• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shillsetera libtrists @ kirbylars @ autodistract
Oh golly this site sure hates uncle Berndog so much it's transparent I have to ping them to answer their crimes.

Sad!

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Shit this thread made me tired and angry. I'm getting offline lol. Also, to the mods, could you please give the people who did meaningless drivebys warnings so they'll maybe think twice before shitting up another thread with Sanders in the title? They've successfully derailed every single thread that involves Sanders and it's toxic for actual discussion.

lol good luck. Remember a lot of these people were Hillary shills who still have a bone to pick with Bernier and his supporters for some reason. This site will never be able to have a reasonable thread about Bernie Sanders because the shitposting starts at page 1 every single time.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I find the timing of this thread crazy. My mother called me a little while ago and was asking what I thought about the candidates. At one point, she said how surprised she was to see "Bernie was now in second". I was confused cause I thought he regularly polled in second, but she had been led to believe that it's been Warren for a long while.

I didn't know where she got the impression Bernie has been polling low.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
haven't read the thread...argumen 1 what about rounding?

48-48 for warren, this be 48.4% to 47.5% - a .9 gap
and 49-48 for sanders be 48.6 to 48.4 - a .2 gap

show us the decimals!

(somewhat tongue in cheek, but also it could explain the ranking if it was actually a real ranking in a spreadsheet

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Are these the only mistakes that they've made with the graphics, or have there been other mistakes that disadvantaged other candidates or went in the opposite direction that simply weren't noticed or pointed out? Would anyone even care enough to point out if an MSNBC guest said something uncharitable about Joe Biden? My issue with interpreting this as proof of some secret corporate anti-Sanders agenda is there's no indication this comes from an objective overview of MSNBC's coverage and we all know there is a certain segment of Sanders supporters who are hyper-attuned to what they perceive as bias against their candidate.
Look who's missing in this California poll graphic. (She got 13%.)

D9Ii36RXYAAnDdJ

I have seen one other instance where it disadvantaged Buttigieg a few weeks later in the same manner but I can't immediately find a pic of it.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol good luck. Remember a lot of these people were Hillary shills who still have a bone to pick with Bernier and his supporters for some reason. This site will never be able to have a reasonable thread about Bernie Sanders because the shitposting starts at page 1 every single time.
I don't mind having discussions with people who have problems with Sanders. My problem is when these threads get flooded by drive bys who don't respond to questions and people going way off topic to shit on him effectively derailing the thread. It also doesn't help that some people have intentionally insulting attitudes towards Sanders supporters like we're republicans or some shit.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

D9Ii36RXYAAnDdJ

I have seen one other instance where it disadvantaged Buttigieg a few weeks later in the same manner but I can't immediately find a pic of it.
Damn skullmuffins you asked the wrong person lol

That's actually kind of interesting. I really want to know what MSNBC's process is for choosing important information for their graphics is.

Mr.Arrow

Dec 6, 2018
I honestly dont get why Resetera has a hate boner with Bernie Sanders. He's one of the most progressive candidates (second to Warren), and yet we have this shitposter claiming "bernie sucks and he will never win" type of mentality.

Nov 14, 2017
Threads like this remind me of Andrew Marr's interview with Chomsky, where he (Marr, a BBC journalist) seemed not only incredulous of the claims of Chomsky and Herman's propaganda model but actually seemed to have difficulty in parsing it. Someone operating with a concept of hegemony front and centre would probably look at the examples in the article and consider them to be expected and par for the course (which is not to say that it shouldn't be critiqued). Those operating without such a model, or who reject them, might call it a conspiracy, either earnestly or mockingly (Marr later referred to Chomsky as a "brilliant conspiracist", despite the "conspiracies" Chomsky raising in the interview being basically indisputable [the existence of COINTELPRO was one]).

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I find the timing of this thread crazy. My mother called me a little while ago and was asking what I thought about the candidates. At one point, she said how surprised she was to see "Bernie was now in second". I was confused cause I thought he regularly polled in second, but she had been led to believe that it's been Warren for a long while.

I didn't know where she got the impression Bernie has been polling low.
Around/after the first debates Harris and Warren both got boosted and polled pretty well for a week.

