• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Got 4 wins so far this morning (not in a row, I'm not too fussed about that one), and I'm real excited for that new finisher from the beta to come in. Getting real tired of Royal Fumble.

cyport

Nov 8, 2017
I just won my first game! Then it ended with an error saying I should get my rewards at the next login? Anyone else have this problem. I'll be gutted if I don't get my crown. What a anticlimatic experience.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I win like 3 out 5 on Fall Mountain, maybe even more than that and I always do exactly the same (it's kinda boring actually lol):

Wherever you start just move over to the middle leaning towards the right, avoid the balls and if possible get propelled by the spinning planks. Once you move past the planks just glue to the wall on the right and that's basically it, the hammers won't touch most of the time and if they do they'll boost you forward giving you more advantage.

I suck at Fall Mountain, so thanks for the tips.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just won my first game! Then it ended with an error saying I should get my rewards at the next login? Anyone else have this problem. I'll be gutted if I don't get my crown. What a anticlimatic experience.
Sorry, there's a good chance that you're fucked out of your rewards. Has happened to me about six times now (for Crowns, even more for failing the Finals).

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I win like 3 out 5 on Fall Mountain, maybe even more than that and I always do exactly the same (it's kinda boring actually lol):

Wherever you start just move over to the middle leaning towards the right, avoid the balls and if possible get propelled by the spinning planks. Once you move past the planks just glue to the wall on the right and that's basically it, the hammers won't touch most of the time and if they do they'll boost you forward giving you more advantage.

Yup. That's the same route I do everytime.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
From a Reddit AMA with the Devs "We have trophies and one of them is so insanely hard I don't think anyone will ever unlock it." Congrats once again for those in this very thread who have done the near impossible!

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
From a Reddit AMA with the Devs "We have trophies and one of them is so insanely hard I don't think anyone will ever unlock it." Congrats once again for those in this very thread who have done the near impossible!
Well it's easier now since a lot of dumb people are playing. They're not as good or used to the platforming, don't know the best route for the crown race, not good at keeping the tale in royal fumble, or don't know how to slow down on Hexagone.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
One person can make a difference in Rock 'n' Roll, Hoopsie Daisy, Fall Ball, and Hoarders (to a smaller degree) but not in Egg Scramble, Team Tail Tag, or Jinxed.

A good defender can make a huge difference in Egg Scramble. I plant myself outside our pit knock any eggs that other teams roll out and grab any players and steal eggs back that they happen to get out with.

In Team Tail Tag and Jinxed you can help your teammates a ton by holding other players so they can grab a tail or jinx them. It doesnt feel like a huge difference but in Tail Tag if you help your team get 1 extra tail that is usually going to get you out of the loser column.

Jinxed is probably the biggest crapshoot but holding players helps a ton.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
was down to the last two of us in a game of hexagone - i had a hearty chunk of hexagons to myself and was methodically jumping across them one by one, a possible win clearly in sight... only for the game to just not read my jump input and for me to fall to my death. shit's so disheartening. the input lag/inconsistency can be so annoying at times.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just did the best I've ever done in Royal Fumble. Got that tail and held it for a solid 45 seconds until the end...

...only to get an error afterwards.

FIX THIS SHIT

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
God I can't imagine the rage I'd feel being the person who doesn't start with the tail in two player Royal Fumble. I've got lucky twice with that now, feel bad for my opponent - not even a sniff of it throughout either game.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Regarding the Fall Mountain starting position, there is no way that is 100% random. There is definitely a handicap being implemented based on your results for the show, your total wins, your level for the season, or any combination of the above.

I've been in the back row 20 times in a row now. The chances of that happening by just pure RNG is so astronomically low that it's essentially statistically impossible.

Just to show it, let's take the highest possible chance of being put into the back row (which is 1/2, for 10 person games with 5 people in the back row) and then raise that by the power of 20, to represent each of the games I played.

((1/2) ^ 20) x 100% is roughly equal to 0.0001%.

And this is using the best possible chance of being put back there. Instead of 1/2, it could instead be 2/7 or 1/11 for some games. That would make the chances of something like this happening exponentially lower.

Last edited:

MisterZimbu

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized the game needs a version of Slippery Stairs. Something where if you fall you take a bunch of people with you.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm sitting on about 16 crowns right now, I feel like rotation has been taking forever, lol. Wish I had these when the Hot Line Miami skin was available :(

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the Fall Mountain starting position, there is no way that is 100% random. There is definitely a handicap being implemented based on your results for the show, your total wins, your level for the season, or any combination of the above.

