• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yeah after some initial salt winning with 1 less member is possible for sure, but fuck why does the game give you soccer knowing the teams will be lopsided? There are other games you can pick from in that situation. Maybe it's a bug.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I'm pissed. I finally won a game and my server connection was cut short. I didn't get the trophy and I didn't get any points or anything at all.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I find that in the soccer game, 99% of the time when the teams are lopsided, I am always on the team with more people on it, and we always lose anyway.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
I really like this game.. a lot.

Unlike most multiplayer games (especially fps games), I find it's easy to compete, but not easy to win, which keeps me wanting to play.

I even like the team games (although I find soccer to be a bit laggy sometimes, but it's fun when it isn't)

I'm at lvl 15 now and managed to get 2 wins (and got super close on a bunch more)

My only worry is that it might get stale. I'm already starting to experience a bit of "oh man.. that one *again*??" (I'm looking at you see saw and memory). Hopefully they modify things as they go (which I've heard they will) and keep adding new stuff.

More slime climb please!! It's donkey Kong mmo... Lol

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Playing this again with some friends and it's great, with some exceptions.

Fall Mountain is FAR too short for a final round. They also need to fix the game variety because of the apparent 25 games, I haven't seen some of them even once. I saw some sort of "dive through hoops" game one time, and never again.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really like this game.. a lot.

Unlike most multiplayer games (especially fps games), I find it's easy to compete, but not easy to win, which keeps me wanting to play.

I even like the team games (although I find soccer to be a bit laggy sometimes, but it's fun when it isn't)

I'm at lvl 15 now and managed to get 2 wins (and got super close on a bunch more)

My only worry is that it might get stale. I'm already starting to experience a bit of "oh man.. that one *again*??" (I'm looking at you see saw and memory). Hopefully they modify things as they go (which I've heard they will) and keep adding new stuff.

More slime climb please!! It's donkey Kong mmo... Lol

I had (almost) the same thought! This game is like massively multiplayer 3D Mario!

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Also this. See my clip a few pages back. You can toss these suckers almost right out from the bottom
Not to rain on your parade, but watch red's score in that clip - the eggs still count for the team if they're on the top step where you're throwing them, so that isn't doing anything unless you have teammates there to relay them fully out. The major loss in their score is because one of your teammates grabbed the golden egg from the bottom and got out holding it successfully. Maybe I'm missing something here though.

Regardless of people's preference of egg scramble, I don't think I've played ever a game/minigame that so heavily rewards ganging up on the player in last place, It's fucked up.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not to rain on your parade, but watch red's score in that clip - the eggs still count for the team if they're on the top step where you're throwing them, so that isn't doing anything unless you have teammates there to relay them fully out. The major loss in their score is because one of your teammates grabbed the golden egg from the bottom and got out holding it successfully. Maybe I'm missing something here though.

You're right, I've actually just learned to remedy this. If you dive JUST before you let go of grab it gives them enough air to make it out. Dont worry. Still a threat!

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Tail Touch or whatever it's called as the last round is the worst shit ever. Delete it.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, I've actually just learned to remedy this. If you dive JUST before you let go of grab it gives them enough air to make it out. Dont worry. Still a threat!
I enjoy policing the net, don't cross me.

I really enjoy them, haven't lost so far.

Same, I really don't mind them (although I have lost multiple times). Favourite is probably soccor, if you have 2 competent teams it can get pretty sweaty.

JohnnyJoestar

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
There definitely needs to be some kind of player count check that prevents certain games from being selected. I just played a 2-man game of royal fumble and managed to get the tail off the other guy in the first few seconds, then proceeded to camp around the middle spinner for the entire rest of the match. It was pretty much impossible for the other guy to catch me and I imagine it was frustrating for them. Had that game been Hexagone or fall mountain it would have been a more fair finale.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I really enjoy this game, but I'm gonna give it some time off until the server issues are fixed. I can only get in a few matches before I can't connect and then have to restart the game.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love Hex A Gone but it's the only final I've never won on. I got really close this last time by remembering to look down and falling strategically instead of sticking out three more panels on the current level.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
FeelsBadMan when it's a team round and your team has 1 less person.

