• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Played a few rounds last night alternating with my wife who isn't very into games. Got to 4 finals but couldn't hold onto the tail for 3 of them. She was getting better, just some trouble with these new fangled two joystick controllers, kept trying to use the D-pad for movement.

One idea we had was on the between round screen as the guys fall on the pegs below, have a full plinko board they go through (maybe with some minimal movement options) to get a chance at some extra currency.
That's a great idea. So even if you lose, you can still feel like you get something out of it.

We also played this alternately and had a blast.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One idea we had was on the between round screen as the guys fall on the pegs below, have a full plinko board they go through (maybe with some minimal movement options) to get a chance at some extra currency.

Highly suggested in the discord and at the very least will be presented to the devs.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
anyone know how many stages there are in total?

Only played for around an hour and saw many repeats in that time. Makes me think it's going to get stale quite fast if it's going to be this small.

Oct 30, 2017
Fun nonsensical game that should be f2p. It's living off of people's hype. As soon as the hype is gone, this game is done, and all that will be left is a few thousand hard-core fans that take it way to serious that trounce anyone who tries the game.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
anyone know how many stages there are in total?

Only played for around an hour and saw many repeats in that time. Makes me think it's going to get stale quite fast if it's going to be this small.

they are working on more and are soliciting community ideas in the discord. its def going to expand a bit.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Slime mountain doesn't pop up enough for me, like I barely ever see it. The amount of people that get eliminated on that game is both absurd and hilarious at the same time.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up refunding on Steam. The server issues are such a hamper on the experience for this type of game. It was just not enjoyable.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I really want them to change the egg stage so instead of holding the eggs, it's like hungry hippos where you are hauling the endless-spawning eggs back to your home base to put them into big holes or small holes. Small holes would be more frantic so I think that'd be particularly fun. It's a bad 2v1 team stage as it is.

There are definitely things that can be done to improve team-baesd stages. I hope they look into making changes as well as planned additions to improve the overall experience.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a few rounds last night alternating with my wife who isn't very into games. Got to 4 finals but couldn't hold onto the tail for 3 of them. She was getting better, just some trouble with these new fangled two joystick controllers, kept trying to use the D-pad for movement.

That is actually a good idea.

WeteHa

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I hope they can fix some of the latency issues. I keep getting grabbed by people no where close to me and then get launched off into a random direction. I was just knocked off in the memory game even though i was the only person on my tile.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Royal Fumble is shit. The first solid minute of it is absolutely meaningless. But the worst part is the latency - had the tail taken off me by other players who appeared to be nowhere near me. Mind you, I also had a moment on Fall Mountain just now when I grabbed the crown and the win was given to the player who appeared to be behind me. They really need to iron out the ping issues if they can as it's the biggest way to spoil the end of a run.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
just got my 5th win, so have 6 crowns. question is whether i should splurge on the owl costume currently in the shop now (assuming it's not gonna be in again any time soon) or hold on to these

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
The mode in which you have to push a ball down a road into a single goal requires some strategy.

I just played it, and when the round started, 3 guys dashed to the end of the stage and I was cursing them because we were the slowest because we were not all pushing it. However, when we reached the last zone, I noticed those 3 guys were holding/pushing back the Yellow's team ball! We ended up qualifying and Yellow Team was out lol

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ended the night with 2 straight wins, so 5 total. Honestly the only final game I like, despite it being the one I've won the least is the hexagon one.

The team games for me(eggs in basket and keeping the balls in your zone) usually end up with 2 teams bullying the one in last place. Other ones where it is one team vs another have people throwing as well, particularly the football game.

Edit: In the ball pushing game earlier I singlehandedly stopped one team from pushing their ball when I noticed we were losing, turned it round and ended up eliminating them.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Ended the night with 2 straight wins, so 5 total. Honestly the only final game I like, despite it being the one I've won the least is the hexagon one.

The team games for me(eggs in basket and keeping the balls in your zone) usually end up with 2 teams bullying the one in last place. Other ones where it is one team vs another have people throwing as well, particularly the football game.
Hexagon is 100% the best finale. Wish it came up more often.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
just got a 2nd win in a row with the tail game as the finale. the other two contestants spent the entire game running after each other on the central turning platform only for me to jump on it in the last 20 seconds, snag the tail and buck it. they must have been so pissed off lmao

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Totally just snaked a victory from someone on the crown finale. I was in the lead and reached the top first. But I was waiting for the crown to lower, that's when the other cat ran up. We both jumped and grabbed on at the same time. I swear it looked like we were both on there at the same time but I walked away the winner.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
ive come so close, made final stage 7-8 times today but no luck getting that final crown. My wife and 7 year old son love it too. They have also made it to the final stages.

My son plays alot of obis (roblox obstacle courses) and does really really well on this game lol

Oct 25, 2017
Learn from my failings. 0 seconds on the clock doesn't mean the round is over.

I think if I hadn't turned around I would have been fine.

Jamesbuc

Dec 29, 2018
I sadly ended up refunding after about half an hour at which point I realised this game just isnt for me in any way. Im just flat out terrible at it and the sheer amount of first round eliminations and frustrating crack defeats just make me want to hurl my controller at the wall.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Learn from my failings. 0 seconds on the clock doesn't mean the round is over.

I think if I hadn't turned around I would have been fine.

DANGIT! So, SO close! Love this game

r64ihvo3sqy41.jpg

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
The camera in the football minigame is trash. Also in the minigame with the two poles spinning on a platform, you can't get the camera low enought to look for the green pole.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Boo 3 straight final rounds and all Ls :(. Got 2nd place in hexagone and fall mountain :(. I need my fifth victory. Speaking of which fall mountain is my current nemesis. The only final round game I haven't won in yet and that 2nd place finish was the closest I got to victory.

Oct 29, 2017
7 episodes won so far. Some of the minigames can be pretty janky, but overall the game is really fun.

I don't get how some people can have the trophy for using legendary gear. None of the items in the store or the season pass are legendary. So how is it possible?

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
7 episodes won so far. Some of the minigames can be pretty janky, but overall the game is really fun.

I don't get how some people can have the trophy for using legendary gear. None of the items in the store or the season pass are legendary. So how is it possible?
we talked about it earlier, we think the devs gave some to some people, because shu yoshida has the legendary fish pattern.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
In 50+ shows (so probably 100+ game rounds) I've never seen hex-a-gome. But I've seen every shite team game many many times. Add that to the excruciating PS4 input lag, and I think this is two nights and done for me. Shine very much coming off. Oh well, cost me nothing.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
tip toe is easier to predict than i would have thought a little while ago. i doubted the shaking tiles. but you can pretty easily keep skipping ahead of the pack if you gauge what isnt shaking next to what is. pretty sure theres always two paths ending on the finish line.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand grabbing, do you need to hold R2? People can grab me at seemingly ridiculous distances (I'd say lag but I don't notice any other issues anywhere else at all with lag).