• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is it on the 1X? The engine wasn't too great on consoles to begin with.

Absolutely horrific. The performance is consistently abysmal on my X. I emptied out Grafton earlier and it still ran like shit, completely devoid of NPC's.

Shocking stuff. This is maybe the worst game I've played this year. Runs like shit, looks worse than any other AAA release in recent memory, and it's crushingly boring. I want to like it desperately and I'll be putting more time into it as I spent $60 on this shit, but my god is it a boring, stuttery mess.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I did a new character today that will probably be my main and ran into someone in the Vault at the very beginning. He was very friendly to me and talked to me over mic (I didn't have one though) and he sent me a party invite. And we just explored for two hours or so, doing quests and rummaging around helping each other out in the wastes. It was a lot of fun.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
It's not hyperbole when it is the norm? Yes there are other items in the world to collect but when your loot table is skewed to having so many junk items you're going to get a higher average of that item appearing. I know that it's done due to the game having such crafting mechanics in place that you are pushing players to hoard materials to further create the loot they actually want but it's a detractor in itself.

I've found some neat weapons and it's nice when I do find them. But they are so far and between that it further makes the world empty. This is a survival online RPG after all, so decent loot tables should be there to encourage exploration. Otherwise going exploring becomes just simply expecting nothing for your time bar an interesting shell.

It's not "nothing for your time" though. You bypassed half of my post. You take that "nothing" and turn it into something. If you find some pipe pistols and scrap them, you unlock new mods for pipe pistols. If you refuse to craft I guess I see your point, but why are you playing this game if you don't want to craft?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
One thing I miss is the ability to pick up any object and move it around.

It added that extra immersion to looting where I could move or pick up any object and rotate it to dump out contents from a barrel or box or something.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm getting like sub-10 FPS in-game and I have no idea why.

i7-7700k 3.8, 1060 6gb

Can't even make a character.

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I miss is the ability to pick up any object and move it around.

It added that extra immersion to looting where I could move or pick up any object and rotate it to dump out contents from a barrel or box or something.

I'm pretty sure the Xbox 1 (not the X) would catch fire trying to run this if that was still included, I'm just going to be honest.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I've been really loving Fallout 76 myself. It has a ton of potential still to come. I've enjoyed exploring Appalachia more than any other Fallout world. Having it set only 20 years after the bombs drop really adds to the experience, there's a lot of fresh stories to be told from the immediate aftermath. And yeah, there are plenty of stories in the world. No dramatic cutscenes or conversations going on of course, but I personally don't mind. I love the feeling of the desolation and solitude.

This is my feelings as well. Love the story telling in the world and that all the lore is coming from that first generation of survivors that have died off. Super creepy vibes and I'm loving it.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
There is so much lore in this game and some of the audio recordings are really long. I'm only about 2 hours in but I've just been slowly moving along listening to survivor stories and reading terminals. Some guy called out to me because he wanted to give me a full set of armor and some weapons which was nice and all, but I got kind of annoyed because I had to stop paying attention to the recording I was listening to XD.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Outside the plans vendors have, are most plans static or is it luck to find them? Just so much I can't build in the game for my CAMP as I dont have the plans for it yet

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Spent like 25 minutes making a character, ran around a bit, quit to desktop to change some ini files for FoV, then when I logged on again it started straight from the character creator...

*sigh*

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's not "nothing for your time" though. You bypassed half of my post. You take that "nothing" and turn it into something. If you find some pipe pistols and scrap them, you unlock new mods for pipe pistols. If you refuse to craft I guess I see your point, but why are you playing this game if you don't want to craft?
I don't refuse to craft, and I didn't ignore your other discussion as I agree with that. My problem isn't crafting nor is it giving junk items because it's the cycle of crafting. The problem is that's all the world has in it when exploring because it's so skewed to the junk for loot tables. I wnst to see cool rewards when getting to an end dungeon, doesn't have to be OP but just some flavourful item. Too many times I stumble on a wicked area and then find nothing it that rewards me for the choice of exploring it.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I don't refuse to craft, and I didn't ignore your other discussion as I agree with that. My problem isn't crafting nor is it giving junk items because it's the cycle of crafting. The problem is that's all the world has in it when exploring because it's so skewed to the junk for loot tables. I wnst to see cool rewards when getting to an end dungeon, doesn't have to be OP but just some flavourful item. Too many times I stumble on a wicked area and then find nothing it that rewards me for the choice of exploring it.

