• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Does it really have as much staying power as say Fortnite? From what I've watched of streamers, they are getting sick of some maps, hate others, already want new maps. Does Mediatonic have to keep pumping out content to maintain momentum?

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Off by a mere 6 million. I still don't get why you have so much interest in this website. The algorithm isn't reliable in any meaningful capacity.
I have interest in it still due to the fact that it has gotten some numbers right or pretty close to it, for games that are newly released and last but not the least that aside from the concurrent players and reviews but we dont have any official/unofficial metric to judge a game's success in detail but i guess since the types of threads that have usage of steamspy are not popular on Era due to many reasons and some are actually good ones, so i guess is should keep that for personal use only that pretty much is certain to me.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
$140m in revenue from Steam
When they crossed $50m, Steam took 20% instead of 30%.

May 19, 2020
It's one of the few battle royale games that I find genuinely fun...even if some of those team games are bullshit, lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Do companies make money from PS+? Does Sony pay them a certain amount for every download?
AFAIK It's a flat fee. PS+ is an enticing opportunity for multiplayer devs because just getting players in the door is a big part of the challenge for their game.
In this case though, I wouldn't be surprised if the game is driving PS+ subscriptions.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, what a huge success for devolver for signing this game. Congrats to mediatonic on the huge success as well. Worked out well for PlayStation as well.

Oct 30, 2017
Totally deserves all the success.. I rarely play Multiplayer games these days and there is no day that goes by without playing Fall Guys.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wow holy shit haha
That's pretty fantastic.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
$140m in revenue from Steam
When they crossed $50m, Steam took 20% instead of 30%.

Game's also sold on external sites and at a lower price than Steam. They're also pretty good with regional pricing. So I think it's a good amount less than 140m, but they definitely crossed that threshold, yeah.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
If I had known this beforehand I would've bought some Devolver stock lol.

Amazing results for an amazing game. Congrats to Mediatonic

Oct 27, 2017
Sony, MS & Tencent are probably having seperate meetings right now trying to find the right price to buy Mediatonic lol

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Congrats for the devs and Devolver.

I wonder how the money is split between devs and publisher.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Is it that good? 7 million copies moved levels of good?

I've watched some streams (when Tim got his first win) and it appears to be a game principally for children.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Meanwhile, at Mediatonic:

tenor.gif
Fixed that for you.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
My suggestion - community level editor. You'll get endless amounts of amazing content if you have a good filtering system and are able to find the gems to put in the rotation of a match.
Since it's Unity all they need to setup is a way to submit levels to them and that's about it.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
That's.... rather a lot. Probably way more than they were expecting.

It's a fun little game, no doubt. I got it on PS+, so I (arguably) got it for free, and it's been entertaining. I probably won't put a huge amount of time into it. I hope they can keep it fresh enough to keep it going for a while.

Kudos to the devs, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
No it's bad news, the publisher is sharing numbers because they are not good.

Come on now
I tend to associate that velocity of sales with 9/10-scoring, highly anticipated games, which this game has not struck me as in watching. I'm sure it's better playing than watching. I'll have to check it out further.

i believe he/she was asking if the game is that good for it to sell this many copies and not whether 7 million is good
Yes

Then I humbly suggest you are missing out based on wrong assumptions.
Yea. I thought people were playing it because of memes or something.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you'd think so. If they haven't started putting out at least some new content by the end of next week or so I'll start to worry.
lol. You know they already added something new (jump final) after launch right? I'm not expecting something new untill Season 2, and i think that'll be a late september/ October thing

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
lol. You know they already added something new (jump final) after launch right? I'm not expecting something new untill Season 2, and i think that'll be an October thing

It's a bit more nuanced than that. Jump Showdown was in the beta and removed, if I remember correctly, by error. So it doesn't entirely count as 'new' content.

My feelings are just based off listening to people. If nothing significant changes for 40 days it will have missed its moment. It will still be a huge success for Mediatonic of course, but we're in the window now where it can be massive for a long time, or not. Get this right and the studio can be printing money for years. But they've got a lot of work to do.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
It's a bit more nuanced than that. Jump Showdown was in the beta and removed, if I remember correctly, by error. So it doesn't entirely count as 'new' content.

My feelings are just based off listening to people. If nothing significant changes for 40 days it will have missed its moment. It will still be a huge success for Mediatonic of course, but we're in the window now where it can be massive for a long time, or not. Get this right and the studio can be printing money for years. But they've got a lot of work to do.
To be fair, people have been saying this since before it even came out and it hasn't really slowed down yet. I didn't think it would take off the way it did either with the limited number of minigames but it proved me wrong. I think most people can recognize it's a pretty small studio that needs a bit of time to scale up to support the level of success they've earned.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, people have been saying this since before it even came out and it hasn't really slowed down yet. I didn't think it would take off the way it did either with the limited number of minigames but it proved me wrong. I think most people can recognize it's a pretty small studio that needs a bit of time to scale up to support the level of success they've earned.

We will see. Personally I think the gaming audience is pretty unforgiving when it comes to this kinda stuff. It's the new hotness right now but it is in danger of being a fad.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Epic buys Mediatonic when?
Could happen. I just hope they don't buy Devolver Digital.

In less than a month, this has sold more units than:

Borderlands 3
World War Z
Metro Exodus
Satisfactory
Control
The Outer Worlds
and Untitled Goose Game.

Combined, on EGS, from sales across the whole of 2019.

playtracker.net

Here's how much the biggest Epic Store exclusives of 2019 sold - PlayTracker Insight

Sales estimates for the top Epic Store games, using data from the XBOX API and figures disclosed by Epic and publishers

This is a huge success, and yeah I imagine they'll be getting these kinds of offers.