• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Holy matchmaking!

After I won I now appear to be in match making hell. The next 5 games and I so much as fall over once and I'm not qualifying.

Off putting, but hopefully it balances out in time because I now can't make it out of the first round.

seriosbrad

Oct 28, 2017
Did you log in to the Steam version first after the F2P update? I haven't seen anyone talking specifically about this costume, but as far as I know everything's supposed to carry over. Are all your other costumes there?

EDIT: Was wondering whether it's technically DLC and doesn't transfer to other platforms (not sure if this is the case for DLC), but it did transfer when they added crossplatform accounts according to the wiki https://fallguysultimateknockout.fandom.com/wiki/Gordon_Headcrab_Costume.

Hmm strange. I did not login to Steam version before the update, was I supposed to?

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the kudos store only updates weekly. No wonder there are so many basic beans.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
How doable is it? And what happens when the season is up? If it's put into a store, I'm cool with that.

No clue how doable it is. All I can say for sure is that I got up to level 18 yesterday in about 4 hours. Of course I'm sure progression will slow as the levels go up, and that progression I did get came largely from completing all of the weekly challenges. So with 10 weeks worth of the weeklies, I think it's doable, just no way to know how much the grind will be further up yet.

And I'm not sure whether they've mentioned battle pass stuff coming to the store later or not. I wouldn't bet on it, but I have no clue.

Oct 27, 2017
No clue how doable it is. All I can say for sure is that I got up to level 18 yesterday in about 4 hours. Of course I'm sure progression will slow as the levels go up, and that progression I did get came largely from completing all of the weekly challenges. So with 10 weeks worth of the weeklies, I think it's doable, just no way to know how much the grind will be further up yet.

And I'm not sure whether they've mentioned battle pass stuff coming to the store later or not. I wouldn't bet on it, but I have no clue.
Ah, would be nice to know. I won't invest if it's a FOMO grind.

Thanks.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Crowns being converted to Kudos is brutal lol. I didn't have a ton but I wish I had gone back to spend some before the changeover.

Really digging the new stages, though.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a guide to get everything to sync over to other platforms? I had the game on PS4 and I upgraded to the new client and got everything merged over to the F2P version. However, afterwards I downloaded the Switch version and logged in with my Epic account and none of my PS4 progress and costumes are there.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
So I haven't played since they did Epic account integration. I downloaded the OG version and I guess you cannot even login anymore. I'm guessing all my stuff is long gone eh?

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
It seems PS5 players can't see invitations from other platforms? My friends had to download PS4's version to play together

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Wow so I figured out what my cross progress issue was. Back when Epic Games was having all of that Fortnite crossplay fuckery with Sony, I had a separate Epic account tied to my PS4 and I forgot all about that. All of my Fall Guys progress was tied to that account. So when I log in with my real Epic Games account on other platforms, nothing was there. Once I fixed this I lost all of the DLC I purchased for the non-F2P version of the game. Wow that really sucks, even though it's ultimately my fault. DLC won't even work on PS4 anymore. I doubt I'll even bother with this game now.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
FINALLY got a Survival Match and DIDN'T get eliminated...

... disconnects...don't count!

GG!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Errrr have they removed the option for custom/private games? Can't find it anywhere…

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
I'm having fun but I feel like I am always getting the same maps over and over again...

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017

Thanks.
With one exception (Guy Spelunky) fame path items have never returned as buyable items. Doesn't seem like that's any different now.

I'm at level 26 after 2 days of playing the new season, if you just launch the game and do the daily challenges every day (takes less than an hour) you can probably reach 100 in 2 or 3 weeks.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Been getting disconnected while playing on my switch OLED, did Nintendo even update the wifi or is it still the launch model wifi
When you win a round and get disconnected after dusting people
Rigged :(

Shang

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks.
The amount of fame per level doesn't go up exponentially. Once you reach Level 20 it's always 660 fame per level, and we know it's 61,710 fame to max out the pass: https://fallguysultimateknockout.fandom.com/wiki/Season_1

I'm not sure if the daily challenges will always award the same amount of fame, but today I got 720 fame from my dailies. The season is currently set to last 69 days, so that's 49,680 fame from dailies. The weeklies are a bit harder to judge, as not everyone will be able to get wins or gold medals in race rounds. Excluding those challenges, it should still be an easy 4,600 fame from the other weekly challenges, or 46,000 fame over 10 weeks. That's ~95,000 relatively easy fame and doesn't even count the fame you get from playing (around 80 if you reach the final round, 100 if you win). Basically, if you play at least once a week to do the weekly challenges (and the daily challenges on those days), plus an additional random 12 days throughout the season, then it should be enough to finish the pass.

