• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/falcom-president-teases-title-reveal-for-trails-series-15th-anniversary?
"The Trails of Cold Steel series is over, and naturally one of our challenges is how do we continue, while at the same time we want the next series to trace back the previous stories even for users who haven't played the Trails of Cold Steel series at all," Kondo said. "Also, while Trails of Cold Steel wrapped up in four titles, there is still a little more we wanted to do, so I wonder if we'll do some sort of two-pronged strategy where something can be done on that front."

Please no more Cold Steel. How could they not have done everything they wanted to do within 4 100+ hour games?!

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
At this point, I'm not touching this series until there is an entry with little to no connection to the previous games. I stopped at TiTS 2, which was good but way too slow for me. I'll be playing Ys instead.

Oct 29, 2017
From what I've heard about the 4th game, I'm ready for Falcom to move on from Cold Steel.

Why not a return to Crossbell?

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Four 100 hour games and they still couldn't manage to do everything they wanted? At this point I have to wonder if Falcom's writing team is full of hacks. Tired of defeating a boss but then needing to be rescued by other characters in a cutscene for the hundredth time. It made it feel like your party achieved virtually nothing in 2.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Sounds like they'll probably just end up doing what the Crossbell games did and tie up loose ends from the previous arc in the next one.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Four 100 hour games and they still couldn't manage to do everything they wanted? At this point I have to wonder if Falcom's writing team is full of hacks. Tired of defeating a boss but then needing to be rescued by other characters in a cutscene for the hundredth time. It made it feel like your party achieved virtually nothing in 2.
The writing team is more or less the whole company. So yeah, it's very possible that some guy has some idea that is not in the game yet.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Hehehehe, Cold Steel 5th. I called this shit months ago and now he's all but said it for real.

Let's just hope that Calvard or w/e is next doesn't bloat to Boat Arc proportions like Erebonia did.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
The Cold Steel arc is really killing my interest in the series, please just move on from it.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
"The Trails of Cold Steel series is over, and naturally one of our challenges is how do we continue, while at the same time we want the next series to trace back the previous stories even for users who haven't played the Trails of Cold Steel series at all," Kondo said.
Sounds like he's probably interested in a new sub-series that takes place in the same universe.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, they're going to pull a Sora 3rd huh? Sora 3rd being sort of being its own little thing while tying into Crossbell and Cold Steel was nice, but that was when it concluded a trilogy. Having five games in Cold Steel really is too much, especially with every subsequent game overstaying its visit earlier and earlier in their stories. I haven't played IV yet, but from what I heard it's super long for no reason.

I love Falcom, but they really got to learn about pacing and that quality > quantity in some cases. This has been such an issue with them lately, it's even crossed over into their other franchises like Ys VIII and Tokyo Xanadu, both feeling very unnecessarily stuffed in both playtime and padding. It's a shame to see this given that one of the reasons I got into Falcom games in the first place is because they were of decent length and had excellent pacing.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Wrap up any loose ends with a greatest hits finale before they move on to Calvard, starring the best characters from Sky/Crossbell/Cold Steel

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
if they wanna do something, great step would be localizing crossbell games

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017

Leave Calvard to me.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
While we've known for a while that Falcom wants to do Calvard as the next main arc, I'd be extremely up for a fifth Erebonia game, although considering Sen 4 ends on a message saying "Sen no Kiseki is completely finished" it would have to have a different name and would diverge significantly from the core plot of the previous four games. There's actually someone
Duvalie
who, as of the end of Sen 4, is in the perfect position to be the protagonist of her own game, but it wouldn't make sense for it to be a game in a new country.

At this point, I'm not touching this series until there is an entry with little to no connection to the previous games. I stopped at TiTS 2, which was good but way too slow for me. I'll be playing Ys instead.
Never happening. Its meticulous worldbuilding which builds upon what came before is one of the main draws of the series.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Trails of Cold Steel the 5th with the structure and pacing of Sky 3rd could result in the first good game in the Erebonia saga.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Move on kondo please...a new arc means also a chance for new fans to jump in:
Continuing cold steel prevents It imho

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
This could literally be anything, but after I finished Sen IV I definitely did say I really would like a 3rd-style game featuring a certain character to wrap up or address some of the plot points from all three arcs, not to mention laying groundwork for the next arc much like 3rd did, all while featuring most if not all of the playable characters from Sen IV. And this character is in a good position to do it too.

While I'm not expecting anything crazy like a game, it would be cool if they could pull it off. But I expect just something more akin to the confidential records that came with an edition of Sen IV, for the whole series maybe.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody cared about that game. Falcom themselves forgot about it.
Right, they care so little about it that the last Falcom Magazine, published 6 and a half years after Nayuta's release, contained a section talking about it and encouraging readers to play it.

I guarantee you 1000% that Falcom still remembers and cares a lot about Nayuta.

Last edited: