• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
While we are talking about flickering here, is
anyone here playing it on an LG C9 HDR 4K TV? Or from the same line of TVs?

The way this game is made with all these bright colors over the whole screen with basically no textures triggers the TVs ABL as hard as I've never seen it before. The TV is basically very dimmed 80% of all time playing this game. This doesn't happen with hundreds of other games I played before and if you're into TV's like me you know what ABL is and that the consumer can't do anything about it.
It's the first game where this is really bad.

Hmm, not sure but can't say I noticed a big difference on my C8, but I play in a dark room and have my SDR OLED Light low (at 30). How high is yours? also the contrast value makes ABL trigger if you have it too high.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Devs man. I hope they can pull through the success and ride the wave like Rocket League did. So much potential. Please don't fuck it up. Start hiring! Stay on top!

Byron Hinson

Nov 14, 2017
UK
C7 here and haven't had it trigger either. Sure you don't have eco mode or something else causing it. It's usually too much white that causes it. Not a load of varying colours

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
Love this game. Also, I hate this game.

When it comes to the team round games, the opposing teams always move together like pikmin, while my group drool and trip over each other into embarrassing, inexcusable, putrid performances.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I hate door dash these days, the easiest starter to lose if you just get bad RNG with the door or get trampled.
I never shoot for first place in Door Dash. Just try to lag behind the first few people checking the doors and pray you don't get trampled. If you can, dive through the last door.

Oct 26, 2017
I've won a few times now, royal rumble grabbing a tail is my current mode nemesis. One second round was the slime climb race and only 4 of us survived. Meant a particularly difficult grab the tail running around that massive map with only 4 people :| Some of the team games can be brutal. For door dash if I happen to be amongst a massive group going through a door I'll always jump and dive and usually clear the worst of it.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think parties for 6-8 players are out of the table? It would help a lot with my group of friends.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently on the fruit dodge race there is a low % chance of a log just going straight down the middle. I literally got to the "safe" spot and then got hit by the log because it's dropped onto the safe spot. I was going to be the 4th person to finish and instead was eliminated because the log pushed me all the way down to the bottom.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Question, this game is free in PS Plus, does it works the same if you have Plus through a 14-days trail codes? Once is due, can you keep the game? Thankss
You can get it with a 14 days trial, but you can't keep playing after the trial has ended. Gotta resubscribe (or hope it goes f2p in the future)

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to buy on Steam. As another poster said, I already love it and hate it. Gonna play some more in a bit.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
So apparently on the fruit dodge race there is a low % chance of a log just going straight down the middle. I literally got to the "safe" spot and then got hit by the log because it's dropped onto the safe spot. I was going to be the 4th person to finish and instead was eliminated because the log pushed me all the way down to the bottom.

I don't see how this is low % chance, I see the log multiple times every time I go through this course.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to have to ban my kids from playing this, not even some of the shit on Roblox has created as much frustration and upset in my house that Fall Guys has.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah with 30 you're probably aren't noticing it. I have it always around 80.

whew thats really high for SDR. Are you in a bright room? IMO, I would try to turn it down a little, 80 is too hight for SDR unless you need it because you room is too bright. SDR is mastered at 100 nits which is around 25-30 OLED Light, of course that's not attainable in some rooms, but maybe something around 50-60?.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
This game is pure Nintendo couch play but online. The feel is perfection and I'm sure Ninty is studying.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Picked this up for me and gifted to my gf this morning. I played about 30mins so far. Fun, but extremely frustrating. I guess it'll become less so as I figure it out. Some of the levels makes me feel a little nauseous. Could have been how I was turning the camera and trying to figure out what was going on.. She's going to try it out for a bit when she gets home. We both get sick easy playing certain games, so if it happens to her as well, then unfortunately we're going to refund it. Hopefully it gets better, we've been checking out streams and really want to get into this

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

The log appears like 3 o 4 times per race in that stage for me. I don't think it's supposed to have low %.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Can we talk about the friggin Egg Scramble a bit? And how in the hells name people are still, after three days, taking eggs from your own team members all the time, as if they dont - again after threee WHOLE days - understand that its a team match and not everyone by themselves?

