• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Just got the game and can't seem to get a match either. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Sucks because this looks fun

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Servers reported down in discord. Steam and PS4. No current eta.

Btw, check out the Discord! The devs are super open to community feedback, which 35 pages worth of posts shows yall have plenty of. Make sure to check pinned messages for ways to properly get your feedback across. And use the suggestions section to up/down vote the ideas you like/dislike!

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
Activate Just Scan on your TV and don't have it in Overscan in general?

In-game, no, if it doesn't use the PS4 system setting for it.

Set it to "Dot-by-dot" and it fixed the overscan. A bit weird as I've never had to change this display setting ever for a game before. Oh well, it's fixed now. Cheers.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever announce matchmaking being turned back on? First day was much easier to win, but second day was rough. Lot's of 2nd places for me. Maybe just everyone getting better.

Any tips for grabbing tails? I feel like I am horrible at it.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
hold up. I just read something about "sticky blocks" in block party...IS THAT WHY MY FEET SEEM TO GET STUCK UNDER THE BLOCKS YOU NEED TO JUMP OVER?!

You're maybe supposed to mash jump on those to get off?!

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a knack to jumping that I'm missing? Two main examples of issues I'm experiencing:

- In Slime Climb, I don't seem to get the height to do the yellow triangle skip after the first bend, yet when I watch someone like GrandPOOBear play, he does the two hops with total ease.
- In egg scramble when you're deep in someone's score zone, I find it finicky to jump up the two steps to leave the area, especially with an egg in hand.

It jumps seems like when I watch certain streamers play, they jump higher and clear hurdles much easier than I seem to. Playing on a PS4 Pro FWIW.

Is this someone to do with technique, latency or neither?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Is there a knack to jumping that I'm missing? Two main examples of issues I'm experiencing:

- In Slime Climb, I don't seem to get the height to do the yellow triangle skip after the first bend, yet when I watch someone like GrandPOOBear play, he does the two hops with total ease.
- In egg scramble when you're deep in someone's score zone, I find it finicky to jump up the two steps to leave the area, especially with an egg in hand.

It jumps seems like when I watch certain streamers play, they jump higher and clear hurdles much easier than I seem to. Playing on a PS4 Pro FWIW.

Technique. How long you press the button and move the stick is all there is to it. There's a certain finesse.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few games of this last night with a couple of friends - it's pretty fun! I don't know if there's enough here to see out 60 days without losing interest (aside from needing to grind to level 40) but considering I've paid nothing for it I'm not disappointed and I'll definitely be playing some more.

Anyone know if it's possible to have multiple people play on one console/screen?

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017

I can't speak for them, but I noticed in Egg Scramble (and likely every other game) that your jump height is directly proportional to your startup run length. So, if you have an egg and you get up against the wall to jump, you will fail, but if you get a running start, it is much easier to clear the step.

Granted, if you are in the enemy's cup, you should be grabbing and tossing eggs out as quickly as possible, not hobbling up the stairs with them. All you gotta do is run to a different team's cup at the beginning while everyone is going for eggs and just start tossing them out asap. As long as you can keep their egg count super low and you're tossing them back up top, you're almost guaranteed to win.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It partly slopes with those two spots.

Jumping on the bounce block from the right side in slime climb is a sure fire way to hit it. However if you miss it after one jump just bail and hit the ramp instead. Too many bodies touching you will cause a bunch of friction and bounce you away/into the slime.

For egg scramble those little ledges slope up towards the center on the first, and from the goal to the center of the stage on the second. So the proper route if your going left while facing the center would be to jump up on the left side, then kinda back towards the goal you're in on the second one.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't speak for them, but I noticed in Egg Scramble (and likely every other game) that your jump height is directly proportional to your startup run length. So, if you have an egg and you get up against the wall to jump, you will fail, but if you get a running start, it is much easier to clear the step.

Granted, if you are in the enemy's cup, you should be grabbing and tossing eggs out as quickly as possible, not hobbling up the stairs with them. All you gotta do is run to a different team's cup at the beginning while everyone is going for eggs and just start tossing them out asap. As long as you can keep their egg count super low and you're tossing them back up top, you're almost guaranteed to win.

How do you toss the eggs?

