• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I believe Red and Blue normally get partys and yellow gets solos.

That's why yellow loses often. The parties can do better in team games.

Sometimes the solos are all skilled players and can hold their own. Other times they suck.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This game was the perfect storm.
Good game with a really smart choice in community management that has managed the hype incredibly well.
Mediatonic deserves all they get for this.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
All this hate towards Yellow team meanwhile I won a game being on Yellow.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
That's how we'll delete team games, first we start by saying a team of x color sucks to the point where a tweet like the one in the OP is made...once that team is deleted, we move on to call another team terrible until they do this again. Eventually there will be no more team, so no team games!

It's totally the best plan!

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
They'll remove yellow team and then introduce the completely new, totally unique... Mustard Team.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
It's so funny and mind-blowing to me that yellow team became a thing, because I was already complaining about them on day 3 and had never heard anyone memeing about it. My issue with yellow is that they're dirty cheats and saboteurs, always going for the eggs/balls in your nest or diverting your ball in Rock n Roll.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
9a51a5b01c12ad8e982cc870130b9f9b.gif

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
I've had two Rock n Roll matches where yellow has abandoned their ball prematurely and jumped down to harass the other two teams. There must be something to yellow team being the soloist pool (though I do get queued into it with friends occasionally).

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I've never played the game. Anyone want to take the time to explain what the problem is with Yellow Team? Just curious.
Some bad players do not understand that they sucks and blamed the yellow team as a the problem now is spreaded and everytime a people lose and it is in the yellow team it blame the color but do not realize you lose with every team.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always yellow. For the longest time, I though yellow was supposed to be "your" team, you know, colors changing depending on the point of view or something because I was never anything else. I still win a decent amount of time.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
It's just become a meme that Yellow always gets the worst players, lol.
Some bad players do not understand that they sucks and blamed the yellow team as a the problem now is spreaded and everytime a people lose and it is in the yellow team it blame the color but do not realize you lose with every team.

Wait, so is this a real thing or not? Other posts suggest that new players or solo players get put on Yellow more often. Is that baseless?

...I may have to buy this game now to satisfy my curiosity.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
That much i understood. But why lol?
The internet was made for drawing lines in the sand for very stupid and meaningless things. I'd argue it's this tradition that's been corrupted into making the internet into the joyless painful nightmare it currently is.

See also:
Pirates Vs Ninjas Vs Banditos
Balrog have wings?
Mike Vs Joel
Lime Green Skittles or Green Apple Skittles

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
What they *should* do is simply make it so that everyone sees themselves as Yellow Team, with appropriate texture and colour swaps across the board.

Edit: Actually, that'd be a fun April 1st thing.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I'm like 85% always on yellow team and I hate it. I don't think I've ever been on the red team.

To be fair, I feel most of the time I don't lose while on yellow, but it definitely feels like it gets targeted a lot. Though I basically never win on the ball rolling game if I'm on yellow. Blue and red immediately fuck us up on that one...

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Wait, so is this a real thing or not? Other posts suggest that new players or solo players get put on Yellow more often. Is that baseless?

...I may have to buy this game now to satisfy my curiosity.

It's 100% not a real thing, lol. I've won just as much on Yellow as I have lost on Red or Blue. It's just the luck of the draw with team mates.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only team game I've had consistent success in is hex/tail tag. Egg scramble is awful but at least I can cheese the hitbox by keeping people in the pit.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
It's definitely not equal odds to land on a team. I play solo and I'm yellow 95%, blue 5%, and never been green or red.