• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
small disappointment, I'm not into trophies but I was half expecting my PS4 trophies to auto pop when using the PS5 version.

this apparently isn't the case.

DarkSora

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 28, 2017
Just double checking but there is no way to unlock that mecha godzilla skin without paying for the season pass, right?

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
I was feeling guilty that I was being matched with new players during the first couple days since I've played for nearly since the first month, as I've ended up getting to the final round of first place more often than not. Slime Climb and Slimescraper, however, absolutely sweep players. One round had players go from 20 to 3.

I still have fun with this game gameplay-wise, had Blast Ball for the first time, and I won just by pushing the last player instead of using a bomb at them.

Still, even as someone who got the pass due to owning the game already, the F2P conversion is unsurprisingly weighed towards if you have Show-Bucks, and pretty much means a downgrade to being awarded overall. If you didn't get those crossover costumes before then which needed Crowns (earned by winning a game or doing those dailies), then you're at the mercy of Show-Bucks which you likely won't have enough in the first season if you've gotten all from the pass and want to save them for the second season pass. Winning games now feel a lot less vital to being rewarded.

I don't know how their methods compare to Fortnite and Rocket League (since they're owned by Epic Games), but I feel like I'll just be sitting with hundreds of thousands of Kudos to the end of time since I doubt any noteworthy items will be available with them.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Okay so are in game invites not working at all ? I tried playing with my sister cross play Xbox and PS4 and we could invite each other but we would never receive the invitation. So I downloaded on ps5 and same thing we only got to play together using the system level invite

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just double checking but there is no way to unlock that mecha godzilla skin without paying for the season pass, right?

Correct.

But who knows, it might come back at a later date for the low price of 1,200 Show Bucks later.

Speaking of...AiAi from Super Monkey Ball is in the store.

Before it used to be 10 Crowns total, which was like 10 Wins.

Now, it's 800 Show Bucks, which is £6 or so.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
I think the new economy may have broken the game? Once your quests are done and you have enough lifetime wins that your next crown track reward is hundreds of games off, you are so incredibly incentivized to stop playing that it's basically a soft stamina system. The shop refreshes so slowly and so few items are for kudos that even if you play for months you might not see attainable rewards that interest you. The positive reinforcement loop is really busted without crowns.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a "win" it was in squads so not quite but I'll take it as a way to get the monkey off my back, like the first one in fortnite it's nice to have it

Pretty standard run of Tundra Run, party promenade, fruit chute and then ice breaker.

No matter the mode I go into I seem to get Tundra Run and Track Attack nearly every time

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
My 4 year old still trying to qualify on a race. 😂
I love the races, they're one of the few level types I seem to be good at.

I suck at the teeter totter level and I've never gotten close with the final round "reach the crown first" stage. The spinning hammers always mess me up and by then someone is already well past me.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I can't put into words how much I hate Hoopsie Legends.

(and this is not an invitation to share strategies for Hoopsie Legends. I know. It still sucks)

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I think the teeter totter level is my least favorite of all the ones I've played, and it's sadly the one I get the most.

I was even doing well at it once, but then one mistake and you can just get permanently screwed.

I honestly thought they had done away with See Saw. I hadn't seen that map literally in months, and then I got it today.

Jan 13, 2022
See Saw is terrible, Fruit Chute is terrible, that one that's like see saw but with the circular ones is terrible.

But this game is just stupidly fun. Love it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly thought they had done away with See Saw. I hadn't seen that map literally in months, and then I got it today.
Lucky! I seem to get it every game or at least every other game.

It's just annoying because it's so dependent on the other players, so sometimes it's super easy and I just cruise through it with only falling a few times, but other times I'm doing great and then I get screwed with a few bad ones and I get eliminated.

Other stages at least have a variety of routes or vary things up as you progress, but the See Saws it's just more and more see saws.
See Saw is terrible, Fruit Chute is terrible, that one that's like see saw but with the circular ones is terrible.

Yeah, even with some bad stages it's still have fun even with failing.
It only gets annoying when I'm far into a game and suddenly I get screwed on a bad stage.

Is Fruit Chute the one where you're going forward and your constantly getting fruit blasted at you?
I've only gotten that one once and I had fun with it, but obviously it's very phyics heavy and I can imagine it's very easy to get screwed.

I do wish it was a bit faster to get from failing to getting into a new game. If I could just hit "Select" like in Trials and immediately be loading into a new game that would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The skill level of players is not at a point where starting in the back row dooms you. Not even close. The new races with the speed circles are easy to not qualify if you don't manage to be at full speed almost the entire race, but other then that, there's plenty of room for error.

Just take some time and learn the best strats for each stage.

What about the Tilting Circles ones where there is a higher chance of the Circles being too down by the time the Back-Starters get to like the 3rd one? Happened 3 times in a row to me.

Or the one Cyber One where there are Laser Walls and that section where you push buttons and it fires things at the other side?

If you start at the back, there is a higher chance randomness happens to you, heh.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Stopped playing this shortly after the initial release and was always bummed my wife and I had to take turns playing. Now that its crossplay and f2p we played together for the first time and back at in for the first time in almost 2 years we got a win on our second duos game!

The game also put us in an empty volleyball court that we automatically won lol

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Uh, I don't know if it's just coincidence but my sons switch lite just got a blue screen of death while playing this.

I did a factory reset and it froze again while trying to set up the switch.

I am going to try call Nintendo tomorrow.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017

See Saw isn't terrible, it's the greed and stupidness of others that makes it hard. If everyone played as a team it'd be easy but everyone being selfish cunts means a lot of the time nobody can move forward. It's perfect.

