• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised to see my PlayStation trophies help pop up my Xbox ones.

Still think winning 5 in a row is impossible

Honestly, there are a lot of people new to the game playing right now, it's not that hard to win currently for people used to the game. I just won a show while typing this message.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
And I found out not only is the game broken in all the ways the beta was, there's new bugs.

Why am I not surprised.

You can't move at the beginning of Freeze Peak unless you jump. Thr first ramp has a lip you can get stuck on and I think the fans clip through walls again.

I was pushing people over ledges in roll off and they were able to jump and dive while clearly over the edge.

Oh and this nonsense:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
CFXWFsR.jpg

Mother of god.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like that BP is now 100 tiers with demanding daily and weekly challenges to advance. I used to do one easy daily challenge before and end the BP so soon to gather crown parts. Now I need more time on this than Fortnite or other games I play. This is tooo much. That is the cost of going F2p, making it a hell for all to finish it without grinding so they are forced to buy tiers with real money. Yikes.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
jumped on for a session... my first in a LONG time and the games a LOT of fun, theres a lot of variety in terms of maps now too which is something the game really lacked at launch.

Had a blast on it and am glad I can load it up from my xbox.

Nov 27, 2017
California
First games felt like they were filled with dum dums so I wouldn't be surprised if they were bots

I'm having a lot of fan
Let's go for 100 players in the first game!

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
I must say having 56 challenge bars update when you finish a game is a bit much.

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
might sound like a silly question but how in the hell do i access my favorite costumes? i favorited my godzilla costume and now i cant find it. i've looked for the favorite option and i don't see it.
If I remember correctly they get moved to the top of the tab they're in, so they're the first ones in the list.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Just played for a few hours on Xbox
That was really fun
Already got 2 crowns on my first day. both on that game where the platforms rotate and you need to keep going back and forth I don't remember what it's called

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man by far one of the biggest quality of life fixes has to be the climbing animation being sped up. hated the old long ones.

Treythalomew

Oct 27, 2017
Believing me to be smart and reading this thread and seeing to login to original platform first, still wind up with my shit not transferring.
Then realizing the reason Epic has me with two Epic accounts is because of how it was all fucked up back when they added that to Fortnite.
Absolutely a great experience using third party logins for games, everyone loves it and its so cool to have.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
man by far one of the biggest quality of life fixes has to be the climbing animation being sped up. hated the old long ones.
Is the auto-grab ledges feature new to this season? Never noticed it in the options before, and it seems to work pretty well. Just wondering if it'll work when diving for ledges.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The new F2P monetization sucks. I got my PS4 stuff converted over, but feel like all the time I spent gathering and saving crowns for when there was something of interest was a complete waste and my progress was effectively reset. I'll play it every so often, but there's no chance I'm spending any money on it.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
The bug in squads in hunt games(eg hiopsie legends, bubble trouble, ski fall etc where the number of squads qualified doesn't update is still in.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
never played the new hexagon when i played the beta and didn't realize i'm better off running than jumping. freaking lost.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
I started playing again this week to get some stuff before it went f2p, made final rounds a bunch of times but never won.

This evening I finally get in, win my very first match. Yay for new players (many of them 8 years old, haha)!

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
never played the new hexagon when i played the beta and didn't realize i'm better off running than jumping. freaking lost.

Jumping can help you catch up, but you can also get caught behind a higher tile. The real key is to run forward more then left to right, very early the speed of the rolling can cause you to fall behind.

Victorsaurio and I had a couple of duos with that final and we were the last two left alive really early on and won easy since we had lots of beta practice.

Last edited:

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Victorsaurio and I had a couple of duos with that final and we were the last two left alive really early on and won easy since we had lots of beta practice.
yeah same happened to me. i was jumping like normal hexagon and then all of sudden it was just me and another bean left. didn't even see what happened.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
How exactly you earn Show Bucks? I've seen those "100" through season progression but other than that just spending actual money?

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot this wasn't always a free to play game since ps4 owners got it for free on launch anyway.

I haven't played in a few months now, and only really dipped my toes in occasionally before. They ever make a playlist that is just the normal game with all the different types of maps and games available, with the exception of no team matches ever?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does it still require an Epic account to play? I played it for a few weeks when it first released before any of that nonsense started.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any validity to the bot claim? It seems like everyone is winning at least once, oftentimes twice (including myself) and those numbers just aren't adding up

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot this wasn't always a free to play game since ps4 owners got it for free on launch anyway.

I haven't played in a few months now, and only really dipped my toes in occasionally before. They ever make a playlist that is just the normal game with all the different types of maps and games available, with the exception of no team matches ever?
i believe main no longer has team games.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know, there are no bots in this game. If it's easy, it's because the new players aren't used to the game yet.
good players lose perspective on how bad some casual players can be and they have been playing this game for months if not years. new players don't know how any of the maps work.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I completely forgot this was releasing today! Downloading on the Switch, hope the port is good.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
So I didn't log into my original platform does that mean all the cosmetics I earned on pc are lost?

Oct 25, 2017
good players lose perspective on how bad some casual players can be and they have been playing this game for months if not years. new players don't know how any of the maps work.
Fair, but I've also seen people post (here included) that they just won their first ever round. I'm pretty sure I lasted about 10 seconds during my first ever round in 2020, and that was after watching videos for 2 days.

Would sort of make sense from a retention perspective to have people win early on, you get less frustrated people dropping the game, potentially making you net more long-term players. Apparently Epic does this for other online games?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair, but I've also seen people post (here included) that they just won their first ever round. I'm pretty sure I lasted about 10 seconds during my first ever round in 2020, and that was after watching videos for 2 days.

Would sort of make sense from a retention perspective to have people win early on, you get less frustrated people dropping the game, potentially making you net more long-term players. Apparently Epic does this for other online games?
i actually don't like the fact that i'm getting too many switch and xbox players. don't want them quitting because vet players are trouncing them.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so i just checked and my ps5 fall guys account carried over just fine to my xbox account. made sure to link my accounts before the game released. it even unlocked most of all the achievements as well. for some reason it didn't unlock 4 easy to get achievements. can't wait to get the xbox only costumes and use them on my ps5. i checked just to be sure and the sony costumes were still on there.

edit: jesus this game feels so weird with an xbox controller. maybe i'm just so used to using the ps4/5 control that the xbox control feels less responsive.

Last edited:

LonelyGay

May 18, 2019
The game is a hot mess on the Switch, but on XSX and Ps5 it's running fabulously for me. Definitely my preferred way to play now on a beautiful 4K display.

JoanneAlley

alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2022
i'm honestly 100% certain that there are bots. It's especiall apparent if you try to play squad mode with randoms. Just had a match where around 20 players would simply not get out of the initial platform and would just walk around in circles. That's well beyond "bad casual players"