• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
That time could be spend doing something more valuable. Like watching paint dry or napping.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Yea they have done lot of improvements to the game. If the core issue you have with the game is that it doesn't have tons of npcs and dialogue, that has not changed, but the rest of the game has gotten continual QOL improvements, bug fixes, etc, along with some new content and quests

Deleted member 8005

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not really. Still very buggy, loads of microtransactions put in and a lack of content for the main game mode.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I always believe it's better but then Bethesda comes out with some shitty news to remind me to wait more

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
They keep adding more bugs with each patch, and a lot of the community has packed up and left over Bethesda breaking their "no pay to win" promise.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Better? Yes, undeniably. The game runs a lot better now, is stable, a lot of bugs were squashed, and a lot of content has been added.

Is it good though? Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. I still think it's hard to describe the game as anything better than the definition of mediocrity. If you loved Fallout 4's shoot/loot/craft play style though I'm sure you'd get some enjoyment from it while it's free, and that could help you make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase once the big NPC update hits early next year.

Deleted member 4579

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Nuclear Winter mode is a lot of fun, 2 maps now and not much down-time between games. Never have problem finding a game (europe) but games can have anywhere between 25-50 players.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't care enough to just dip your toe in on a free weekend, I don't see why you'd want to dedicate any real time to it when there are so many other games to play. Even if it has improved, it's a time sink of a game, so you kinda need to want to play it.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
It's....okay. But only if you like just exploring and finding cool areas. They really did a great job on the world design. Other than that, i'd say steer clear.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not a bad game if you're into the usual loop of exploration and hoovering up everything you can in a location. I think the bugs get in the way of taking it seriously as a minmax RPG) and things like long term character stat build focus.The actual world itself is filled with cool locations and backstory. Plus, the Order of Mystery (Mistress of Mystery) questline is flat out awesome.

The experience is buggy but I had a lot of fun with it at launch for roughly 40h. It was a really meditative experience solo. Most players I met out in the wilds were super kind and chatty too!

If you don't have an internet data cap, I'd say go for it. All you really have to lose is your time, right?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Free trial it seem (nothing was in the OP and I did a quick google search, the trial end today), not worth it I bet. Spend your tome elsewhere, with something that's not a trial.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the good things about Fallout are absent.

All the bad things about Fallout are increased.

It's not worth it.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Slightly off topic, but I've been following the continual progress of F76 and I can't help but grow increasingly worried about Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI. When Fallout 76 launched to disastrous results that was bad enough, but I figured the backlash would force Bethesda to turn the game around in an attempt to save their damaged reputation. Unfortunately, from what I've read about Fallout 76 since then is mirrored in this thread: the updates have helped, but they've only polished a turd. I don't know why, but I really thought Bethesda was going to be able to right the ship eventually and tweak the game until it was very good. But it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. Seems like the game is fundamentally mediocre at its core and was launched in a broken state- so that even when it was fixed it only revealed a game that was "ok" to begin with.

Feb 4, 2018
Slightly off topic, but I've been following the continual progress of F76 and I can't help but grow increasingly worried about Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI. When Fallout 76 launched to disastrous results that was bad enough, but I figured the backlash would force Bethesda to turn the game around in an attempt to save their damaged reputation. Unfortunately, from what I've read about Fallout 76 since then is mirrored in this thread: the updates have helped, but they've only polished a turd. I don't know why, but I really thought Bethesda was going to be able to right the ship eventually and tweak the game until it was very good. But it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. Seems like the game is fundamentally mediocre at its core and was launched in a broken state- so that even when it was fixed it only revealed a game that was "ok" to begin with.

Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI are going to do gangbusters. Fallout 76 was made by a different, less-experienced team than the teams working on the heavy hitters.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
As per the FAQ, low-effort threads are discouraged.

Being the Original Poster (OP) of a thread means that it's up to you to provide the foundation for good discussion. When you create a thread, you should include more than just one or two short sentences; make sure that there is enough substance to sustain an interesting conversation. Write as clearly and articulately as possible. Consider whether you're presenting the subject in a way that will generate good discussion. Make sure you are posting the thread in the correct section of the forum, and use the preview feature to double check your work before posting. After creating your thread, consider adding a Cover Image to spruce up its presentation. Do not make provocative threads only to bail on them after the first post. All of the rules outlined in other parts of this document also apply to thread creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.