They need to fix that and the tail/eggs grab range.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
The latency on the tail game is some bullshit as has been said plenty of times. Had the tail with 1 second left, cue it being taken by someone who wasn't even that close to me denying me the win.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I really enjoy the obstacle running games, they need to add more and more of those. Have different themes (a lot of tubes, a lot of fake doors, etc..) and have less of the team based stuff and the tails :(

Oh my god, first time I see the team ball pushing game. Seeing my team smoothly drive by and the other two teams fight each other pushing the opponent's balls back is way too funny.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
My first match I lost because I didn't bother to look up the buttons first and didn't know how to climb walls. My second match I won in literally the first round because everyone else died. Did I join a match that was already on the last round or something? Can I be proud of that?

Oct 30, 2017
Why does it not default to you viewing your friends after you finish a race?

Tired of scrolling through 30 people just to see how my friends are doing.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I may legitimately be done with this until they either get rid of or "fix" the Tail games in some way. I'm assuming it's a server/lag/latency issue, but in every single game I've played since game one people can grab my tail at stupid and unreasonable distances, and when I grab tails it's completely hit or miss. I have ZERO lag, latency, or other noticeable issues with anything else in the game (aside from the obvious server disconnects etc) but this, and it completely ruins it for me. I've only won a single game but lost 5+ others *directly* as a result of this.

That aside mid-term the Team games will probably kill this for me. There's probably some way they can make Team games work ("squad" fill only lobbies, losing team games don't automatically disqualify you just give the winners some kind of advantage, or *something*) but right now it's a fucking miserable experience to solo queue then be put completely at the whim and mercy of 5+ other total randoms with no communication. Like, what?

tl;dr the game is fun, but needs some fixes/adjustments A S A P. I also had two disconnects in the last round of a game when I was in 1st by miles, which alone is preventing me from giving them money via the fast food pack or collector's upgrade until they get the server stuff figured out.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... it shouldn't even pull team games unless it has an even number of people left in the game.

I get the feeling it's caused by people leaving between rounds or maybe disconnecting. It might choose the game based on how many people are left after elimination and then if someone leaves after that it can't change it.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pissed. I finally won a game and my server connection was cut short. I didn't get the trophy and I didn't get any points or anything at all.

Yep, had this happen to me! Really makes me not want to even bother at this point if I'll just get screwed again after actually winning. The game is very fun, but they clearly underestimated how popular it would be at launch.

Also, the team matches suck. Half of it is literally my own teammates screwing me over. Would have much preferred if all the game types were every man for his own, those are the best ones by a mile (except the tail one, that one sucks major ass). I'd be happy if like 70% of them were just the obstacles courses.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I had the disconnection thing happen, but i had my crown when i restarted the game

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
You know... I think this game will get old kind of fast, but as of right now, just starting playing my first matches, there's nothing really like it.
It's a feeling of FINALLY a "competitive" game where I can just enjoy and feel the rush not really feeling competitive or that other people are assholes or anything like that.
It's such a nice feeling.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I get the feeling it's caused by people leaving between rounds or maybe disconnecting. It might choose the game based on how many people are left after elimination and then if someone leaves after that it can't change it.

Nope, It's random. I have had rounds where a max of 19 people could qualify be followed by a team game. The game was 10v9.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
wow

I just had a 1v1 royal fumble where I started with the tail. That shouldn't happen, lol.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Egg Scramble gotta go. Also the game should start on Slime Climb more. I had one in round 1 and it wiped 40 people out.

I'm getting more wins now. Fall mountain feels random if you win, I much prefer Hexagone.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Only games I'm not a fan of are ball hoarder and egg scramble. The rest are fantastic and I'm having a really good time.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Are there really 25 stages? Feels like maybe 10.
Maps rotation is a big issue. There isn't enough races.
Egg Scramble gotta go. Also the game should start on Slime Climb more. I had one in round 1 and it wiped 40 people out.

I'm getting more wins now. Fall mountain feels random if you win, I much prefer Hexagone.
Everything with grabbing is a big problem. Either because of lag (tick rate) or fighting for the same object in eggs.
Fall mountain is easy when you know the path. The ball aren't that random. I win 90% of them now. Hexagone is more tricky, especially with a lot of players. I made one game full (I think it's 14 players), total chaos. You jump in higher stakes but in 30 seconds, there are just so much holes. I think I lost by going through 5 levels straight.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ive gotten put in the lower half a 5 v 4 fall ball game 3 shows in a row now and every time the score difference is huge -_-

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my 3rd win, and yet again, it was Fall Mountain. I'm just a pro at that course if I reach it :D