I've been in the back row 20 times in a row now. The chances of that happening by just pure RNG is so astronomically low that it's essentially statistically impossible.

Just to show it, let's take the highest possible chance of being put into the back row (which 1/2, for 10 person games with 5 people in the back row) and then raise that by the power of 20, to represent each of the games I played.

And this is using the best possible chance of being put back there. Instead of 1/2, it could instead be 2/7 or 1/11 for some games. That would make the chances of something like that happening exponentially lower.

Or you have incredible bad luck.

Just kidding.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great interview by Ben Hanson with Fall Guys Senior Designer Joe Walsh.

Couple things.

1. Glad they are looking into team playlists. They are looking into how they can do stuff like "team races". But the example they gave is they dont want it decided by who comes in last because everyone has that "rubbish" friend. I call BS on that. Half the time I play these kinda coop games me and my friends are constantly shit talking each other. Imagine a Fall Guys relay race where you spectate the person running or something. HURRY UP YOU IDIOT/WHAT ARE YOU DOING is hilarious to me.

2. Open to looking to other games to steal ideas. Including minecraft custom games. Fuck minecraft. Look to Halo 3/Reach customs. A Fall Guys variant of Jenga sounds incredible.

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Just to show it, let's take the highest possible chance of being put into the back row (which is 1/2, for 10 person games with 5 people in the back row) and then raise that by the power of 20, to represent each of the games I played.

And this is using the best possible chance of being put back there. Instead of 1/2, it could instead be 2/7 or 1/11 for some games. That would make the chances of something like this happening exponentially lower.
hmm i wonder if it's something to do with players who load in or connect first. i'd say i'm decent at the game and i'm almost at level 40. i've been placed in the front row of fall mountain 100% of the time. fwiw my ps4 is connected via ethernet with gigabit speeds.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
hmm i wonder if it's something to do with players who load in or connect first. i'd say i'm decent at the game and i'm almost at level 40. i've been placed in the front row of fall mountain 100% of the time. fwiw my ps4 is connected via ethernet with gigabit speeds.
The thing is, I used to be put in random spots. Sometimes in the front, sometimes in the middle, sometimes in the back.

Now it's just always in the back lol.

I don't think it's a internet speed thing.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I absolutely don't think it's random. I've had one Fall Mountain game where I was the only person in the second row and there was even an empty space in the first row

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Is there a trick to not fall down so much? Because of every 5 jumps I fall flat on my face 3 times. Really annoying because it looks like it's only me. Even worse is when it takes 3+ seconds for the character to get up.

Am I doing something wrong? I always lag behind because of this...

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Does yours have an SSD. I've heard that people with SSDs for some reason are always at the front row and I have always been in the front row. I only have my PS4 connected by shitty wifi.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Is there a trick to not fall down so much? Because of every 5 jumps I fall flat on my face 3 times. Really annoying because it looks like it's only me. Even worse is when it takes 3+ seconds for the character to get up.

Am I doing something wrong? I always lag behind because of this...
Sometimes you hit the ground at odd angles and it causes you to fall over for no reason. There's nothing to be done about that.

If you are jumping from a high place, though, try diving before hitting the ground. You get up much faster that way.

(Don't do this in Hex-a-Gone; your character will never tumble over from a long drop in that game.)

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Made it to final round three times last night, disconnected right at start of final round three times in a row. Turned it off after that. You don't even get XP if you disconnect.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
As of this posting I've been front row of Fall Mountain every time, and I almost always finish top 20% of all races (if not first) and i have a lot of wins under my belt

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, I used to be put in random spots. Sometimes in the front, sometimes in the middle, sometimes in the back.

Now it's just always in the back lol.

I don't think it's a internet speed thing.

ah that's a bummer to hear. hopefully they make some adjustments to balance out the start. i prefer that they do away with rows altogether.

Does yours have an SSD. I've heard that people with SSDs for some reason are always at the front row and I have always been in the front row. I only have my PS4 connected by shitty wifi.
nope! just a 2TB hard drive.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
All this discussion on the starting position is a great reason why fall mountain sucks, lol.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I think as humans it's ingrained in us to look for patterns but I just think it's random at this stage. I thought it had something to do with your overall performance through the previous games but it didn't quite track when I was gold I all the previous rounds and started midfield.

Not that it matters anyway, I've won from front and back and seen others do the same.