if a gun is worth repairing and being glad I carry an arsenal with me cause it takes a while before I can fix one when it breaks.

Kill robots! I got plenty of Aluminium but I need more Adhesive. Especially after losing my first batch. :(

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it guaranteed this is never coming to Steam, or will they release it there later like they did for TESO? Also, any word on PS4 v. Xbox? I'd like to play on PC, but no steam makes me iffy. Might pick up console version for the weekend.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
This game makes me want to replay and finish Fallout 4, it's like a singleplayer RPG version of Fallout 76, with a complete open world, lots of quests to do and lots of characters to meet. Oh and you get a dog.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
This game makes me want to replay and finish Fallout 4, it's like a singleplayer RPG version of Fallout 76, with a complete open world, lots of quests to do and lots of characters to meet. Oh and you get a dog.

So go replay Fallout 4. It's a great game. I put hundreds of hours into it.

I'm enjoying 76 more. We both have great games to play.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
LVL30 person in power armor approached me and lead me to some boxes she/he opened for me with lockpicks. Cool :)
Sad there is no proper "thanks" emote.

The controls are really bad tho, at least on PC. For example I remapped almost everything to my custom set I use in every FP game and now I can't use photomode because it uses the "standard" keybindings. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.