• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zac Dynamite

Oct 27, 2017
It might be genuine 'tactics' to some players, but I really detest players that use the grab function to hold players back from the finish line and/or as a way to cause people to fall off edges in elimination games. Such was the case with what I experienced in the final round Jump Showdown. We were all doing well and got it down to the final 4 and lasted a while on the 2 remaining tiles, another person falls off, one player grabs on to me and causes BOTH of us to fall off with the swirling thing knocking us both off. So this person also eliminated themselves with their stupidity. But I still found it very annoying.
Grabbing people in the area before a finish line should result in an instant elimination of the player doing the grabbing.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Pushing people off the edge in survival modes (like the snow ball ones) is absolutely hilarious. I've just started doing that and I'm addicted.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a group or single person to help with the Squad Wins and Squad Duo wins for the challenges. Tired of being let down by randoms. Epic username/PSN is: forgotten_eyes. Will be online in about 6 hours time.

My kingdom for some random squads (4) members that don't eat crayons. Got the solo, duos, and the hex ring one done quickly, spent hours with people that would get lost in a single-room house and struggle not to stick the controller up their nose.

I can hop on now for you two.

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
Grabbing is a mechanic in the game, you don't need to use it, but it's an option for players. I use it to disrupt and knowing when to grab can make it so you qualify or even win. I've grabbed players at the end of fall mountain and rolled the dice going down with people in fall showdown with grabbing. It's not even about winning anymore for me, knowing how much grabbing and disrupting players makes them upset gives me more joy than a crown does anyway.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
By some miracle I managed to get a Solo win after getting knocked out in the first round for 4 straight shows. And it was on Lost Temple, no less! I got the duo and squad wins with randoms rather quickly, but then it took me a 1.5 hours to get the Blast Ball win lol. I really hope they go back to the old Golden Glizzy challenge model though. Gatekeeping costumes behind a paywall is whatever, but making it more difficult to get any meaningful content isn't good for the longevity of the game.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
this is just a me issue but im not a fan of the theme for next season because the last season i played before the f2p change was season 4 so it's disappointing that we are thematically going back to something similar. i must say the levels look good although i just don't need more skins that will potentially have similarities to stuff i already have. shorter seasons sounds great though. this is a very personal issue to have at the end of the day though.

Last edited:

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Faster seasons has me worried. What's going to happen to the game if they put even less time into testing and bug fixing?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fucking hell getting the duos win and squad wins is gonna be like pulling hair. the additions of new players have made team construction abysmal. can't carry a team to the win if we can't ever get there due to bad teammates.

edit: squad win finished. thank god for hexagon and i managed to win duos thanks to lost temple. all i need now is solo.

Last edited:

Antoo

May 1, 2019
got my solo and duos wins. can't believe i ended up winning tail tag since it's by far my worst finale. got the entire costume though! wooo! ill never wear it but it's cool lol.

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
Reminder to anyone who's having to deal with SBMM:

You can circumvent it entirely by queueing with someone else who has no or very few wins. Make sure they're the party leader, then search for a game and you will get into a very easy match guaranteed. And yes, if you have two different systems with Fall Guys you can just queue with yourself, as long as you create a new Epic account for the other one.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
SBMM fucking sucks. I only have rank 30 and get paired with a golden dragon...
That means you're good
Reminder to anyone who's having to deal with SBMM:

You can circumvent it entirely by queueing with someone else who has no or very few wins. Make sure they're the party leader, then search for a game and you will get into a very easy match guaranteed. And yes, if you have two different systems with Fall Guys you can just queue with yourself, as long as you create a new Epic account for the other one.
This is very cheap, please don't do that

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
High MMR lobbies are near impossible to win, which means people with lots of crowns kind of get completely screwed with this event. I think getting one win this way just to get the clear isn't that big a deal.
i hadn't played solo in a while and holy crap was it mad sweaty. gonna be hard getting that solo win.

Blue Mage

Oct 29, 2017
Portland, OR
I know it's part of the game, but all the grabbing that has been happening recently INFURIATES me

More than once I've wondered if I should go upstairs and explain to the neighbors that my angry screams of "Get your damned hands off of me! What the hell is wrong with you?!" are not a sign of domestic violence or anything, just me playing a sweaty bean game, then explaining what a sweaty bean game is, lol. I don't think they can actually hear me; I get mad but not that mad

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Tfw you get the top placement in the first two rounds despite being placed at the back, but then get eliminated because of a team game -_-

Love this game, but still not a fan of the big team game types

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Solo - Jordan Game 6
Duo - Jordan Game 6
Squad - Jordan Game 6
Blast Ball - Lebron 2011 NBA Finals

1 and done with the first three, but choking for like 4 hours in blast ball. Lucky I like it, but I've lost over a dozen games being the last one.

Will Law

Feb 5, 2021
I hopped on the bandwagon late, and splurged on the battlepass last Sunday. I didn't really pay attention to when the season was over, but I see it's the end of August. Is this still a good amount of time to complete the pass? Does the progression slow down at higher levels as well? I've gotten up to level 30 so far so I'm hoping it won't get impossible.

I had totally sworn off battlepasses after getting way to OCD about them for Warzone, but here I am again, doh!

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Actually got a Duo win for the event (which means the other guy won the last round for us). Solo wins are pretty rare for me so I'm now stuck with one half of a skin. Yay.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
The XP to level up maxes at 660 per level really early.

Just do your dailies and weeklies and you will complete the battle pass in plenty of tim.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
I hopped on the bandwagon late, and splurged on the battlepass last Sunday. I didn't really pay attention to when the season was over, but I see it's the end of August. Is this still a good amount of time to complete the pass? Does the progression slow down at higher levels as well? I've gotten up to level 30 so far so I'm hoping it won't get impossible.

