• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super confused by all the Slime Climb comments? I finish every race. What's the issue with it?

All the race levels are my jam. Think I've finished first more than I haven't. Only a couple more wins away from the "20 1st places" trophy. It's like 95% of players have never touched a platform game.

Still haven't won a legit crown though ;_; Always let my nerves get me in the last round. Did get one from a game where a lot of people got disconnected but it will always have an asterisk by it in my head!

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
I love the individual obstacle courses, but I don't think I like a single team game. Outside of the limited amount of control you might have over the outcome, none of the mini-games are actually that fun to play at all. I agree with the people saying that it should be relegated to its own game mode, because as it stands I'm just having fun half the time every match.

And that obstacle course in the finals where you grab the crown needs to be WAY longer. At least enough to allow someone to make a comeback instead of the anticlimactic finish it currently is.

I am liking the game a lot, especially as a podcast game. It's something they're going to have to update pretty regularly to avoid people falling out of it though, which I can already see myself doing within a week or two.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super confused by all the Slime Climb comments? I finish every race. What's the issue with it?

All the race levels are my jam. Think I've finished first more than I haven't. Only a couple more wins away from the "20 1st places" trophy. It's like 95% of players have never touched a platform game.

Still haven't won a legit crown though ;_; Always let my nerves get me in the last round. Did get one from a game where a lot of people got disconnected but it will always have an asterisk by it in my head!

i haven't seen any slime climb complaints but I seriously never complete it. Too many people are battling at like the second turn and get knocked off way too often.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
The game distribution seems so bad. I get Dizzy Heights and See Saw like 60% of the time and after 30ish games there's still a few games I've never seen.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
How's the team colour distribution been for you guys? My roommate and I get Yellow almost every single time (and it doesn't help that the current culture is to team up on Yellow so that blue/red/green have an easy time)

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of surprised about people thinking team games aren't really fair because you're not responsible for your teams actions but you're responsible for your actions, when half the levels in this game tend to involve an object or another player getting shot at you at 200 mph from off screen by their insane physics

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I have changed my mind, team games suck
How's the team colour distribution been for you guys? My roommate and I get Yellow almost every single time (and it doesn't help that the current culture is to team up on Yellow so that blue/red/green have an easy time)
I've gotten an even split between yellow and red with blue once or twice. Never green in the 4p events.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Managed to win 2 shows today! Game is stupid fun and addictive (issues and all)!! Been loving it so far!

My biggest issue is the the tails-games. It feels completely random when it registers as you catching it or not. Especially annoying when sometimes people grab yours from far away for no good reason.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Idk...

I seem to do really well in the team games. People are so bad at cooperating that I seem to always find a way to do it for my team. Literally scored by myself TWICE in the soccer game after starting down 0-1.

There are instances when it's just straight up out your control but I guess I'm super lucky.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Won 3 shows in a row earlier today. While there's a big luck based element, you can consistently qualify for the finals.

The only real RNG is the ending, and the team game. Sure there's a degree of RNG on most races, but not so much so that you should fail to qualify. I often fall off a couple of times and still qualify comfortably.

The team games though, I mean... you can't pick who is on your team, and the mechanics of those games are also... kind of weak. The problem they have is that nothing attributed to the netcode in the game, really works all that well, and honestly I don't think it ever will. It often feels like your tail gets stolen via telekenesis, like for real, the guy will be 10 feet away and it just pops! Terrible design.

The interaction with physical objects that other players can also affect is also the same. The football game feels worse than bouncing the football around in the Destiny 2 hub... that's to say, it feels as though no attention has been paid to how the ball should behave when multiple players are making contact with it. It's always a shitshow.

The games design affords some forgiveness on these issues. The wacky presentation, makes you feel that it's okay if things aren't working quite right, that it's all in fun anyway. But at the end of the day, bad design is bad design, and all of these mechanics wherein players have to interact either with each other, or objects within the level, suck. They're awful.

But like I say... you still kind of, just forget about it. Yes the team games are most frequently bad, but as only one team gets disqualified in those, it's usually not that big of a deal even if you at least try. In the longer term though, I think these game types are going to become very tedious.

Races and platforming focused mini-games on the other hand are a tonne of fun... I'm honestly disappointed they didn't focus the content more in these areas. There's only maybe 5 race levels? I love playing these but you do tend to learn them quite quickly. I think a game like this will really shine when you have maybe, 100 levels. At the moment you've got maybe 25 levels and you see 5 or 6 per round... now, that means if you play for say, an hour, you've likely most if not all of the content. Every level you play has a 20% chance of being in the previous show... those odds are too high, and it really lets repetition set in.

There in a good position now, they have a good audience. They need to put out a content roadmap and I think above all else it needs to be more race and platforming themed levels.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Think this is the 1st "battle royal" game I have ever liked. If it wasn't for the steam servers making me stop I just keep going 1 more game just 1 more..

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Block Party is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm getting targeted by people just constantly grabbing me specifically for the entire match, and then I'm getting weirdly stuck in blocks so I can't jump.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
On the Jump Party game I lost a 3 streak because some dude wanted to grab me when it was time to jump knocking us both out.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Downloaded this thinking I could play it with my friend couch coop but switched to rocket league for obvious reasons. Split screen is such a no brainer here. Like wth.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
SO CLOSE man :-( I want that crown lol I love this game.

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
I really enjoy it but server stuff needs to be fixed. Played 3 matches, and disconnected after making the top 15. It did not feel good.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I get the dumbest fucking teams. These idiots have scored 5 goals on themselves.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I play multiplayer games all the time and never get salty but my god I've just rage quit to the Playstation dashboard so many times with this game.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
How am I supposed to grab the tail at the end off a player? Never seems to work. that's two round 5 games I've lost because I just don't know the mechanics and I can't know them before hand.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I hate Jinxed. I hate Jinxed so much.

