• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Little bit of both tbh.
you have Fortnite with both. Tetris 99 with connections.
I didn't mean it like that. Just that Nintendo game generally don't focus on online. This game is like from an alternate universe where Mario Party was a battle royale. Just looks and feels like a Nintendo-quality title to me.

Feels like Splatoon in many ways. Similar vibe.

To be fair, Nintendo already has a Battle Royale.. With more players!

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I normally loathe online multiplayer games, but took the jump based on recommendations and price and have been having a good time with it. Glad to see it's doing well.

Last edited:

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Gamepass has shown that games that 'hit' on the platform get bigger sales on other platforms even without crossplay. The positive word of mouth on social media + streaming really helps bring sales in. Why would PS+ be any different.
Still not sure how they are related. It makes more sense to believe that the beta keys/and twitch promo was more impactful for steam audience. Most streamers on this game play on pc.
Sony pay developers a lot of money to put games on PSN. I wouldn't be surprised if this was bigger on PSN than Steam.
They would have said that if it was. And on steam it's 20€.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
you have Fortnite with both. Tetris 99 with connections.

Feels like Splatoon in many ways. Similar vibe.

To be fair, Nintendo already has a Battle Royale.. With more players!

That's exactly the vibe I got from it. First thing I thought of, I was like, "wow, this could be a first party Nintendo title! It's so simple and fun". And Tetris 99 is genius.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the team! My wife has been playing it non-stop, i personally find it very limited and i can't see it having the same legs as Rocket League

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
They've got a hit on their hands, lightning in a bottle, very happy for them. Also a positive sign that this game will grow significantly in terms of content, and figuring out what games are well received and what aren't. I'm personally loving it.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Sony pay developers a lot of money to put games on PSN. I wouldn't be surprised if this was bigger on PSN than Steam.
Yeah but we would need 'receipts' for that because the game is only $20 on steam with regional pricing enabled. They sure paid them a ton of money but obviously they won't disclose it and these kinds of (indie) games are equally as bigger sellers on steam or close to it as compared to its PS counterpart.. take rocket league for example for which the devs said that both were close to each other and its growth wouldn't be there without the other.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If anything I think PS Plus helps indies a bit. Well desrved

Look at how Rocket League took off (amirite?) when it got onto PS Plus as well. Some developers seem to seriously benefit from their games being given away. The trick indies now need to discover is what the secret sauce is that enables a game to explode in this way.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
The only thing I want is MXC-style announcers commentating on the shit going on. It'd be amazing.

Huge congrats to the devs and to Devolver for the amazing success.

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I saw that game I thought "Who wants this? This is gonna flop hard" which is why industry analysts study my brain and use it to say the complete opposite of whatever I think.

Oct 30, 2017
Holy cow.

They have to be going on a hiring spree to get more post launch content. This series has so much more potential if they dedicate more resources.

Another 50+ days for the next season needs to change.. Or at least more content needs to be added sooner.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Well deserved. What a summer hit.

This game is a great party title. Just.. it's a little too warm right now to play video games. But I'll pick it up again when it cools down a little.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
How is ps+ involved with this? The game is not free on steam and there's no crossplay. If anything it shows how much people will pay on steam instead of playing "free".
I'm just speaking from my own experience here, but I've been playing it on PS4 since it launched thanks to PS+, had a blast with it and yesterday I convinced 3 other friends to get it on Steam, then I bought it on Steam to play with them too, that's 4 sales they got from my recommendation plus there's probably 4 or 5 other people in a WhatsApp group I'm in that I've persuaded into getting the game too. As I said, it's anecdotal experience but I can see the logic behind it now.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Imo, it's the feel good hit of the summer. I'm playing the game on PlayStation 4 and I've a lot of fun.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Gonna jump in when the Team/Party aspect gets a little bit more love (not jumping to your surviving team mates when you get eliminated, not easily identifiable who you play with, not that much difference to 1 player games, no squad feel) and when more games have been added.

Seems very fun, but also seems like there's still loads of potential in the initial idea. We'll see how the devs will support this one - my guess: Great!

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2mil on Steam alone? Woooow! Glad I could contribute :)

fun game and I even paid for it when I could've gotten it for free on ps+

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit no wonder their servers have been fried. 2m here and however many million have downloaded it on PS4…
Incredible success for them I hope they keep expanding and improving it.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to the team! My wife has been playing it non-stop, i personally find it very limited and i can't see it having the same legs as Rocket League

I've had fun with it, but I agree. Not enough content out the gate. Gets repetitive. I can see it dropping off pretty quickly if there isn't an update soon.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Gonna jump in when the Team/Party aspect gets a little bit more love (not jumping to your surviving team mates when you get eliminated, not easily identifiable who you play with, not that much difference to 1 player games, no squad feel) and when more games have been added.

Forgive me but I swear most of these aren't true. You do jump to spectate your surviving team mates. You get arrows above the your team mates. You always get teams with your surviving team mates.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Never heard of this, but I just watched the trailer and it looks right up my alley. Glad for the free PS+ copy.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
If they keep up making new maps and modes this game will be around for quite some time. Good for them!

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Very good numbers! But they need to implement an anti-cheat, and fast, because if not this is going downhill.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
God damn and that's with it being free on ps plus.

Game is super fun. They just need to sort connection issues

hopefully they are equipped to support this game in the future

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Forgive me but I swear most of these aren't true. You do jump to spectate your surviving team mates. You get arrows above the your team mates. You always get teams with your surviving team mates.

No worries - I watched a few streams and the Giant Bomb Quick Look and especially in that one it seemed like it wasn't the case. Especially the spectating team mates. And from that stream it was also very hard to see who played as a team. Of course you're gonna play with your surviving teammates, that is not what I was trying to convey - sorry if that was worded weirdly.

Good to hear that this stuff is already fixed or was never the case then.

I'll still wait a bit, but that makes the game already more attractive to me.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair I'm pretty sure that's referring to Fall Mountain, where you literally have to grab the crown to win. That's one of 3 final games, so assuming they come up about even in frequency, you could probably multiply that number by 3 to get total games/winners.
Oh! That makes more sense. I'd assumed there was a crown in each of the final games . . . But I'd forgotten about hexagone.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very well deserved! Hope to get to play it one day on Xbox or Switch. Streams are a lot of fun to watch on Twitch

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wow those Steam sales are way higher than I expected, I expected a million pretty quick, but 2 million in such a short time is impressive.

The ball really is now in the devs court. If they play things right, they could keep Fall Guys relevant for a long time.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
This honestly might be my GOTY so I'm happy to see it being as successful as it is. Mediatonic absolutely deserves it.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Really happy to see how well the launch went!

I hope they improve co-op soon because my friends and I ended up having a bad time when one of us failed to qualify. We ended up quitting of anyone failed so we could play together.

Excited to see how this title grows! I hope Devolver take investment seriously and support the devs and community.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Really happy to see how well the launch went!

I hope they improve co-op soon because my friends and I ended up having a bad time when one of us failed to qualify. We ended up quitting of anyone failed so we could play together.

Excited to see how this title grows! I hope Devolver take investment seriously and support the devs and community.

I'm not sure that there's a way around that. The games go fairly quickly so it's not that bad to just watch your friends if you fail to qualify.