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

This is also a big thing people seem to miss. Momentum is huge in relation to jumps. ESPECIALLY on fall mountain for the crown. Thats why some of you seem to get dunked on. If you have to stop because it raises, back up and spin to build your momentum for the jump

Also this. See my clip a few pages back. You can toss these suckers almost right out from the bottom

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
As fun as this game is, I can see it getting old quick. I'm already getting a bit bored by it.

I think it's the lack of randomness between when you get levels. There's only 3, maybe 4 final levels. I don't get why ANY of the races can't be a final levels.

The levels themselves also need a bit of variety. It shouldn't be to hard to add a few more door dash levels, keep the exact same concept, just change the paths a bit.

May 22, 2018
Slime Climb is like 50/50 for me. It feels like there's this one pair of pushers where the timing varies and sometimes they're deployed about the same time making it impossible to reach the next spot.
That's by far the hardest part IMO. It's one thing to look ahead and make sure you time it right, but it's another when you're waiting for the right moment while avoiding being shoved off the platform by other players. I remember losing Slime Climb once and it was at that very spot thanks to someone grabbing me and throwing me off.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017

I do the opposite in egg scramble. I guard our nest. Think in 3 games the other teams have managed to get 1 egg out of my teams best. It's super hard to get out of a nest with someone grabbing you and getting in the way. Our team has been first every time.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Has base PS4 performance been smoothed out somewhat? I feel like playing at 30fps while Pro players are at 60 would put you at a serious disadvantage.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how much the game itself changed between days 1 and 2. Tip toe is a very different experience with everyone bunching up together. Slime climb is even harder with more people competent and getting to the pushing blocks. I don't think every event has the potential for that kind of depth, but I am interested in how this game develops as the community wraps it's head around the mechanics. Some cool possibilities of emergent gameplay.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Kind of shocked this is 30fps on base PS4.

I'm playing on a Pro but I'm not seeing was what would cause this to not hit 60fps on all PS4s.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Love this game, easy to understand but I keep struggling with the tail game.

Am I the only one who waits at the top in racing games to push and mess with some people? Upss

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I was on the verge of probably winning my first match. Was doing really well at Hex and got I a connection error.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Maybe a niche question but, anyone using a capture card to get PS4 gameplay: are you noticing any flicker on your video specifically on the lobby/menu screen? I cant figure out whats going on with this but its really weird.

I am currently watching some streams and I can see the flicker you mention. Some black screen flashing suddenly at times, but it happens while on the race

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I've played this for about two hours now, over the last two days, and I just don't think it's very good. It's an incredibly slight game, with very repetitive mechanics that don't vary anywhere near enough through the introduction of other people (your perfect route through a stage will only very occasionally be messed up by someone else), and several of the small number of available stages lean towards total randomness due to them being team-based.

This games needs far more in the way of forced player-on-player conflict and jostling, much more variety, and a no-teams-stages queue for people who might want to actually pursue wins rather than just messing about.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've played this for about two hours now, over the last two days, and I just don't think it's very good. It's an incredibly slight game, with very repetitive mechanics that don't vary anywhere near enough through the introduction of other people (your perfect route through a stage will only very occasionally be messed up by someone else), and several of the small number of available stages lean towards total randomness due to them being team-based.

This games needs far more in the way of forced player-on-player conflict and jostling, much more variety, and a no-teams-stages queue for people who might want to actually pursue wins rather than just messing about.

I got bored of it just from the technical beta, I hope they change it up a lot and then I'll probably buy

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I almost won a match but didn't realize I needed to grab the crown so I just jumped at it, hit it and then fell down and someone else grabbed it right after.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018

It was a mistake to make this a battle royale game. It would have been brilliant to focus on it being a party-style game with big lobbies. I have about 10 friends that would make playing this a blast. Perhaps make this into a point style style (1st place gets 5, 2nd gets 4, ect) where you play over 5 rounds with the winner being who gets the most points.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am currently watching some streams and I can see the flicker you mention. Some black screen flashing suddenly at times, but it happens while on the race
Glad its not just me having a bad set up. It seems like its getting worse. And it doesnt seem to effect the menu section on top?

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I do the opposite in egg scramble. I guard our nest. Think in 3 games the other teams have managed to get 1 egg out of my teams best. It's super hard to get out of a nest with someone grabbing you and getting in the way. Our team has been first every time.

Why not both?

Your strat is predicated on maintaining a high number of eggs, mine exists to drop one team's score as low as possible to try to guarantee they are the one that loses.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
While we are talking about flickering here, is
anyone here playing it on an LG C9 HDR 4K TV? Or from the same line of TVs?

The way this game is made with all these bright colors over the whole screen with basically no textures triggers the TVs ABL as hard as I've never seen it before. The TV is basically very dimmed 80% of all time playing this game. This doesn't happen with hundreds of other games I played before and if you're into TV's like me you know what ABL is and that the consumer can't do anything about it.
It's the first game where this is really bad.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
i think my main issue with this game (it's lovely overall) is that it rides the perfect line of being playfully frustrating when it's working, but the server/party/crash issues push it over the line into actually maddening sometimes

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Why not both?

Your strat is predicated on maintaining a high number of eggs, mine exists to drop one team's score as low as possible to try to guarantee they are the one that loses.
Yeah I mean if we had a team of 3. 1 defending, 1 hurling and 1 taking the eggs you have hurled and depositing them in our best then we are undefeatable.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

I think it's a bit surprising how little variety there is in the minigames because it would be really to randomise certain elements of a lot of the stages to really force players to improvise, or to tune how difficult/easy certain parts are. Equally I think a lot of the obstacles are just kinda quite easy once you've played for a while, and it would be very easy to make obstacles more challenging as a variant.

I think this game could be pretty massive but only if Mediatonic throw themselves into it fully now.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The way this game is made with all these bright colors over the whole screen with basically no textures triggers the TVs ABL as hard as I've never seen it before. The TV is basically very dimmed 80% of all time playing this game. This doesn't happen with hundreds of other games I played before and if you're into TV's like me you know what ABL is and that the consumer can't do anything about it.

While I dont have an answer for you might be worth submitting a ticket about this. Include a video if you can to give them a better understanding.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I almost won a match but didn't realize I needed to grab the crown so I just jumped at it, hit it and then fell down and someone else grabbed it right after.
I was comfortably ahead in one round but I was in such a blind panic I didn't notice that the crown was moving up and down and missed it completely. D:

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
The game actually got its very own pointless Watchmojo list for the most fun levels

1. Fall Mountain
  2. Door Dash
  3. Hex-A-Gone
  4. Fruit Chute
  5. Rock 'n' Roll
  6. Gate Crash
  7. Jump Club
  8. Whirlygig
  9. See-Saw
  10. Slime Climb

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Three wins this morning. Do I stop or continue my good fortune? I have shit to do!

Gero

Oct 28, 2017

I do. I noticed that its a bit dimmer but its not that dimm to be annoying. Its actually better for the eyes and prevents burn in.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The game actually got its very own pointless Watchmojo list for the most fun levels

1. Fall Mountain
  2. Door Dash
  3. Hex-A-Gone
  4. Fruit Chute
  5. Rock 'n' Roll
  6. Gate Crash
  7. Jump Club
  8. Whirlygig
  9. See-Saw
  10. Slime Climb

I know this is arguing about an Internet list and that's dumb... BUT Fall Mountain at #1 is incredibly incorrect! It's probably the least challenging of the races, the shortest one, and doesn't have any interesting opportunities for comebacks or failures except for the crown jump at the very end. As the final race level, it should probably be three times as long, and actually have challenging obstacles that someone can mess up on and lose a bunch of time. At least put some of the balancing tubes for everyone to fall on at least once.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I know this is arguing about an Internet list and that's dumb... BUT Fall Mountain at #1 is incredibly incorrect! It's probably the least challenging of the races, the shortest one, and doesn't have any interesting opportunities for comebacks or failures except for the crown jump at the very end. As the final race level, it should probably be three times as long, and actually have challenging obstacles that someone can mess up on and lose a bunch of time. At least put some of the balancing tubes for everyone to fall on at least once.
Agreed. Fall Mountain needs a LOT more hazards and length.
The memory game is my least favorite. It's pretty simple and barely anyone gets eliminated.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Yeah they definitely need to add more randomness to the obstacles and levels and routes. That would go a long way toward keeping it fresh.
If they can't do that within the month, people are going to drop off hard. It's the new hotness so they can ride this wave for a bit, although the lag and DCs are really going to frustrate people quicker.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Question, this game is free in PS Plus, does it works the same if you have Plus through a 14-days trail codes? Once is due, can you keep the game? Thankss