Gushu

Sep 29, 2018
The solo lobbies are hella sweaty. I got a few wins and now i am only match with tryhards lmao. Theres definitely skill based matchmaking, but i kinda like it :D
But goodbye to collecting crowns now

See Saw isn't terrible, it's the greed and stupidness of others that makes it hard. If everyone played as a team it'd be easy but everyone being selfish cunts means a lot of the time nobody can move forward. It's perfect.

I had a See saw match where only 7 finished and the rest was bottlenecked on seesaw where everyone tried to jump on and it was nearly standing vertical lol

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Just started this on Switch. Performance is pretty good I guess, it's not 60 fps though.

I played 4 matches, got second place with one. I could've won that one, but I didn't get the rules at first. It was the Hex-a-gone stage. I was running around the tiles for a very long time, I didn't see the other person the entire time. I kept dropping to a lower level after going through almost every tile.
I was thinking they were cheating at one point lol, no way they could keep it up for so long after I've left no tiles for them to stand on. Perhaps there is a tile that doesn't disappear.

It's a fun game, but I don't see myself sticking with it for a very long time.

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017

Also, @ anyone who keeps getting the same rounds, that's also tied to skill-based matchmaking - if you're in the "lower" matchmaking bracket you literally only have access to 19 out of 54 rounds. Just another reason everybody hates SBMM and wants it gone.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Using jump around to grind some of the marathon tasks, namely gold medals, dives and reaching final round

I'm actually terrible at it but it's easy enough

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
What about the Tilting Circles ones where there is a higher chance of the Circles being too down by the time the Back-Starters get to like the 3rd one? Happened 3 times in a row to me.

Or the one Cyber One where there are Laser Walls and that section where you push buttons and it fires things at the other side?

If you start at the back, there is a higher chance randomness happens to you, heh.

1) Thats what the trampolines are for. There are a couple of places where you have a bit or a branching path take the one that sets you up for the next platform best.

2) don't jump on the buttons as being in the air when you get hit is sure to send you flying. Run to the inside of the buttons. There's a chance the butto lip or other beans will stop you from getting knocked off. Also so many beans don't know that you want to go in the middle in the area with all the buttons and force fields. Pay attention to where the middle half circle is and go in there as quickly as possible you will pass so many people.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Also, @ anyone who keeps getting the same rounds, that's also tied to skill-based matchmaking - if you're in the "lower" matchmaking bracket you literally only have access to 19 out of 54 rounds. Just another reason everybody hates SBMM and wants it gone.

Yo this was actually me and my friend last night! We were excited to hop in for the first time since the game launched, when we dropped it after a while due to limited content. We were having lots of fun, but after like 90 minutes we started saying "wait I thought this game had a ton more content now, why do we keep getting these same few events?"

We'll play a couple more rounds and hopefully more opens up, but I'm not putting 15 hours into fucking Fall Guys just to unlock some content lol. The devs really need to not overestimate how much I care about their game, I'm just here for some goofy fun

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

So on Full Tilt once you get to the third disc there's actually two paths. There's one in the middle where your side and the players from the other starting point can jump too. Usually this one is fucked if too many get here before you. The other is on either the left or the right depending on where you start and has a slow moving rotating bar on it and the only people that can make this are the people that started on the same side as you. This one is usually safe to jump to.

For Skyline Stumble, swing the camera around so you can see where the stars are firing from. Gives you a better idea on if you're about to get rocked so you can stop if if looks bad. Also don't run on the button, try to run below them. You still might eat shit once or twice, but you'll make it through

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Just saw how much AiAi costs, Jesus I've done every mission I can at the moment, won 3 times(2 solo and 1 in squad) and I don't even have half of what it costs, this is a disgrace lmao

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw how much AiAi costs, Jesus I've done every mission I can at the moment, won 3 times(2 solo and 1 in squad) and I don't even have half of what it costs, this is a disgrace lmao
Doesn't AiAi cost show bucks? You'd have to clear like two thirds of the fame path to afford him, or pay up. Before F2P he was just 10 crowns which is a lot more feasible to get.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017

What they've done (made legacy costumes that you used to be able to buy with crowns now you have to use real money) is absolutely insane. They should've kept everything prior to this update buyable with kudos and anything new special that they added put on their new stupid showbucks system. Essentially if you missed out on older costumes because you were offline that day good luck because now you can't get them without spending real money. It's a total joke.

I get they need a revenue stream from F2P but this is awful, it's really made me really dislike the game and I've played 120 hours since release.

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
What they've done (made legacy costumes that you used to be able to buy with crowns now you have to use real money) is absolutely insane. They should've kept everything prior to this update buyable with kudos and anything new special that they added put on their new stupid showbucks system. Essentially if you missed out on older costumes because you were offline that day good luck because now you can't get them without spending real money. It's a total joke.

I get they need a revenue stream from F2P but this is awful, it's really made me really dislike the game and I've played 120 hours since release.
I think people are going to be particularly mad in a few days - all signs point towards the Halo collab costumes having show buck prices. The cat helmet is the only thing you can get for free (plus a banner, pattern and nickname).

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Doesn't AiAi cost show bucks? You'd have to clear like two thirds of the fame path to afford him, or pay up. Before F2P he was just 10 crowns which is a lot more feasible to get.
Yup that's why I'm mad, the only thing that made me go for wins was the possibility of getting all these costumes, now they've made it almost impossible