The thing is that the media loves a good narrative. Someone taking second place from Bernie is a story. Bernie remaining second place is not. So people would see headlines like 'Biden in the lead, Harris/Warren tied for third' which obviously leaves someone out.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

D9Ii36RXYAAnDdJ

This answers the question I had walking into this thread: does the piece single out inconsistencies of a single candidate because they only exist for a single candidate, or because the focus was placed upon a single candidate?

I have my answer now.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One reason for this is for people to choose perceived winner's instead. " I agree with Bernie but I don't think he can win"
Bernie's campaign wasn't perfect but I couldn't stand how people were so dismissive and scoffed whenever one dared broach this subject
Agree. As a kid, I thought people voted Dem strictly out of principle. '16 was surprising to me, there is a rabbid subset of team sport mentality. My FB feed was super ugly amongst friends lol.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This answers the question I had walking into this thread: does the piece single out inconsistencies of a single candidate because they only exist for a single candidate, or because the focus was placed upon a single candidate?

I have my answer now.
I think this is evidence towards a more complicated overall bias, but without more examples it still seems like Bernie is being especially targeted.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I honestly dont get why Resetera has a hate boner with Bernie Sanders. He's one of the most progressive candidates (second to Warren), and yet we have this shitposter claiming "bernie sucks and he will never win" type of mentality.
That's "Bernard" to them.

Yeah I don't get it either. I take more issue with his more vocal supporters, some in this very thread, but, while he's not perfect, I've never taken much issue with Bernie personally. He's a politician and I honestly do think he wants to make America a better place. Still favoring Warren though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GAF was one of the top referrers for Hillary's website in 2016. For whatever reason this community just has a lot of supporters of center-left politics (we're probably the only major site on the internet that does). Bernie's 2016 campaign shattered the myth that Obama-era third way politics is the only way we can possibly see ourselves moving forward. Obviously there's going to be resentment for breaking the myth.

Damisa

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Drive-by Trolling
Bernie fans are just sad at this point making excuses already. Can't wait until he loses and we don't have to deal with his awful fans anymore.

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a pattern without evidence of cause.
It becomes a "Very Serious Issue" if, for example, Sinclair Media was directing local stations to fudge Bernie's poll numbers or run hit pieces on certain issues. Oh wait, something like that actually happened, and there was evidence of it.

In regards of the topic of this thread - considering you have inserted "unpaid interns" as strongly implied evidence of cause but without a pattern (showing similar internship errors for other candidates) it can be factually concluded that you are not a very objective analyst but rather tendentious.

Deleted member 28076

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He's one of the most progressive candidates (second to Warren),
Bernie's absolutely not less progressive than Warren, unless you count being distressingly vague about what she considers Medicare for All to be and whether or not she thinks intervention with Iran is necessary to be progressive ideology.

I do get what you're saying, though. ResetEra and its predecessor were founded first and foremost as video game forums, and it's difficult to consider alternatives to something you already consider to be working, providing you the media you love.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
I also don't understand all the love warren is getting in news/online politics, but these same outlets and people hate sanders when warren is pretty close to Bernie on every single issue. I do get Warren is more right leaning than Sanders but it's honestly still pretty negligible. She use to support a more public option plan for health care for instance, but has since adopted Bernie's plan. Her college plan is another example where I think Bernie just has a better version, but people still seem to hate him and love her. Don't get wrong though, I would gladly vote for Warren over every other candidate except for Bernie.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I also don't understand all the love warren is getting in news/online politics, but these same outlets and people hate sanders when warren is pretty close to Bernie on every single issue. I do get Warren is more right leaning than Sanders but it's honestly still pretty negligible. She use to support a more public option plan for health care for instance, but has since adopted Bernie's plan. Her college plan is another example where I think Bernie just has a better version, but people still seem to hate him and love her. Don't get wrong though, I would gladly vote for Warren over every other candidate except for Bernie.
That perhaps points to the issue not being the message/policy but the messenger?

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, I was wondering when we would get the "Bernie or Bust" threat...
That's pretty ironic since most of the people who hold an anti-Bernie stance since 2016 are the ones who have been saying they'll vote for anyone but Bernie, whereas most Bernie voters won't mind Warren, Harris, or even Biden when it comes to voting against Trump.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
My mind goes: This happened 6 times? Well without data on how much they mess up their graphics on other candidates or just in general it's hard to nail this down.

All 6 errors trended him downwards? Okay, this seems like a problem.

They never offered corrections even when it's brought to their attention? Something's not right.

