• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 5, 2017
Glad I bought it over a month ago. 😂

In all seriousness, I'm fine with it. It's fun to play in spurts when you get the urge.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
MAP BUILDER IS COMING

LETS GOOOO

Edit: people should be able to vote on good maps that get added to the Main Show rotation and it means game mode droughts are completely solved

However map builder isn't coming with F2P, it does show they are still committed to the game though

Last edited:

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Can't help but feel like the popularity this game had at launch was a flash in the pan early pandemic and it won't really gain a strong foothold on new platforms.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Nice! will def play it on the Switch. Have it on the PS4 and PC but haven't touched it in quite a while. But portable? a few rounds in the toilet? I'm in.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I hope to God along with the launch is a brand new from scratch install for all versions that isn't the complete dumpster fire the game has been for the past year.

A ton of people bounced off of the steam and PS versions because of bugs, glitches, bad physics etc and things are 100x worse now then at launch.

Game has a serious player retention problem new platforms won't wolve long term.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This is great news. I've enjoyed the game a lot, but as someone who got it via PS Plus, it's always felt like a F2P game with the amount of microtransactions and virtual currency etc. that it has.

It's also the only thing I've really played from my PS Plus library in like 6 years, so I don't really have any need to sub to that anymore either lol.

Cross progress would be cool (is it there already, I dunno?) because I'd rather play on my Series S than PS4.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Oh shit I need 1 more trophy to platinum this. I hope it doesn't get screwed up. Omg

Anyone on PS need the trophy for winning as a group? I need that one!!

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Free third PlayStation Platinum stack.

Oh shit I need 1 more trophy to platinum this. I hope it doesn't get screwed up. Omg

Anyone on PS need the trophy for winning as a group? I need that one!!
You can't play on the old launcher anymore, but...

You can download the new launcher, it should autopop all your current trophies once it connects to the Epic servers. Then you can earn the squad trophy on the new launcher. Once you earned that, you can open up the old launcher, and it should unlock there too. Or at least that how it works for now.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want them to have native XSX / PS5 versions. The game looks so dull and blurry as-is on current gen.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Free third PlayStation Platinum stack.

You can't play on the old launcher anymore, but...

You can download the new launcher, it should autopop all your current trophies once it connects to the Epic servers. Then you can earn the squad trophy on the new launcher. Once you earned that, you can open up the old launcher, and it should unlock there too. Or at least that how it works for now.
How did you get 3 platinums from this game? Are you talking about the Playstation version?

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I bought the Steam version a couple of months ago thinking it'll get delisted. Color me surprised if they leave it up on the platform.

That being said, Fall Guys going F2P is very good news.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
How did you get 3 platinums from this game? Are you talking about the Playstation version?
Yeah. The released a new launcher due to Epic taking over the publishing. Those have new trophy lists. So there is the original list (only earnable if you already own Fall Guys) and then two new lists (EU/RotW). So now I have the original stack and the EU stack, and due to F2P I can earn them on RotW stack too. And than there even seems to be a PS5 stack coming.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Free to play won't help if they haven't figured out why they're experiencing so much churn. In fact it's a mistake as they will just end up wasting the only opportunity they have to revitalise the game.

Free to play needs to come with a number of revamped elements of the game that aim to address players retention. Opening the game up to a new audience where newcomers are going to see that you're already on season 7 will just push people away before they've even started.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Better start shelling out that $$$ for Kudos

Depending on how it's handled, I think this is a good thing. It sucks when something goes up in the shop that you really want and you need to try and grind crowns before it's gone.

Someone in the Fall Guys OT pointed out that the leak stated that along with this change, crown rewards would be more frequent. I think it'll level out but it depends on how expensive the premium currency is and how much (if any) you can get in-game.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Free to play won't help if they haven't figured out why they're experiencing so much churn. In fact it's a mistake as they will just end up wasting the only opportunity they have to revitalise the game.

Free to play needs to come with a number of revamped elements of the game that aim to address players retention. Opening the game up to a new audience where newcomers are going to see that you're already on season 7 will just push people away before they've even started.

I think a Map Builder is absolutely going to help with this, among a few other things if they do some more stuff

But how? Wasn't it 1080p@30fps on PS4? And close to launch it felt like it also had some kind of input lag.

Yeah I'd be surprised at that, there was definitely input laggy on PS4 at Launch

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

They're calling the new season "Season 1 - Free For All"