Wow so I figured out what my cross progress issue was. Back when Epic Games was having all of that Fortnite crossplay fuckery with Sony, I had a separate Epic account tied to my PS4 and I forgot all about that. All of my Fall Guys progress was tied to that account. So when I log in with my real Epic Games account on other platforms, nothing was there. Once I fixed this I lost all of the DLC I purchased for the non-F2P version of the game. Wow that really sucks, even though it's ultimately my fault. DLC won't even work on PS4 anymore. I doubt I'll even bother with this game now.
Can you still sign in to your other Epic account and see if the DLC/progress still works with that?

You might be able to get the stuff transferred to your main account: https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-...ee-all-my-Items-DLC-Purchases-Kudos-or-Crowns

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of fame per level doesn't go up exponentially. Once you reach Level 20 it's always 660 fame per level, and we know it's 61,710 fame to max out the pass: https://fallguysultimateknockout.fandom.com/wiki/Season_1

I'm not sure if the daily challenges will always award the same amount of fame, but today I got 720 fame from my dailies. The season is currently set to last 69 days, so that's 49,680 fame from dailies. The weeklies are a bit harder to judge, as not everyone will be able to get wins or gold medals in race rounds. Excluding those challenges, it should still be an easy 4,600 fame from the other weekly challenges, or 46,000 fame over 10 weeks. That's ~95,000 relatively easy fame and doesn't even count the fame you get from playing (around 80 if you reach the final round, 100 if you win). Basically, if you play at least once a week to do the weekly challenges (and the daily challenges on those days), plus an additional random 12 days throughout the season, then it should be enough to finish the pass.

Can you still sign in to your other Epic account and see if the DLC/progress still works with that?

You might be able to get the stuff transferred to your main account: https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-...ee-all-my-Items-DLC-Purchases-Kudos-or-Crowns
Wow thanks. Since it's free, I guess it wouldn't hurt to plop down the 10 bucks to see what I can do. But I'm also paying that money just for a chance to get that MechaG... and the kids are excited about the among us too but as far as I know, they're SOL on their own accounts, correct?

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Wow thanks. Since it's free, I guess it wouldn't hurt to plop down the 10 bucks to see what I can do. But I'm also paying that money just for a chance to get that MechaG... and the kids are excited about the among us too but as far as I know, they're SOL on their own accounts, correct?
It's worth noting that you can buy the season pass and collect the paid tiers at any time. I say just play for free for a few weeks and see if the game is still fun for you and if the challenges are doable in a fair amount of time. If you feel like it's not a grind, you can buy the pass when you reach the max level. If it feels too grindy you can drop it without feeling forced to finish the pass just because you paid for it.

Also, by buying the season pass and finishing it, it'll grant you 1200 Show Bucks, enough to buy the next season pass. By paying the $10 once you'll be able to earn all future passes for free if you keep up with finishing them.

And yeah, unfortunately costumes can only be used by one account. They had two previous Among Us costumes (Red and Purple) for free in previous seasons, and I'm sure they'll come back to the store, but I can only imagine how much IRL money they'll cost now.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if we get to keep the Gordon Freeman outfit pre-order bonus from our Steam accounts? Cause It's not in my account on Epic :(

this:
EHrRkEO.jpg
It's considered DLC, for whatever reason. It's only available to equip on the Steam version of the game. It'll work on the other versions once equipped, but once you unequip it you have to go back to specifically the Steam version to equip it again. (This also applies if you bought any of the DLC costumes on Steam, and presumably also any of the DLC costumes on PS4).

Oct 27, 2017
It's worth noting that you can buy the season pass and collect the paid tiers at any time. I say just play for free for a few weeks and see if the game is still fun for you and if the challenges are doable in a fair amount of time. If you feel like it's not a grind, you can buy the pass when you reach the max level. If it feels too grindy you can drop it without feeling forced to finish the pass just because you paid for it.

Also, by buying the season pass and finishing it, it'll grant you 1200 Show Bucks, enough to buy the next season pass. By paying the $10 once you'll be able to earn all future passes for free if you keep up with finishing them.

And yeah, unfortunately costumes can only be used by one account. They had two previous Among Us costumes (Red and Purple) for free in previous seasons, and I'm sure they'll come back to the store, but I can only imagine how much IRL money they'll cost now.
Ah, so again like Rocket League (my only measure of passes) where once you buy it, you unlock everything up to where you've earned without it? Was hoping that was a standard practice. I will try it then.

