• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one?

• Fallen Jedi

Votes: 287 25.8%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 823 74.1%

• Total voters

greenhadoken

Oct 28, 2017
As many have said, Sekiro is the better game (it's an all time great) but it is seriously hard. Based on what you said you'll have a better time with Jedi, which is also fun

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
I'll echo what others have said. Sekiro is tough, but if you put the time in its one of the most rewarding games in a while. Combat is great, lore and story are good. Depends if you want a more chill game in Star Wars. Overall though - you wanna play around in the Star Wars universe or play as a Shinobi?

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Man I'm in a similar spot to OP and been debating buying Sekiro for a long time. Only other Souls game I played is Dark Souls which I dropped after Sen's Fortress. I didn't think it was too hard, just tedious/frustrating and not fun. It felt rewarding to clear areas but I'd have to amp myself up to start the game up every time.

Seems like Sekiro has a much more aggressive and mobile play style so I think I'd enjoy that a lot more than what I played in Dark Souls. I wanna feel like a cool ninja man, but I worry I would bounce off for the same reasons I did Dark Souls.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro absolutely.Its difficulty is different from Souls games and if you are patient and get the block timing down then you should be fine.

Trust me i played Jedi Fallen Orded twice and while it's also a great game I could never recommend it over Sekiro.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Why would anyone recommend Sekiro to someone that does not like Souls games because of the difficulty? The poll is not vote for your favorite game...

Sekiro is one gigantic skill check. It is great provided you can handle the frustration or are really good at those type of games. Personally, I finished it, but certain points of it really soured my experience overall because of the difficulty. It does not sound like the game for OP at all. Fallen Order was a lot easier and I had a good time with it.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro is the better game but Fallen Order is more apporachable if difficulty is an issue.

So I'd suggest going with SW:FO first and if you smash through it, go for Sekiro.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Why would anyone recommend Sekiro to someone that does not like Souls games because of the difficulty? The poll is not vote for your favorite game...
Exactly, OP specifically mentions "I can't git gud" which is the entire point of Sekiro. There is no way to bypass these systems such as grinding or summoning online help, you have to "git gud" by learning enemy patterns and dying hundreds of times.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to try Sekiro, not scared of hard games, nor do I dislike them so I'm willing to give it a shot.

The fact that Fallen Order doesn't run super well on consoles makes me not want to get it.

Time for me to learn to git gud

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
Sekiro is the better game, but it's balls hard. You will likely have more fun with Jedi. There is very little that is "fun" about Sekiro.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
All the way through Fallen Order I was thinking how I'd rather be playing Sekiro again.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
All the way through Fallen Order I was thinking how I'd rather be playing Sekiro again.
And I even took the time to 100% FO. Then went back to Sekiro after a few month hiatus to finish that off and have kept playing on and off since. Sekiro is just a much more polished product, albeit harder.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of souls games (because I can't git gud) but I loved Remnant."

Definitely skip Sekiro then .

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I think I'm going to try Sekiro, not scared of hard games, nor do I dislike them so I'm willing to give it a shot.

The fact that Fallen Order doesn't run super well on consoles makes me not want to get it.

Not to discourage you at all, but I found Sekiro to be harder than all the Soulsbourne series before it. Not everyone feels that way but I would at the very least encourage you to watch some videos before 100% deciding. If you bounced off Dark Souls because it was tough, you very likely will not finish this. I found Dark Souls to be much easier in comparison. Either way, good luck and let us know how it goes!

