• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Me: I'd really love to play the fruit chute one again. Or the slime run. Or the doors. Any obstacle course. Anything but the bloody team collectathon with all the-

Fall Guys:
EGGS

Yeah, right there with you. I've played Eggs and the Tail games so many times, but have never once gotten the jump rope or jump through hoops games.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's..... JUMP ROPE???? da fuck?

Makes me want to hop back to hopefully come across it. I've played like 5hrs yesturday.

That was my short hand for what looks to be called "Jump Club" where you need to stay on the platform with the spinning knock off bar. I've just never gotten that one ever, and it looks fun.

Egg Meta: Gang up on the loser so they stay losing.

this. just constantly empty their goal. dont worry about filling yours. grab, toss out, repeat. got a red team down to zero today while they focused too much on those gold boys.

I've found that a very small number of people playing defense on your team's eggs can pretty effectively prevent this. Just standing at the corner of the playfield and the second step blocks most of it.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Won my first match. Grabbed the tail on the literal last second, tense as fuck.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
That was my short hand for what looks to be called "Jump Club" where you need to stay on the platform with the spinning knock off bar. I've just never gotten that one ever, and it looks fun.

It is fun, but I've been eliminated everytime I play it lol the lower spinning bar can synchronize with the upper one and if you're not paying attention, you're 100% fucked

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I think I am pretty good at this game. Have had 1 win and 3 top five finishes in something like 20 games. But whether it is my own fault or other players I cannot fucking get past the three yellow logs in Slime Climb. flkasdjflkasjdla

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Servers fucked atm? Keep getting bounced back with no error or anything.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish something could be done about the input lag on the ps4 when jumping. I've lost a ton of games because of it

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
was having fun with the game until I saw there were team games

not a fan of playing really well but losing because your team sucks

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
I am glad this is a freebie on plus, I got to try it but the games just not for me.

Between random bouts of input lag fucking me up on the jumps, which exists on no other game I play, and being bounced here there and everywhere by other people I equate it to be as enjoyable as constantly smashing my head against the wall.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I find it very strange people may deny themselves from a good experience due to Trophies. Like I understand people get gratification from collecting them but at the end of the day no one cares or even looks at the trophies you've gotten really.

Years back in the mid 2000s...a wise man once stood up, from a group of wise men having cordail gaming debates, and proclaimed..

"No achievements? so you're playing for nothing lol"

Oct 27, 2017
Won my first match. Grabbed the tail on the literal last second, tense as fuck.

I bet that was you that nabbed that tail off my 10 year old son at the literal last second - me, the wife and his sister were all bouncing up and down on the sofa cheering him on and then someone stole it and the rage, the sadness. End of days. And that's just from me and the wife, ahaha.

You.

You stole it, how could you!

Monster.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017

Oh ok, yeah I've played that one. You can't joke around half way through, once you lose your balance it's over.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
XD

Ok, how do you push like this? You just grab on, move forward and let go? Or is there timing involved?

Grab them, and hold for a second,, as it completes the grab you hear a little 'pop' and that's where they'll get pushed back a little, as this happens push into them as hard as you can using the left analog and your momentum will be carried into the 'push'. It works especially well if they're standing still, like in this scenario.

Be careful not to throw yourself off :)

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Grab them, and hold for a second,, as it completes the grab you hear a little 'pop' and that's where they'll get pushed back a little, as this happens push into them as hard as you can using the left analog and your momentum will be carried into the 'push'. It works especially well if they're standing still, like in this scenario.

Be careful not to throw yourself off :)
Thank you :) Time to get to work training to be a monster.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hell yeah got my second win

original.gif

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've found that a very small number of people playing defense on your team's eggs can pretty effectively prevent this. Just standing at the corner of the playfield and the second step blocks most of it.

this this this. I always play defense on Egg Scramble, you yourself can make non stop trip a couple of egg stealers, and usually someone else join you. Seriously, it's to easy to keep tripping out your invaders just by non stop grabbing, they can't get out of your base.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The amount of times I have finished 2nd place today.....

May as well be the Ash Ketchum of this game.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
a 3 win streak killed by a disconnect will be my death knell. this is like the third time haha. probably wont have a chance at 5 in a row till servers are at for real 100%.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As the one obstacle course based final, Fall Mountain really should be longer and incorporate more elements from the other levels. Put some fans and spinners and balance tubes in there! Show mastery of everything to get that crown! The only major place for someone to blow it is getting hit by the hammers or missing the crown.

Steezy

Jan 7, 2018
How do you launch the football? I only seem to be able to make it go straight up, if anything.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Almost won but a dork behind me grabbed me at the crown so a guy across the way got to it 1st.

I'll see that guy in hell!

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I feel like the game is missing an element or two from a gameshow presentation wise. Maybe it is an announcer, quick end of the round instant replay, or even like some fake 5-10 second interviews between rounds. It doesnt kill the experience but I think they could have hammed it up a little more.

Loving the game and my kids and wife think it is hilarious to watch.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
this. just constantly empty their goal. dont worry about filling yours. grab, toss out, repeat. got a red team down to zero today while they focused too much on those gold boys.
This strategy works best for Hoarders too.

I hate hate hate seesaw.

This game is awesome tho
Gotta use the dive! If you dive onto a seesaw, unless it's completely upended, you'll likely not collapse and start rolling. Took me a while to realize that because I'd just fall off constantly.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
so just had the jinxed mini game for the first time, not actually come across this one before even after watching a lot of beta streams

shiftmal

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few rounds last night alternating with my wife who isn't very into games. Got to 4 finals but couldn't hold onto the tail for 3 of them. She was getting better, just some trouble with these new fangled two joystick controllers, kept trying to use the D-pad for movement.

One idea we had was on the between round screen as the guys fall on the pegs below, have a full plinko board they go through (maybe with some minimal movement options) to get a chance at some extra currency.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i can confirm i saw my first hacker

during the first race stage just ran out ahead of everyone at 3x speed

i cant complain too much because then he either dc'd or killed himself at some point and i ended up winning

fake edit i just had the same guy do the same thing again on the next match and he already dc'd by the qualified screen. name was "dox" and he was all white with no pattern

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I think my least favorite level so far is Fruit Chute - it's not hard, there's just a lot of randomness. So many times the 4 oranges get fired at the same time and take up damn near the entire field.

One of my favorites is the race level with the spinning rods on the platforms. It's hilarious because if you stand just right, you can launch yourself across the first portion of the level (stand in front of a spinning rod, let it hit you, and fly forward).

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This strategy works best for Hoarders too.

Gotta use the dive! If you dive onto a seesaw, unless it's completely upended, you'll likely not collapse and start rolling. Took me a while to realize that because I'd just fall off constantly.

Yeah, diving at the last second seems to mitigate the stumbling. That definitely helps a lot on seesaw, as the main way people fall off is going into that crumbled state from a high jump that then slides them off to their doom.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
if i have another gameplay complaint other than the noticeable input lag on PS4, it's gotta be the camera. it's pretty terrible at getting caught on objects and obstructing your view a lot, especially in team games where you're in a closed off arena.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I bet that was you that nabbed that tail off my 10 year old son at the literal last second - me, the wife and his sister were all bouncing up and down on the sofa cheering him on and then someone stole it and the rage, the sadness. End of days. And that's just from me and the wife, ahaha.

You.

You stole it, how could you!

Monster.
Lol. I'll try to remember there's children playing this game when grabbing a player right before a jump so they fall

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
I do think the actual "skill" side of things is far too easy and only takes up a very, very small percentage of the game, with luck and latency taking up the vast majority.

They'll certainly need to sort out the latter if they want any longevity or real competitiveness.