Well, they didn't have a boatload of unique items in FO4 either. I'd be willing to bet there is the same amount of uniques in 76. There is still the legendary item system as well. They also added levels of legendaries. Some items can have multiple legendary effects.

It's fair to argue over whether there should be more uniques, but they do exist. I'm at level 15 and I have two unique named weapons and I've found several legendaries.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So I was near Clarksburg when I got jumped by about a dozen anglers...despite them being only level 18 I could barely do a lick of damage no matter what I did (shotguns, sniper rifle, grenades, landmines)

Can somebody explain to Bethesda why it's utter horseshit to get ganked like that by a bunch of dumb looking fish and not be able to fight back...

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues with server disconnects? It happened to me twice in the last 30 minutes while trying to do an interesting quest and explore a really interesting location. The second time it reset my quest progress and put me outside of a different location. :/

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
So my list of complaints with this game is huge lol. Bethesda has hella work to do.

- Stash box size is way too low! Being overloaded with junk means you can no longer loot and the fun takes a huge nosedive.
- Bugged missions. In groups especially. Having to repeat quest objectives is NOT fun.
- Group EXP should be universal. You should not lose out on xp when your teammates land kills before you can do damage.
- No option to show armor over most clothing options and it sucks. Should be able to toggle on/off.
- Numerous issues with basebuilding. There is hardly ever flat ground for fences/gardens. Just let it all clip like hell bethesda. Please.

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Just so people know, most of the Cranberry Bog is flat, but it's higher level. It's easy to find a good secluded plot of land there. There are also numerous flat mountainous crags in the Savage Divide where it is easy to build a C.A.M.P. over the lookout to The Forest.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else not able to play audio logs when you pick them up with the "play" option?

It worked for the first few, now it just plays static when I select play when picking them up. I need to go into my holos and find the log to play it and hear it now.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Yep, on a launch-day PS4, and I've put a pretty good amount of time into 76 so far. It has better/more consistent FPS than any other Bethesda game I've played on a console.

On ps4 pro that isn't the case. FO4 runs much better than 76. Friends in my party on base ps4 have said it runs horribly too so I don't know. It's still fun despite that but I hope patches clean it up.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally dug into this tonight and I'm not sure if I hate it. I've been a huge Fallout fan since the first one, I don't mind the changes as the series has gone on....

But this feels hollow so far. None of my friends are playing it and I've met some others but they're just there. Tried doing some events but hauling food canisters around (15 of them) solo while tiny robots auto-spawn and snipe me through ledges just isn't fun. Then I die, then I have to get my stuff, my Stimpaks are running out, oops I got a parasite and didn't eat for 3 minutes, etc.

FO4 I loved despite its quirks but from an immersion standpoint this feels like the mutant brother that the other Fallouts keep in the basement. Most of the time I'm just tracking down recordings to track down another recording.

Going to give it more time tomorrow... I bought the Power Armor edition so I'm all in but the comedown after playing RDR2 and Hitman 2 in sequence before this is pretty harsh.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Man there are a lot of enemies in this game lol.

Had a silent partnership with a player and we finished an event together, pretty cool. Waves of scorchers everywhere.

Finally grasping all the systems, I think. People keep trying to kill me and they don't realize I have Action Boy 3 and a sniper rifle tho. Haha.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
this game is outwardly bad but I still love it

I've made so many cool stories with other players in the last few days. When I feel like it, I've got pics and stories to share. On Day One I set up a CAMP just outside the vault, made a little community workshop, set up a sign that made my intention to share loot clear, and met a dozen or so new players over the course of the next hour, giving them the headstart they'd need to keep up with us BETA kids. It was fun as hell, best mp experience I've had this year

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
shoutout to the level 37 in power armor who appeared out of nowhere and killed the high level assaultron that had just killed me, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to complete the (really cool) quest I was doing

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I didn't notice but I just spent two hours on the DMV building at Charleston reading all the terminals and figuring out the servers. I think it's part of the Capitol Building? It made me a little nostalgic of Fallout 3, fighting super mutants packed inside a government building.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Made it all the way to the end of a Nuke silo but I simply ran out of supplies. Not any one thing that was too hard, just a lot of steps, lots of enemies, lots of ammo needed, one melee weapon doesn't last the whole time, etc. lol

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Tip to manage your weight
Only carry 1-2 guns

Dump all chems other then rad away and stim packs and healing salves

Dump all missles and explosives if you arn't using them.

Only loot stuff you need. I'm only looting things that give me aluminum, lead, plastic and adhesive. For repairs and ammo.

Doing this I have everything I need and I stay under 80 weight.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely horrific. The performance is consistently abysmal on my X. I emptied out Grafton earlier and it still ran like shit, completely devoid of NPC's.
The worst part for me is when any explosions go off, I triggered a mine the other day and the game froze for a few seconds before it went off and it's happened with grenades and other traps too. Then every time you interact with anything like a work bench the frame rate stutters before it opens a menu. I just don't get how it released in this state even by their previous releases this is just a mess. The visuals don't even justify the poor performance either it doesn't even look that good most of the time.

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm actually enjoying this a lot on PC with a few friends.

I like that there are no NPCs

Honestly me too. It makes the game feel less clunky to me. The NPCs haven't been great in 3 or 4 anyway, it was always more interesting to piece stories together for me and that's almost entirely what this is.

Looks like PC was the way to go as well lol. Smooth 60+fps and no bugs so far, knock on wood.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly me too. It makes the game feel less clunky to me. The NPCs haven't been great in 3 or 4 anyway, it was always more interesting to piece stories together for me and that's almost entirely what this is.

Looks like PC was the way to go as well lol. Smooth 60+fps and no bugs so far, knock on wood.

I actually do feel in a wasteland with no npcs, to be honest. But I can understand the lack of npcs can be jarring for most. I just don't care about them.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Tip to manage your weight
Only carry 1-2 guns

Dump all chems other then rad away and stim packs and healing salves

Dump all missles and explosives if you arn't using them.

Only loot stuff you need. I'm only looting things that give me aluminum, lead, plastic and adhesive. For repairs and ammo.

Doing this I have everything I need and I stay under 80 weight.
This.

Additionally:
- Get enough power armor chassis for your power armor parts. You can put the parts onto the chassis, collect the whole thing and voilà everything weighs 10 instead of the combined weight of all individual armor parts (except when those parts have a higher level than you, then storing them individually is necessary). Correct me if I'm wrong.
- Rockets and Mini-Nukes take loads of space. Only keep what you really need.
- Make use of the strength skill and perks (carry +40 weight perk, junk is 75% lighter etc.). Each point into strength raises your max carry limit. Ballistic ammo isn't that heavy but if you're carrying 2k of 0.308 rounds then it's better to drop most of it.
There are also perks for making all types of weapons lighter. Same for Stimpacks, chems and food since that can also become very heavy quickly. I easily carry 30-40 kg of chems and food with me, so perks can help you to reduce its weight dramatically. These items should be carried on you since some perks only affect those items when they're actually in your inventory. So you're better off not overloading your stash with 1kg stimpacks when they weigh 0.5 in your inventory. You can then store other stuff in your stash instead.
Same with junk, though you can lose that when you die so be mindful about that.

Obviously the closer you get to lvl 50, the easier it becomes to carry 3-4 weapons with plenty of space still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.