Either disable "friendly fire" or remove the whole damn thing from the game!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I fucking love how in the spinning propeller stage everyone tries to pass through the final big one that is ultra fast even though no one makes it and you start to see a bunch of beans flying over nonstop lol

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
finally got my first episode win last night with hex a gone. i thought i'd get screwed with the jump button not registering sometimes, but i lucked out

I fucking love how in the spinning propeller stage everyone tries to pass through the final big one that is ultra fast even though no one makes it and you start to see a bunch of beans flying over nonstop lol
best part is going right on the fork and getting hit by a ragdoll player haha

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Dunno if this was posted before: IGN made an interview with the Devs about the Slime Climb level. How it was made and the first iterations of the level:

Oct 25, 2017
Egg scramble is probably my favorite and most consistently winning team game at this point.

First I go help load up my teams goal, then just go to the enemy team with the least defense and throw their eggs out from the first step.

Don't even worry about scoring the eggs, just get them out of their goal.

Have literally got enemy teams to 3 eggs doing that when they were initially leading.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
lol third victory . I swear there was someone else before me on the hexagon stage but somehow I won.

Funniest one was the previous round, the one where you have to find the correct path over the fake one. I literally fell a couple of slabs before the end, I thought I was done... then I proceeded to see 13/14 folks finding the last slab and missing the jump to the winning line lol

best part is going right on the fork and getting hit by a ragdoll player haha

lol ok this is even better yeah.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I can't tell at the moment as the grabbing mechanic is all over the place (tails disappearimg when the person behind you is miles away), but are you meant to grab the tail itself or do you just have to grab the person to take it? I've seen it happen both ways but it never seems to workwhen I grab someone else from the front (or sometimes even from behind).

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Can we talk about the friggin Egg Scramble a bit? And how in the hells name people are still, after three days, taking eggs from your own team members all the time, as if they dont - again after threee WHOLE days - understand that its a team match and not everyone by themselves?

Grabbing is...inconsistent, to say the least. I never seem to grab the thing I'm aiming for, and always end up grabbing a teammate or something.

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
Grabbing is really off for me. Never seems to do it when I first press the button. Particularly bad in the egg and tail games.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbing is...inconsistent, to say the least. I never seem to grab the thing I'm aiming for, and always end up grabbing a teammate or something.

Yeah...

I've had times where someone has stolen my tail from quite far away and then other times I can't grab a tail when I'm right on top of the person.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if this was posted before: IGN made an interview with the Devs about the Slime Climb level. How it was made and the first iterations of the level:

This a great interview, thanks for posting it! The most exciting part was hearing how they do indeed want the levels to have variations and get adjusted over time, so that even if someone knows a level, they can get surprised by it. I do hope that they're planning to do that pretty regularly, and not just rarely. Though if this game was a "play a week, every two months" thing, that'd probably be fine too. I'd just worry about it maintaining an audience to get full games if that was the rhythm they were going with.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Just played a game with only two rounds. Only 40 to begin with, Slime Climb knocked it down to 7 and then straight into Hex-a-Gone (coincidentally the two best levels in the whole game)

drock5k

Aug 3, 2018
Is there supposed to be a delay or lag on the jump button? I had a miserable time with the seesawing platforms yesterday, but I couldn't tell if it was just me being bad, my controller starting to go, or working as intended.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020

I ran into the same issue with the team tail game. Someone from my team took my tail. I had been hiding successfully up against a wall and my teammate runs up to me and snatches my tail.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I have no idea why slime climb is supposed to be hard, I think it's piss easy, can almost run blind through it at this point. 😅

Only the other people can be a problem here.
Here's a perfect run I just had.

Oh and at the end, no big tease trophy again. That one is broken, other are reporting the same. If you unlocked it, your damn lucky. :(

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I have no idea why slime climb is supposed to be hard, I think it's piss easy, can almost run blind through it at this point. 😅

Only the other people can be a problem here.
Here's a perfect run I just had.

Oh and at the end, no big tease trophy again. That one is broken, other are reporting the same. If you unlocked it, your damn lucky. :(

Never have been eliminated there. Get 1st place every time.