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro is a really polished product with awesome combat. Fallen order is still an unfinished mess and console performance is bad, and the combat is clunky. Fallen order is way easier tho

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Make sure to stop by the OT for questions. For a lot of people it takes a while until the combat klicks and you take everything into consideration. Took me, too.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro. While I wasn't the biggest fan(mainly because I wanted a new Tenchu instead, I think) it was the better game. Star was was solid just not as good.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Sekiro is a great game, but if you're having trouble with Souls because you can't "git gud", that problem will be exponentially greater in it

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is kind of surprising for me... If you read my Ultimate Soulsborne thread, you know I am a huge Souls fan and easily consider it my favorite series of all time and yes I am a From fanboy. However, I'll be honest, I'm a few hours into Jedi Fallen Order and I am enjoying myself more than I did with Sekiro, which I only beat once fully so far, but put many many hours into it. While Sekiro is way ahead in combat, its world, story and the like did not grab me like previous From games have... I think Jedi does almost everything besides combat and level design better than Sekiro and I'm not too far in, but I am invested in the world, story, and characters in Jedi and I can't wait to see what happens next. So far its like a wonderful mix of Souls, Uncharted and Tomb Raider, and is really hitting the spot for me. Maybe it will go way downhill I don't know, but I'm surprised people dismiss it so easily as a carbon clone of Sekiro or Souls. Yes, it does take elements of that but its going for a blockbuster feel which is totally different than a Souls game...

Anywho, my 2 cents. Maybe I'll change my mind with more playtime :)

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro's incredible, but it's also pretty damn challenging. I think it's a matter of whether you feel like dealing with a difficult game, or kicking back and just enjoying yourself?

If you want challenge then Sekiro. If you just want to kick back and play, then Star Wars.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People yammering on about others not reading the OP need to also take note of the name of this thread. I mean... come on. I don't blame people for going straight for Sekiro.

On topic. Since you're playing on console I'd go with Fallen Order. If you played on PC I'd say go with Sekiro since you can do things to mod the difficulty to make it more accessible. For some people unlocking the game's framerate to 90 or 120fps was enough to make the game more responsive and easier to play. So you probably wouldn't even need to change the core of the game.

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
While I personally think that Sekiro is the better game, you really won't go wrong with getting either game first. They are both very fun, although I would say Sekiro.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I really think it's not asking a lot to have people read the OP before voting but at the same time, I know you are right.
So you're saying there can only be one choice because the OP mentioned they "can't git gud"? I mean, considering they have experience with Souls, Bloodborne and Nioh, why would they even ask the question in the first place?

Reading the OP's posts in this very thread also suggests the difficulty isn't a big deal as they originally stated. It's hardly surprising the higher regarded game is being recommended here.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I beat FO and can't even reach the first boss in Sekiro. I still picked that because FO is garbo and Sekiro is at least well made with great controls.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of souls games (because I can't git gud) but I loved Remnant

This makes me say Jedi Fallen Order

I tried to play Sekiro and just couldn't deal with the precision and patience it requires. Going from point A-to-B is easier than Souls, but the boss fights are no joke.

Fallen Order in general is a lot smoother sailing and I had a blast with it while it still put up a good challenge.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most obvious polls I've seen in a while, Sekiro all the way

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Sekiro is the superior game but it is also a very difficult game until you figure out the core mechanics. After you learn the combat mechanics and beats the game becomes significantly easier albeit still tough as souls games tend to be. Jedi Fallen Order has difficulty scaling but even at the hardest difficulty it was significantly easier than Sekiro.

I personally enjoyed Sekiro more but I tend to enjoy Fromsoft games in general.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Bounced off every Souls game but Sekiro was my GOTY. Something about it just really grabbed me and the combat is another level compared to Jedi.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
I know that I'll get flak for this but (in my opinion) Jedi Fallen Order is a bad game. It's buggy, the graphics are not that great, the combat is a bad copy of a system that has been done masterfully on other games (From Soft Games, NiOh), the exploration is alright but the scenarios are bland, the enemy design is weak as well (apart from the Second Sister), the collectibles are just trash and the story is nothing to write home about, it was done in a time where anything a jedi does was of no consequence, you already knows what happens in the future. Still, people give it praise cause it's Star Wars (think of it as the Nintendo bias). The only thing I can tip my hat to is the acting, I really liked Cal and the whatever bug-eyes chick played by Debra Wilson.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro, but taking the OP into account I might have to say Fallen Order. I didn't like it very much though personally.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So you're saying there can only be one choice because the OP mentioned they "can't git gud"? I mean, considering they have experience with Souls, Bloodborne and Nioh, why would they even ask the question in the first place?

