• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/falcoon_master/status/1097747473659920384

The well known (and for some people controversial) illustrator is working again on SNK, as he said: "Everybody! I'm making a game with SNK!! It is in Osaka but that's fine! I'm not afraid of this! I'm screaming!!"

Falcoon was the main designer behind the characters of the Ash Crimson arc in The King of Fighters and also of the KOF Maximum Impact franchise. Sounds like this a new project... or is he coming back to the new canonical KOF title already announced for 2020?

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... Lets see how it goes. He didn't design Ash or any of the characters in Ash Saga, he just illustrated them. But then again, he was involved in KOF Maximum Impact 2 tho.

Lets see how this works, I like his ideas, but I dunno if he is good at making Fighting Games.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I was a fan until Maximum impact then he got a bit too outta hand, especially Blue Mary.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Falcoon has been here for a while now afaik

Tweet is taken a bit out of context. It's a follow-up to a RT about a recruiting event in Tokyo.
He is basically just saying "Hey you should all come work at SNK! It's awesome!" not announcing that he is working on a new game or anything.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
My hope for the next SNK game: Garou 2

Closest possibility: KOF XV (not a bad thing at all, though)

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017

Tweet is taken a bit out of context. It's a follow-up to a RT about a recruiting event in Tokyo.
He is basically just saying "Hey you should all come work at SNK! It's awesome!" not announcing that he is working on a new game or anything.

Well that makes sense.

I would love to work at SNK, but that might be impossible atm lol

Loona

Oct 29, 2017

I noticed there a relatively new @snk_recruit account on Twitter, although I don't recall if I found it through a retweet from Falcoon or another account - I guess if he'd mentioned that the context would be clearer.

Now if only there were an international/English counterpart...

OP
OP
Hayama Akito

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, yeah, without the context I didn't understand clearly (he should added the RT on his comment though), sorry guys.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I find it crazy as pervy as his stuff was, a lot of his MI2 costume designs were far FAR better than the crap we got with SNK Heroines. His recent art has been pretty good. I'm all for seeing what he has!
Gotta agree on his mi2 outfits, i cant recall the few that are bad outside of that dumb blue mary one.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty crazy how Falcoon went from fan artist to game producer at SNK. Guess he's just illustrating stuff now. :P