• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do they weight the final game differently over time?

I used to get Hexagone ALL the time.

Recently its been ALL Fall Mountain

Optmst

Apr 9, 2020
Crowns are for closers.

fzA5.gif

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
I think they will eventually introduce a way to buy crowns with the purple coins, so crowns will indirectly be for sale. But I hope they don't.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
What?
You'd rather pay real money for cosmetics then be granted enough fake money by playing the game to get them for free???
Do you just have money you like to waste or do you not enjoy playing games?
I'd want both options to be available. The majority of worthwhile cosmetics are crowns, and frankly not a lot of people have enough time to grind out wins over and over to get what they want and if I'm able to buy a pack of lets say beach related costumes I'd do it.

How is wanting to be able to pick what I wanna look like through purchasing a pack mean I don't enjoy playing games that doesn't make any sense. If it lets me support the developers then I will.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the battle pass levels way too slowly, seems like it would take forever to complete it? This doesn't seem like a game to 'grind'.

What?
You'd rather pay real money for cosmetics then be granted enough fake money by playing the game to get them for free???
Do you just have money you like to waste or do you not enjoy playing games?

I don't have the time to get everything by playing. I'd rather pay.

WalshyB

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Crowns should never be made purchasable imo. Will forever take away the reward of winning and devalue the whole feeling.

The reason this BR feels so good to win is because for once you actually feel rewarded for it.

People cry about how you should be able to earn everything through play and then cry for mtx when they can't earn it. Sad.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I think the battle pass levels way too slowly, seems like it would take forever to complete it? This doesn't seem like a game to 'grind'.

I don't have the time to get everything by playing. I'd rather pay.
If you don't have the time to play the game, then you shouldn't be paying for stuff either. I don't get this mindset. Games are for playing, not just things to spend infinite money on and not even put time into.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you don't have the time to play the game, then you shouldn't be paying for stuff either. I don't get this mindset. Games are for playing, not just things to spend infinite money on and not even put time into.

Obviously I play and enjoy it, I just don't have time to 'grind' it for hours.

Why shouldn't I be entitled to a skin if I want to pay for it? I actually lose money if I grind for something as opposed to spending that same time working to earn money. This only applies to extreme cases though, like I said, the battle pass is too demanding for the type of game this is.

I'm not talking about whaling here, or just buying things for the sake of buying them. But I'm not less of a Fall Guys fan because I played 20hrs this season as opposed to someone who plays it for 200hrs.

Nov 16, 2017
I haven't played Fall Guys yet, but if true that is good to hear. If it relies on wins, that sticks a bit more in my craw, though. Gears 5's Gears Coins system is my current champ.

Jun 5, 2020
Obviously I play and enjoy it, I just don't have time to 'grind' it for hours.

Why shouldn't I be entitled to a skin if I want to pay for it? I actually lose money if I grind for something as opposed to spending that same time working to earn money. This only applies to extreme cases though, like I said, the battle pass is too demanding for the type of game this is.

I'm not talking about whaling here, or just buying things for the sake of buying them. But I'm not less of a Fall Guys fan because I played 20hrs this season as opposed to someone who plays it for 200hrs.
There's still 38 days left to the season.

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
I haven't played Fall Guys yet, but if true that is good to hear. If it relies on wins, that sticks a bit more in my craw, though. Gears 5's Gears Coins system is my current champ.
There's one currency that you get every game no matter if you win or not (kudos), and then a currency you only get if you win (crowns). It's a bit agitating because the games are pretty heavily luck based, and despite being around level 30, I've only gotten a single win. It's a rather disheartening to see how many people on this forum just say 'git gud'.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
There's one currency that you get every game no matter if you win or not (kudos), and then a currency you only get if you win (crowns). It's a bit agitating because the games are pretty heavily luck based, and despite being around level 30, I've only gotten a single win. It's a rather disheartening to see how many people on this forum just say 'git gud'.
Got over 100 wins. It's not as luck based as people say. Though yeah, some team games can screw you like Team Tail Tag where you've kept your tail the entire time, but your teammates couldn't.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Crown skins should just be rotated into Kudos eventually, like Destiny rotates silver stuff into buyable for bright dust after a while.

I was gutted I couldn't get the EtG skin :(

Yeah, I hope they do that. With the new season, some of the skins that were crowns only, would become buyable with kudos.

I've saved up 10 crowns in case a skin I really like becomes available.