Any game relying on grabbing is messy at best.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
There should be a game where you have to bounce from platform to platform above a lake of slime and your can't bounce on the same platform twice in a row. You'd get eliminated from missing a jump or from bumping into other players in mid air.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Won 3 shows in a row earlier today. While there's a big luck based element, you can consistently qualify for the finals.

The only real RNG is the ending, and the team game. Sure there's a degree of RNG on most races, but not so much so that you should fail to qualify. I often fall off a couple of times and still qualify comfortably.

The team games though, I mean... you can't pick who is on your team, and the mechanics of those games are also... kind of weak. The problem they have is that nothing attributed to the netcode in the game, really works all that well, and honestly I don't think it ever will. It often feels like your tail gets stolen via telekenesis, like for real, the guy will be 10 feet away and it just pops! Terrible design.

The interaction with physical objects that other players can also affect is also the same. The football game feels worse than bouncing the football around in the Destiny 2 hub... that's to say, it feels as though no attention has been paid to how the ball should behave when multiple players are making contact with it. It's always a shitshow.

The games design affords some forgiveness on these issues. The wacky presentation, makes you feel that it's okay if things aren't working quite right, that it's all in fun anyway. But at the end of the day, bad design is bad design, and all of these mechanics wherein players have to interact either with each other, or objects within the level, suck. They're awful.

But like I say... you still kind of, just forget about it. Yes the team games are most frequently bad, but as only one team gets disqualified in those, it's usually not that big of a deal even if you at least try. In the longer term though, I think these game types are going to become very tedious.

Races and platforming focused mini-games on the other hand are a tonne of fun... I'm honestly disappointed they didn't focus the content more in these areas. There's only maybe 5 race levels? I love playing these but you do tend to learn them quite quickly. I think a game like this will really shine when you have maybe, 100 levels. At the moment you've got maybe 25 levels and you see 5 or 6 per round... now, that means if you play for say, an hour, you've likely most if not all of the content. Every level you play has a 20% chance of being in the previous show... those odds are too high, and it really lets repetition set in.

There in a good position now, they have a good audience. They need to put out a content roadmap and I think above all else it needs to be more race and platforming themed levels.
Mostly agree. I still find the big balls games enjoyable. Grabbing ones can be problematic.
Maps rotation is a big problem. I probably played 30 rounds, maybe more, and played some games only one time.
Few races levels but you played them all the time.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think a game has sent me on such a violent roller coaster of emotions in such a short amount of time.
I LOVE this game.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
This game is a lot of fun and the idea of a 3-D platformer battle royale is something I can really get behind, as it's a genre I'm inherently more familiar with and better at than FPS. The presentation being so goofy and colorful does help to mitigate some of the wonky physics and such and makes it easy to jump into another round.

But all of the team games are dogshit. Every single one. GungJoe put it well in his post too, beyond having teammates who potentially don't know what they're doing (or choose to outright grief), the game doesn't generally handle interacting with objects and other characters very well, and the team games necessitate this more than basically any of the solo ones. None of the obstacle courses ever require you to grab objects or push giant balls and it keeps the elements of playing more personalized. Playing a round of Egg Scramble earlier really pointed out to me how unclear it tends to be how far away grabs do or don't work, when they register or not, what you might be grabbing in a crowd. Yes, some of this you could jot down along the same goofiness as the race levels but...I don't know, something about it still feels different to me.

I at least hope that as new content is added in, they focus more on new race courses and tilt things so that team games occur less often in comparison. I probably wouldn't mind it as much if you only had to team up once per show, instead of averaging two or sometimes even three.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
After a couple of hours playing with a couple of friends last night, this game is more fun than I thought it would be.
Had some hilarious moments, and I can see us coming back to it for something silly and lighthearted after sweating in Apex.

There are a couple of groan-inducing game types, but I don't hate any of it. Some filter options might be nice for those that want them, though not sure how matchmaking/fragmenting the player base would work in that case.

They could improve spectating, though, seeing as you may end up doing a lot of it in teams. It's fun to cheer your friends on, so more camera options or something wouldn't go amiss.

Also would like a button to immediately jump to spectating party members. Having to cycle through everyone gets old.

Btw, what's with all this negative "RNG" talk? Are people just using it as a replacement for the word "luck"? Of course there's gonna be an element of luck involved with a game like this. We don't need every single game to be about 100% control and player skill. You may as well talk about RNG in sports, where skill is obviously important, but still sometimes loses out to real-world physics.

Anyway, hoping the game is popular and that they can keep a consistent flow of new content.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's stupid how inconsistent it is when the games decides if your character is going to fall on their face or not get up quickly.

And the tail game is absolutely awful. On PC I had zero problems. I just had 3 times point blank where I should have gotten a tail and it didn't give me one.

Last edited:

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Got a win on Hexagon today. Really don't have problems with any of the games. Fruit Match is boring and Slime Climb is too chaotic (but still amusing!)

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Have 4 wins on the PC version-booted it up on PS4 just to see how it runs-and I get a win my very first game haha

really wish this game had cross progression. I'd love to play it in the living room on the sofa but already have more wins, unlocks, etc on the PC version so I guess that's where I'm gonna stick with

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I WON, the tail game too.

slime climb is the GOAT! THE GOAT!!

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Tail games suffer because of the netcode, feels very hit and miss to grab one and unfair when someone gets yours from far away when in fact on thier screen they're within perfect reaching distance.

Possession games should be won by percentage held rather than who's got what when the time ends.

Slimb climb is a bitch, if I don't get that shortcut bounce right at the start then it's all over.

Last edited: