• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible. But don't make bad games like falliut 4. Lets have lots of great 3D platformers.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I remember that some time ago Media Molecule were talking about the potential of importing and exporting assets, is that still planned?

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Are there plans for a PC conversion?
The Garry's Mod people would go insane with this game.

They talked about bringing it to platforms in the future but it's not their priority.
They already stated that we won't see it happening before PS5.
I think we ll see it happening sometime down the line next gen.

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
Pls.put this on ps5 and pc. Game like this should have long life as possible. And better hardware. Im getting it just to try people creations.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
They talked about bringing it to platforms in the future but it's not their priority.

Several aspects like creating with another person and online multiplayer are still heavily under construction. I feel when online mp and VR are in they'll start pushing to get it onto other platforms.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Insane. The limitations are clear as you have to create many small hubs, instead of a proper open world but the assets used in here - absolute brain damage. The animations? Insanely accurate to how F4 plays like. Honestly, how did they do the animations so well?! How?

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Several aspects like creating with another person and online multiplayer are still heavily under construction. I feel when online mp and VR are in they'll start pushing to get it onto other platforms.

Yep.
We just had an interview saying VR is nearly done and they said they already have it running on PS5 whatever this means.
They will probably finish all PS roadmap before thinking about bringing it to PC.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure I could convince someone this was a Panic Button switch port of Fallout 4.

whoever made this is talented beyond belief, call me crazy but I think Dreams may lead to a couple of job opportunities when all is said and done.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Cool by me - I can wait. All about this game looks awesome as is though, if I had a PS4 I would be in!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit! How long have they been making that? Can't believe there's already content of that detail.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe, hopefully it'll go viral enough that main IGN YouTube channel would also play it.

That Kaiju simulator Ruckus even got a video attention from IGN.

Oct 27, 2017
Fascinating! I'm hugely intrigued as to how you go about making this work. Might have to pick it up just to have a play with what's possible.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
This is a serious amount of work by the creators, although I did hear the tools are relatively intuitive when you get used to them.

I'm also in the separate thread camp - Dreams needs more exposure and that's not going to happen hidden in the OT.

If people don't like it they don't need to click on the thread, there are plenty of others :)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Really excited to see where Dreams is 6+ months from now, especially when we start getting more original stuff, instead of remakes. Incredibly good job here though.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Really excited to see where Dreams is 6+ months from now, especially when we start getting more original stuff, instead of remakes. Incredibly good job here though.

The jump in quality/scope from EA to 1.0 is already insane.
Next year with PS5 power and a bigger thermo things will be wild !

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
This user (Robo_Killer_v2) already did things like this Pacific Rim collection on LBP. I mean, it's really good!

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I don't... understand Dreams. How is this thing supposed to work? How does the AI work for example? Or external voice overs? Do you need to code things?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I don't... understand Dreams. How is this thing supposed to work? How does the AI work for example? Or external voice overs? Do you need to code things?

No they've went out of their way to avoid hard coding though knowing how to program does help with certain aspects. Imagine incredibly stream lined and gamified tools for making assets, music, animation and so on. Its all very clever and intuitive and there are tons of videos showing you in detail how all this works from Media Molecule themselves or the creators who've been working Dreams through out EA.

For things like voice overs you can use just the mic on your PS4 camera to record your own lines.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This user (Robo_Killer_v2) already did things like this Pacific Rim collection on LBP. I mean, it's really good!

This new Fallout 4 game is a huge step up from this, you can really see how they've improved at their craft and skill with the engine/game.

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
Very impressive! I don't think I'll get it right now, but hopefully everything has matured by the time PS5 comes. Might even pick up next revision of PS VR.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
please put this game on PC as soon as possible

the stuff people are making on console is unbelievable, but i think with additional tools on PC it will just be something else entirely

That's what I was thinking. I dunno what the controls are like on console, but I feel like you could work more quickly with a m+kb.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
No they've went out of their way to avoid hard coding though knowing how to program does help with certain aspects. Imagine incredibly stream lined and gamified tools for making assets, music, animation and so on. Its all very clever and intuitive and there are tons of videos showing you in detail how all this works from Media Molecule themselves or the creators who've been working Dreams through out EA.

For things like voice overs you can use just the mic on your PS4 camera to record your own lines.

It is fascinating.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love dreams. Even though I'm not a creator right now, it's the perfect Saturday morning game to play to see all the new crazy shit people have created

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
I don't wanna be the complainer here, but wouldn't it be a cleaner front page if these started getting a thread where dreams levels are shared or something?

Surely projects like this deserve a bit of exposure? If you limit them to single Dreams many people won't even look in there.

Does there need to be a thread for every dream game created. Put it in the OT. Clogging up the main page.

This is pretty damned petty, ignore the threads and they'll 'unclog' your main page, or hide them or whatever.