• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
First win on Steam! Then got third and second :(

All of them on the hexagon one (Is it hexagony in english?)

suffah

Oct 29, 2017
Was so close to first win. Winning the Fall Mountain race and last second the person behind me grabs me so we both lose. First time I jumped and saw the crown up close though.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
So tired tonight I didn't want to deal with Hex-a-gone, so I just tried the strat where you fall all the way to the bottom and clear it out. Thought it was dumb and I'd lose but I won.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I have finished second on Jump Showdown at least ten times and it's driving me crazy lol. We wind up in an endless final two until I choke after a minute. Practically every time it's because I decide to hang back and wait for the small hand to pass instead of pushing it and making a blind jump.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Hex-a-gone with 15+ people is just a clusterfuck and game of chance. Can't really use any proper strategy as people are just dropping all over the place.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
It took me all the way to level 27 but I got not one, but two wins today finally on PC! Yay, now I don't feel so awful anymore.

The addicting easy pick up and play nature of this game is what's saving it hard, because it has so many glaring problems it's kinda funny it's being so heralded. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a blast, but it would be sooooo much better without Fruit Mix Up, Royal Fumble, uneven team games (seriously...why...), Jinxed, meh level design, and the #1: fixing the aaaawful lag or at least representing it better/giving better compensation for client side (you should never, ever see yourself win a game such as grabbing the crown by a decent margin, then being told you lose, that's just awful for a competitive game).

If they can tighten this up better soon and keep offering cosmetics to buy this game can stick around a long time. It's a perfect, play for an hour a night and check the shops per day, game.

Edit: Oh yeah, they shouldn't delete a player from the end screen when they quit either, I don't see the point. Just keep their avatar there locally so we get the satisfaction of seeing all the people disqualified.

Last edited:

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Slime Climb is a murderer.

P.S. Pineapple is the worst costume because I can't tell what team I'm on and no one else can either.

Last edited:

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Was talking to my brother on the phone. Heard my fiance downstairs yell "eat shit and die". 36 had qualified and someone grabbed hear near the end. She almost didn't make it. I'm happy with how much she is taking to the game :)

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Was talking to my brother on the phone. Heard my fiance downstairs yell "eat shit and die". 36 had qualified and someone grabbed hear near the end. She almost didn't make it. I'm happy with how much she is taking to the game :)

Yep plenty of expletives have been uttered. 😂 My wife isn't a gamer, but its hilarious to picture her reacting similarly to some of the shit this game throws at you.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I wish I had bought this game earlier - it's the perfect battle royale game for people who can't stand battle royale games (for reference, I played a couple matches of Fortnite and couldn't understand what the big deal was). I don't even care if I suck (and nobody else can tell me how much I suck either - a huge bonus)! No wins yet, but I ended up the last person eliminated once and have made it to the final round a handful of times.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I think Perfect Match needs a big rework or needs to go. I know it fits the game show theme but its just way to simple. Also Jynxed needs to be removed entirely. Literally just a coin flip. The mechanics just suck. If you tag a bunch of the other team that just means its easier for them to catch your team. Just a balance game with no winnable solution for either team.
Haven't played Jinxed since like day 2 lol.

But yes match game needs a rework. Like obstacles or something. At the very least make people JUMP between the things.

I also don't like Rollout. It's just boring. That and the one where its "hole in the wall?" needs to be more people eliminated.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
That matching tiles game can go. Really dull, everyone stands around and then goes to whichever square has the most people on. Only eliminates 2-3 people. Waste of time.

Explain this then:

Fall ball was ok but now everyone has figured out of you stand in the centre circle and jump when the ball drops in its basically an instant goal. Takes the fun out if it.

It's fun when you can do it:

It's not easy either. Especially when the other team is trying to do the same thing and grab you.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
9 W's so far! Today alone I got four. Three of them back to back, Hex-A-Gone is my shit <3

I was hoping to win 5 in a row for the trophy, but I got murdered on round 4 playing Hoarders.

Absolutely love this game

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
0ToRufs.png

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Second win, almost lost it cause a guy grabbed me right as I went to jump for the crown. I somehow recovered.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm about ready to just be done with Fall Guys. The latency issues, the number of times I've been in uneven team-based matches, the number of times I've been in fucking Tail Tag over other games I only ever see once in a blue moon, all of this is just adding up. Something I've also noticed is a remarkable increase in the number of players exploiting speed runner strats. Which is cool and all, but eh.

It's just lost its shine to me and I'd rather spend my time playing something else.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That matching tiles game can go. Really dull, everyone stands around and then goes to whichever square has the most people on. Only eliminates 2-3 people. Waste of time.

Fall ball was ok but now everyone has figured out of you stand in the centre circle and jump when the ball drops in its basically an instant goal. Takes the fun out if it.
someone needs to score first lol

the games of fall ball i have played usually end 0-0 going to sudden death 1-0 lol

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
First time seeing a Legendary color, only problem is I don't have any crowns. It's late and it will be gone in a few hours. It's do or die for the next hour or so. Come on Jump Showdown show up.

Last edited:

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I don't do too bad in Fall Ball when on the team with one fewer player. Skill can overcome it. Even individual skill.

Rock and Roll on the other hand. If your team sucks, you're screwed.

Last edited:

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this yesterday and have really been enjoying it. I'm visually impaired and unable to play most competitive games online but this one is so vibrant and non-twitchy I've been able to actually progress. Won my first match via hex a gone tonight.

That match the fruit level sucks, btw.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Another 4 win streak ruined by an uneven team game last night :____(

At least I'm not Tim.

I don't know if you know about it or care for it, but if you can leave a round before it ends and it won't count as a loss. People will have differing views on the ethics of it, but I personally think it's a reasonable counter to being placed on imbalanced team games.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
When you're the sole reason your team qualified from Jinx (a.k.a the only one who didn't get jinxed at all)

LhfMCN_eT9B01dIGnZF-DHNTfeLsyrR3195R-_-n2E52pC1H9IzHdUQ-u0Ll3IsUzH01WPMjo13bW819QS087ZrL7bq1ZcrCY6aZlmsEMhSO6hmPoyfKcuD-Ua_ICIpFiIZ9eOd7r_gJ55Q-plnnnpsoHomW4VXnbavcHA

I just feel really proud of that, plus I got a trophy

Edit: and knocked a football into the opposite goal, I'm on fire.

Edit 2: FUCK YEAH I WON THE EPISODE, MY THIRD WIN :D

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
I did not know that and I have no morals.

A kindred spirit! You just need to make sure you leave a match via the Options menu before the word eliminated appears. If it's a timed game and your team is losing, best to call it quits with around 10 seconds to spare. If you leave a match and your kudos doesn't go up, your streak is still in tact.

Anyone fancy doing a bit of squad play now?