I had totally sworn off battlepasses after getting way to OCD about them for Warzone, but here I am again, doh!
The SP is rather quick to complete. I'm already 85/100 and I play regularly but not doing huge sessions either.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017

I think you should be more than fine as long as you keep up with the challenges. The season lasts for 90 days, and today is the halfway point with 45 days left. I finished a couple of days ago so even if you started today it would've been possible to complete it. Edit: Messed up the math a bit. The halfway point was at 35 days and the season was supposed to last 70 days, though they've since delayed the next season so it'll be 84 days total.

Progression stays the same once you reach level 20. From that point it's always 660 fame to reach the next level: https://fallguysultimateknockout.fandom.com/wiki/Season_1

By my calculations you have ~46,000 fame needed to complete the pass. The weekly challenges vary in difficulty but I think most people will be able to get 4,600 fame from it relatively easily. There's about 6 weeks left, so that's 27,600 fame from easy weeklies. That leaves you with 18,400 fame that you'll need to get from dailies (720 fame per day) and from just playing the game. With the dailies, it would take you 25 days to get the rest. It'll be even faster if you can do the harder weeklies.

Also, near the end of the season there's supposed to be a fame boost event that'll reward x2, x3, or possibly even x4 fame.

Last edited:

Mr. Gold

Jul 1, 2019
Actually got a Duo win for the event (which means the other guy won the last round for us). Solo wins are pretty rare for me so I'm now stuck with one half of a skin. Yay.

I did duo's, squad, than blast ball and then noticed after winning all of those that my solo games got a lot harder. I don't have a lot of time to play during the event so what I did was login during work and just auto lose between work tasks. Won on my second solo game, it was insanely easy. Not sure if this is frowned upon but I didn't have enough time to grind solo for the right combination of events and a bit of luck to take the crown

Will Law

Feb 5, 2021
I think you should be more than fine as long as you keep up with the challenges. The season lasts for 90 days, and today is the halfway point with 45 days left. I finished a couple of days ago so even if you started today it would've been possible to complete it.

Progression stays the same once you reach level 20. From that point it's always 660 fame to reach the next level: https://fallguysultimateknockout.fandom.com/wiki/Season_1

By my calculations you have ~46,000 fame needed to complete the pass. The weekly challenges vary in difficulty but I think most people will be able to get 4,600 fame from it relatively easily. There's about 6 weeks left, so that's 27,600 fame from easy weeklies. That leaves you with 18,400 fame that you'll need to get from dailies (720 fame per day) and from just playing the game. With the dailies, it would take you 25 days to get the rest. It'll be even faster if you can do the harder weeklies.

Also, near the end of the season there's supposed to be a fame boost event that'll reward x2, x3, or possibly even x4 fame.
Woah thanks for busting out the math on my question. Cool I'll just keep working on my dailies and weeklies to make sure I get it done. There are some skins at the end of the pass I want to get. And this is a lot more fun to play in the background than Warzone was during that grind.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Woah thanks for busting out the math on my question. Cool I'll just keep working on my dailies and weeklies to make sure I get it done. There are some skins at the end of the pass I want to get. And this is a lot more fun to play in the background than Warzone was during that grind.
No problem, I love doing math lol. The pass is definitely very doable and I'm glad they didn't make it as much of a grind as I had feared. Granted, it used to be much, much easier in that people used to finish it in like a day, but I don't necessarily mind them spacing it out by putting the focus on the challenges

That said, there are improvements that could be made. I played one game where getting the paid season pass came with +30% bonus XP, and I think something like that would be nice and encourage people to pay. Another problem is that you get pretty much nothing from playing after finishing the pass. They really have to bring back Kudos as a reward.

Why do some of the level unlocks not unlock when I level up?
Anything with a lock on it means it's part of the paid season pass, which costs 950 Show Bucks, or around 8 USD. If you decide to pay at any time this season you'll unlock all of the rewards that you've passed.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand

I got to level 100 really fast this time around. Do the dailies and weeklies and you'll get there in no time.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Man, sometimes the UI literally just doesn't work.

Lost a round, went to exit, hit X to exit and it just... brought me back to spectating. Circle is supposed to be to go back to spectating. X is to exit.

I must have done this 7 times before X finally let me exit.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
You all were making me worry about winning solo shows, but I managed to win one on my first try for the event?

My actual nightmare is Squads/Duos. I get paired with incompetent people 90% of the time and it feels like a miracle that I can even make it out of the first round, let alone win it all.

I honestly hate how there are missions tied to doing that. I don't find Squads/Duos fun at all since it's such a crapshoot.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Me and the bro managed to get a squads win yesterday with some semi-competent teammates. I managed to grab the crown in Lost Temple for the win! Just need to get solo and duo wins.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Thanks to a little experimentation brought on by two squad mates abandoning the team round 1 (and yet our team still made it through despite it being basically a duo at that point... I fucking hate Squads Show), I can confirm that the slime in Sum Fruit is constantly active even when its all the way down along the sides.

You're welcome.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
You all were making me worry about winning solo shows, but I managed to win one on my first try for the event?

My actual nightmare is Squads/Duos. I get paired with incompetent people 90% of the time and it feels like a miracle that I can even make it out of the first round, let alone win it all.

I honestly hate how there are missions tied to doing that. I don't find Squads/Duos fun at all since it's such a crapshoot.
Same. And even when you miraculously get good teammates, a single round of big teams games such as Hoopsie Daisy can destroy your efforts in a minute.

Edit: aaaand again the very next game. I hate Hoopsie Daisy so much.

Last edited: