• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Am I crazy for thinking this will be a thing? It seems built for eSports in many ways, just modify a bunch of stuff for a tournament mode.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im sorry i cant answer, i was just pushed into the pink goo

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no, but you might be crazy for other reasons. you may want to get checked out.

I'd like competitions for the game but I wouldn't want to hear about Fall Guys eSports or the Fall Guys meta or Fall Guys-only twitch streamers raging over minute details in one of the most enjoyable, goofy-ass games I've ever played. But it's popular as hell. So it'll probably go the eSports route. I just hope it doesn't forget about the casual fun that's to be had.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
There will undoutebly be some for fun tournaments, but this will never ever be a legit esport.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it really works on an esports kind of level because of how random and chaotic it is. Certainly room for events and streams, but I can't see huge prize pools being thrown around for a game like this.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It would be fun if they implemented the ability to choose all 60 people to queue up with, and get somebody who is funny to commentate. Then it would be just like watching Wipeout. But I doubt it will ever be a serious esport.

Fall Guys is one of the first games ever I've enjoyed watching people stream.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think so, and I also hope not. Fall Guys isn't a game that should be taken seriously to win, and shouldn't give up to it's random and chaotic gameplay. It's just a game about dumb fun.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I don't think Fall Guys has the long-term sticking power to draw in a legitimate esports crowd or money.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
This is not a competitive esport no lol. That's like saying "is snakes and ladders the next chess?"

It's a fun game and I'm sure there will be showmatches.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Am I crazy for thinking this will be a thing? It seems built for eSports in many ways, just modify a bunch of stuff for a tournament mode.
I don't really see how it's built for eSports at all. There's no different modes, no ranked, no custom games, spectating is extremely limited, it's a party game with a lot of random elements, etc..

There will definitely be some tournaments and events on twitch (like that Twitch Rivals thing oosted above), but not serious competition that'd you get from your mobas, rts, fps, etc.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
in a game where they demand you play on teams with randoms? hell no.

if they have a mode where every level is solo, then maybe.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
People say its random, but its really not. Most rounds play out the exact same way, there's already different tacticts for both solo and team games. If they split up games to Solo only or Team only I could definitely see it becoming a bigger competetive thing

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally think there's too much randomness for it to be ultra competitive.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not an esport but the game could REALLY use a squads mode with squad specific gametypes. Its very much a solo game despite being able to play with friends.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Love the game but other than doing a silly tournament for fun, it doesn't really have eSports potential IMO. There's not a whole lot of skill involved in the game other than maybe Hex-a-gone, and the team games can ruin a good run. Sure, there are tactics involved for some of the minigames, but it's nothing complex enough to justify making it an eSport.