Reading the OP's posts in this very thread also suggests the difficulty isn't a big deal as they originally stated. It's hardly surprising the higher regarded game is being recommended here.

If he quit Dark Souls because of difficulty? Then, yes I would say the choice is pretty clear...I mean he might pick up Sekiro and platinum it for all I know, but Sekiro doesn't have overleveling or summoning/co op. Man, I'm all for people trying games and Sekiro is quality, but it's not really a game I would recommend to anyone that thinks difficult games aren't their cup of tea.

Fallen Order has some cool moments but more importantly it's both a good game and significantly more accessible. If difficulty is a concern at all, I have no idea why Sekiro would even be discussed as an option. Again, my opinion, plenty of posts will rebut this I'm sure. It is certainly one of the most difficult games From Soft has made. I think Sekiro is a better game but it is really better for someone if they are going to bounce before they finish it?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I have no idea why Sekiro would even be discussed as an option.
Because it was an option for the OP from the get-go. They asked which game they should get first. It's not like the OP asked for general game suggestions with the prerequisite that they can't be difficult.

I think Sekiro is a better game but it is really better for someone if they are going to bounce before they finish it?
Well, now you're just guessing. :)

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Man I'm in a similar spot to OP and been debating buying Sekiro for a long time. Only other Souls game I played is Dark Souls which I dropped after Sen's Fortress. I didn't think it was too hard, just tedious/frustrating and not fun. It felt rewarding to clear areas but I'd have to amp myself up to start the game up every time.

Seems like Sekiro has a much more aggressive and mobile play style so I think I'd enjoy that a lot more than what I played in Dark Souls. I wanna feel like a cool ninja man, but I worry I would bounce off for the same reasons I did Dark Souls.

I think Sekiro might work better for you then. Unlike Dark Souls, where the level tries its best to murder you too, most of Sekiro's difficulty is in its mini-bosses and bosses. The added mobility and stealth mechanics make level traversal a lot smoother and more satisfying.

It's probably part of why I'm liking Sekiro more than Souls right now too. I love Dark Souls (I've played 1 and 3) but some of those levels are painful to get around. Sekiro doesn't have that problem. Plus the combat is really satisfying once you get it down.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Because it was an option for the OP from the get-go. They asked which game they should get first. It's not like the OP asked for general game suggestions with the prerequisite that they can't be difficult.

I wasn't really trying to be literal there haha, but I guess fair point because I phrased it that way. I do think Sekiro is awesome, it's just hard as hell. Like I said earlier, maybe OP will platinum the game and love it, I just think it's not where I would spend my money if I wanted something not too challenging.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if Fallen order did not have the star wars license the answer to this thread would be obvious.

Jedi is very unpolished

MovieFlask

Nov 1, 2019
Maryland
I'm not a huge fan of souls games (because I can't git gud) but I loved Remnant.

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but I still enjoy the series

Judging by this criteria, I would say Jedi. Story and characters are likable and unlike Sekiro, I don't think you'll get to any parts you're just banging your head against. Sekiro is s great game that IMO is frustratingly difficult at times. This is coming from someone who completed DS1 and 2 and all DLC.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Not remotely comparable. Completely different experiences. That said, if you want to play a SW game then FO is your best bet. If you want to be a shinobi or a more fluid action FROM game then Sekiro is it.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order is a much more accessible choice and I really enjoyed the story. I think it'd be the right choice based on your criteria.

If you're after something more challenging that you have to spend time to master (but is really satisfying when you do) then go Sekiro.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Fallen Order is okay but Sekiro is in another league. Sekiro is very challenging but most of that difficulty is in the bosses, and they made sure to have a save point close to most of them.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Fallen Order is less Soulsborney so is better by default regardless of anything else.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
If you can get through 10% of Sekiro, you'll have played a better game than Jedi. That game really just didn't need to exist.