After watching the "skin crawl" clip and seeing no one on the panel challenge such a unprofessional, unsupported statement, I'm starting to believe there is an atmosphere and momentum at MSNBC leaning against Bernie - whether intentional or not.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, I was wondering when we would get the "Bernie or Bust" threat...

This in no way is a Bernie or bust thread.

That's pretty ironic since most of the people who hold an anti-Bernie stance since 2016 are the ones who have been saying they'll vote for anyone but Bernie, whereas most Bernie voters won't mind Warren, Harris, or even Biden when it comes to voting against Trump.

The projection is strong, unfortunately.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
That perhaps points to the issue not being the message/policy but the messenger?

I have a hard time believing someone that loves Warren, but hates sanders can point to a good reason they don't like him over her except that he an old white man, and they hate people that support him because they are too vocal or obnoxious. Which is fine I guess, but I still don't understand the vitriol the dude gets.

I know why mainstream media and corporations like her more than Sanders, she is much less threatening to them than Bernie, who does nothing but pick fights with the establishment. A normal person that's a "progressive" though should be into both of them unless you are really scared of taxes going up and see Bernie as the boogeyman.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It's something I think about a lot. If we assume they're being smart in that choice, it must be because foriegn policy is way more important to those people than they talk about publically. But they could just be dumb, falling for meaningless tribal signifiers that wouldn't reflect in their governing.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
It's something I think about a lot. If we assume they're being smart in that choice, it must be because foriegn policy is way more important to those people than they talk about publically. But they could just be dumb, falling for meaningless tribal signifiers that wouldn't reflect in their governing.

I'm not sure what you mean about foreign policy, I actually think this is Warrens biggest issue as a candidate, and that Bernie is much better about this than he was in 2016. Just look at the Yemen bill he got approved then vetoed by Trump for instance, or his stance on Palestine. He's gotten so much better in this field than he used to be.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling some people hate Bernie so much at this point that they would take Trump over him.

He's the bitch eating crackers to some people.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling some people hate Bernie so much at this point that they would take Trump over him.
I've seen a "I will never vote for this man" response in a different thread but I just can't believe it. There's no way you could hate Sanders so much that you would not vote assuming you're already a guaranteed voter.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I have a hard time believing someone that loves Warren, but hates sanders can point to a good reason they don't like him over her except that he an old white man, and they hate people that support him because they are too vocal or obnoxious. Which is fine I guess, but I still don't understand the vitriol the dude gets.

I know why mainstream media and corporations like her more than Sanders, she is much less threatening to them than Bernie, who does nothing but pick fights with the establishment. A normal person that's a "progressive" though should be into both of them unless you are really scared of taxes going up and see Bernie as the boogeyman.
You're getting hung up on the wrong thing. It's not about being "progressive". It's about being a leftist.

Every single candidate in there* will proudly proclaim that they're "progressive", but that's just a half measure. Bernie is the only candidate who's actually attacking the issue at the core of all of the country's problems: capitalism. E.g. he's talking about ending private health insurance companies, not acquiescing to them or leaving them out there as an "option".

Warren is a progressive technocrat to the left of the other candidates, sure, but she's a half measure - that's why center-left people feel comfortable backing her and then turn around and attack Bernie. Warren is the candidate that's closest to being a leftist without actually being one, so she's a great pick for people who wanna pretend they're leftists but haven't actually been radicalized yet. They don't want the real deal, which is what Bernie offers and the only thing that actually threatens the people who put us in this mess in the first place.

That's why there's such a huge discrepancy in how some people treat Warren and Bernie, even though, theoretically, they're "close". Truth is: they're not.

* Not Biden :P

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I don't like him because his policy isn't half as fleshed out as Warren, his campaign hires give me no hope his cabinet won't be just as full of ass kissing sycophants, and personally I think he comes off like a jerk any time he's caught off guard especially when he catches heat for something he deserves to catch heat for

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're getting hung up on the wrong thing. It's not about being "progressive". It's about being a leftist.

Every single candidate in there* will proudly proclaim that they're "progressive", but that's just a half measure. Bernie is the only candidate who's actually attacking the issue at the core of all of the country's problems: capitalism. E.g. he's talking about ending private health insurance companies, not acquiescing to them or leaving them out there as an "option".

