• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Faith No More posted this cryptic tweet yesterday.

It has been retweeted by Billy Gould and Roddy Bottum, and their official site has been updated with the same image and a countdown timer that will expire on Tuesday, November 26 around 2pm ET.

Could it be a new album?

Last edited:

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I liked Faith No More way back when they were big. Not sure what they would sound like now though. I'm open to it. Will be interesting to see what this actually is.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
?
Faith No More is considered a one hit wonder. At least in the US.
I would say that Faith No More is of such a status that they elevate one hit wonder. Sure, they technically only had one Billboard Hot 100 hit in the US, but their impact on music was huge, Angel Dust is widely considered one of the best albums of the 90's and the rest of the discography also isn't anything to scoff at.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I would say that Faith No More is of such a status that they elevate one hit wonder. Sure, they technically only had one Billboard Hot 100 hit in the US, but their impact on music was huge, Angel Dust is widely considered one of the best albums of the 90's and the rest of the discography also isn't anything to scoff at.
I don't get what we're arguing here. They were a one hit wonder, and my post in answer to the OP's question on there being interest was just in regards to my interest - plus this thread was made on Sunday and got no replies until he bumped it two days later.

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the US and always assumed they were a one hit wonder. In recent months though I did some digging and realized Mike Patton (the singer) is insanely talented and there were several other songs I enjoyed (cover of Easy, Midlife Crisis and Evidence).

Their also still pretty solid live from what I've seen on youtube. Patton sure is something else though lol.

Wish I would have discovered them sooner but alas I was but a pup in the 90s.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
They're even referenced as a one hit wonder in their Wiki page. lol

I seriously don't get why we're having this discussion. You can enjoy their music and look forward to a new album all you want. Nobody is saying otherwise.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Songs that get regular radio play. Hendrix has a ton, even today. Faith No More has one song that gets played.
Oh ok, so your definition is just arbitrary. Mine is defined as just one hit off one album and then they are never heard from again. That's not Faith No More. They had other songs that got airplay.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Oh ok, so your definition is just arbitrary. Mine is defined as just one hit off one album and then they are never heard from again. That's not Faith No More. They had other songs that got airplay.
A one hit wonder is not defined as a band that never gets heard from again or never has another song played on the radio. It's a band that had one hit song. Faith No More qualifies for that. Again, even their Wiki page refers to them as a one hit wonder. Why are we arguing this? lol

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
A one hit wonder is not defined as a band that never gets heard from again. It's a band that had one hit song. Faith No More qualifies for that. Again, even their Wiki page refers to them as a one hit wonder. Why are we arguing this? lol
We're arguing it because you keep hitting reply I guess? Wiki page or not, they had other top 100 songs.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
We're arguing it because you keep hitting reply I guess? Wiki page or not, they had other top 100 songs.
I keep hitting reply because people are quoting me saying they aren't a one hit wonder. Another song being in the top 100 isn't a hit. lol

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
They're not. Adding lol to your sentence doesn't make it anymore true.
Having another song in the top 100 doesn't make it a hit. Faith No More is a one hit wonder. Period. There is no need to get defensive about it. That doesn't mean they didn't have other great songs or albums. They had one major hit song.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
New song and new album in 2020 I assume.

Last album was like, damn, this was a shot in the arm rock needed.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
One hit wonders can have long careers coupled with strong and dedicated fan bases, guys. But they're still one hit wonders.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Having another song in the top 100 doesn't make it a hit. Faith No More is a one hit wonder. Period. There is no need to get defensive about it. That doesn't mean they didn't have other great songs or albums. They had one major hit song.
I'm not defensive about it, you are the one that isn't letting it go. They are not a one hit wonder.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hype!!!! IDGAF whether they are a one-hit wonder or not. They still sell out venues when they tour and have had a great, long career as a band. Bring it, boys. I know you still have some rocket fuel in the tank.

So excited.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
"One Hit Wonder" is often a term given to artists that appear out of nowhere to have a BIG single and then not be heard from again. It's often used to describe 'manufactured' chart music.

Faith No More are a career band who have never chased fame (not in the sense of a lot of pop artists anyway) and it's disrespectful to call them "One Hit Wonders" as it ignores the legacy of their back catalogue.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
They had one hit almost 30 years ago, so not really lol
Imagine being so insecure about your taste in music you need to have it validated by appealing to mass popularity and not still being in early high school. lol.

Apologies if you are still in early high school, you'll grow out of it. honestly.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"One Hit Wonder" is often a term given to artists that appear out of nowhere to have a BIG single and then not be heard from again. It's often used to describe 'manufactured' chart music.

Faith No More are a career band who have never chased fame (not in the sense of a lot of pop artists anyway) and it's disrespectful to call them "One Hit Wonders" as it ignores the legacy of their back catalogue.

They are a one hit wonder, A Flock of Seagulls had more hits than them.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Imagine being so insecure about your taste in music you need to have it validated by appealing to mass popularity and not still being in early high school. lol.

Apologies if you are still in early high school, you'll grow out of it. honestly.
How am I insecure about my music taste? I love Epic. Not being hyped for a new album from them isn't insecurity. Hell, I love 80's music, so I listen to tons of one hit wonders. lol