But man, if all of the Kaiju and Godzilla sites and accounts I follow made mention of the Godzilla stuff, I'd have been playing already. Kinda peeved about that lol.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017

Nope the DLC is totally gone now regardless of what Epic account I use. It really sucks cause at the time of purchasing that DLC pack and unlocks I had, Epic Games didn't own the dev team yet nor did it require an Epic account to play the game. I just got shitty luck due to having a different Epic account tied to my PS4 due to Sony's refusal to support cross-play at that time for Fortnite. Oh well, whatever.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had any team games in squads today? Every round ends with an odd number of teams not divisible by 3 so getting a team game isn't even possible

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone had any team games in squads today? Every round ends with an odd number of teams not divisible by 3 so getting a team game isn't even possible
Got lucky with an Egg Siege semi-final and a Basketfall final, only took like 4 games.

Just now I was doing Duos for my daily challenges, despite my squadmate quitting mid round 1 I qualified all the way through to the final and won on my own.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Holy matchmaking!

After I won I now appear to be in match making hell. The next 5 games and I so much as fall over once and I'm not qualifying.

Off putting, but hopefully it balances out in time because I now can't make it out of the first round.
Ouch. My daughter is enjoying playing and made a couple of rounds. We got to the last round, but now I'm kinda glad we didn't win, because I want her to be able to enjoy it.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Holy matchmaking!

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Having SBMM in a game like this is so ridiculous lol. I'll probably stick to Squads because of it.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Got lucky with an Egg Siege semi-final and a Basketfall final, only took like 4 games.

Just now I was doing Duos for my daily challenges, despite my squadmate quitting mid round 1 I qualified all the way through to the final and won on my own.

Finally got one and I had to solo it :lol

seriosbrad

Oct 28, 2017
It's considered DLC, for whatever reason. It's only available to equip on the Steam version of the game. It'll work on the other versions once equipped, but once you unequip it you have to go back to specifically the Steam version to equip it again. (This also applies if you bought any of the DLC costumes on Steam, and presumably also any of the DLC costumes on PS4).

I tried launching the Steam version, but the outfit is not there either, cause the Epic login system has taken over the Steam version as well. Gonna contact fall guys support I guess. I want my shit lol!

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Are disconnections during games a common thing since the game just launched on EGS, or is it more of a thing on my end (playing it on my Steam Deck).

Really annoying when I'm doing well and end up getting booted.

I did end up getting first place on my second or third game which was totally unexpected! It was my first time being slow and methodical with the final hex hopping game. Everyone else must have been bad because I wasn't even doing it for that long before I won.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Are disconnections during games a common thing since the game just launched on EGS, or is it more of a thing on my end (playing it on my Steam Deck).

Really annoying when I'm doing well and end up getting booted.

I did end up getting first place on my second or third game which was totally unexpected! It was my first time being slow and methodical with the final hex hopping game. Everyone else must have been bad because I wasn't even doing it for that long before I won.
Played a few hours today and only got a single disconnection (Switch version). When it launched on PC / PS4 the servers were very unstable for a few days though so could be the traffic depending on your region.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Game has got much easier since it released on all platforms which is good because i sucked lol

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Nope the DLC is totally gone now regardless of what Epic account I use. It really sucks cause at the time of purchasing that DLC pack and unlocks I had, Epic Games didn't own the dev team yet nor did it require an Epic account to play the game. I just got shitty luck due to having a different Epic account tied to my PS4 due to Sony's refusal to support cross-play at that time for Fortnite. Oh well, whatever.
It seems to be an issue that others are also experiencing.

Per the Reddit post, your best bet is to send in a ticket with your Epic ID. Apparently support can see what you had on their side, so at the very least you should be able to recover the progress from your previous account.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Achievements like that are total bullshit. Especially for an online game where you can't even control the environment in which it occurs.

I would agree with this when Fall Guys originally launched but it's not as impossible as it used to feel.

- Squads Shows count toward the progress. Those are obviously a lot easier to win than a Solo Show so if your squad can win five of those in a row, you get the trophy.

- There are specific playlists that rotate in and out of the game that make it a lot easier. It can take some time but the Sweet Thieves playlist can be surprisingly easy to win five in a row.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
So uhhh my wife and I each downloaded this on our separate switches and…. There appears to be no way to play together? Is that correct? I can see her in the epic social menu but when I select her name there's no invite or anything.