Warren is a progressive technocrat to the left of the other candidates, sure, but she's a half measure - that's why center-left people feel comfortable backing her and then turn around and attack Bernie. Warren looks like a leftist, so she's a great candidate for people who wanna pretend they're leftists but haven't actually been radicalized yet. They don't want the real deal, which is what Bernie offers and the only thing that actually threatens the people who put us in this mess in the first place.

Exactly.

Oh btw I pmed other mods about the drive-bys and the trolling that derailed the thread but I think I caught them right as they logged off. Do you mind taking a look at the thread and possibly issue some warnings to discourage some of these posters from bombing Sanders threads with off-topic bullshit?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm not sure what you mean about foreign policy, I actually think this is Warrens biggest issue as a candidate, and that Bernie is much better about this than he was in 2016. Just look at the Yemen bill he got approved then vetoed by Trump for instance, or his stance on Palestine. He's gotten so much better in this field than he used to be.
I was thinking about liberals, who I assume make up most of the absolute despising of bernie but have no problems with warren.

I don't know many actual socialist left people who strongly hate Bernie compared to warren. I know some put warren slightly ahead of bernie, but haven't heard them so strongly prefering that.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MSNBC do better. Bias against any candidate is not a good thing and when it gets called out, hopefully it leads to it happening less. Also Era do better. This thread is a shit show.

MSNBC is owned by Comcast. They might be "left-leaning" but their bread and butter is always going to be neoliberal and pro-corporate. This is why I distrust TV news. If Bernie is an actual threat they'll shank him as hard as FOX would.

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
I assume a lot of the hate came from the quick spread of Bernie Bros articles? I feel like a lot of people were suddenly more vocally anti-him within the liberal party after that. Mixed with the fact that Clinton lost and so many people looked anywhere but her to point the finger of blame, seems like a good foundation of "hate". As for things like constant small tweeks in news reporting/graphs, while I get that people can call some things paranoia/conspiracy theories, it's like people forget that the DNC e-mail leaks happened.

I say all this as someone who never really got on the Bernie train. It seems easy to be able to have valid opinions against him, but so much of it comes off as petty drive-bys (generally speaking, not even just here) instead.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017

Warren is a progressive technocrat to the left of the other candidates, sure, but she's a half measure - that's why center-left people feel comfortable backing her and then turn around and attack Bernie. Warren looks like a leftist, so she's a great candidate for people who wanna pretend they're leftists but haven't actually been radicalized yet. They don't want the real deal, which is what Bernie offers and the only thing that actually threatens the people who put us in this mess in the first place.

Oh for sure, I 100 percent agree, but I don't think the average person that watches politics actually knows that much about the 2. I know the corporations do, MSM included, I just get frustrated because most people don't understand the differences, on a surface level, Warren and Sanders are very similar. Someone like me though who really stands behind what Bernie represent would point to that as being the reason I think he is far and away the best.

I guess this is the nuance between the 2, I don't expect the average voter to know that, or give a detailed response on why the systemic change Bernie represents is a bad thing, unless they are wealthy of course. My use of progressive is mainly pointed at people who say, yeah free college and universal healthcare is good, but I just hate Bernie and love Warren.

Last edited:

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Except, Corbyn deserves all the ire he gets.
I'd take Bernie over Corbyn any day.
But, this is way off topic now.

Neither one are a conspiracy.

Oh come on. Again you don't have to like Corbyn (I am no fan of Labour), but if you live in the UK you have to extremely partisan not to recognise he has had an extremely bumpy ride given to him by the press. The whole 'unelectable' narrative was extremely bizarre.

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point the DNC/neoliberal machine is by far a bigger threat to democracy than Russia ever was or could be.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point the DNC/neoliberal machine is by far a bigger threat to democracy than Russia ever was or could be.
There are soooo many bigger threats to our democracy than Russia. The outrage should have been entirely focused on disenfranchised black voters and voting machine security. That shit's easily provable and doesn't require a large web of suspects that are impossible to extradite.

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

no but look, its all about voting in the same people who brought the dnc to their knees, saying bernie is uNeLeCtaBle and then blaming him for corporate dems failures. it all makes sense in some twisted minds

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Bernie fans are just sad at this point making excuses already. Can't wait until he loses and we don't have to deal with his awful fans anymore.

Huh? There is proof on the number of hit pieces he have received than other candidates. MSNBC had a guest that literally said Bernie makes her skin crawl with no facts and made a lot of blanket statements that went unchallenged. Why do you feel this way again?