• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Some people seem to be under the impression that the "Bernie makes my skin crawl" comment from Mimi Rocah was a one-off when it comes to the egregious news reporting by the network, but FAIR makes it clear in their critique of the network that the bias against Sanders by MSNBC has been well-established at this stage of the primary cycle:

When MSNBC legal analyst Mimi Rocah (7/21/19) said that Bernie Sanders "made [her] skin crawl," though she "can't even identify for you what exactly it is," she was just expressing more overtly the anti-Sanders bias that pervades the network.

The hostility is so entrenched, in fact, it seems to have corrupted MSNBC's mathematical reasoning and created a new system of arithmetic. The cable news network has repeatedly made on-air and online mistakes about Sanders' polling and other numbers—always to his detriment, and never with any official correction.

Some examples from the article:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. 49 < 48
Result: Sanders goes from second to "fourth" place.

MSNBC made a handy graphic for a poll on July 7 that showed 2020 match-ups against Trump among Democratic voters. The list was in descending order of candidates' polling numbers—except for Bernie Sanders, whose name is placed under Warren's and Harris's, though he polls higher than both of them. (If the list is ordered by the margin between the candidate and Trump, Sanders would be in third place, behind Harris.)

MSNBC-Math-2020-Matchups-768x433.jpg

2. 5 >7
Result: Sanders goes from second to "third" place.

Lest you think this was an isolated incident, MSNBC's Steve Kornacki placed Sanders' name below Warren's on July 15, when he was "reporting" on a poll put out by the Washington Postand NBC (MSNBC's parent company.) Once again, the order of the names is descending by poll numbers—except for Bernie Sanders', which is, once again, placed below where it should be. This time, Sanders is placed below Warren, though he polls higher than she does (both in the percentage who say they would vote for each candidate and the spread over Trump). This same order is used in the online story's headline (7/14/19), which says, "Trump Trails Biden, Warren and Sanders in New NBC News/Wall Stree Journal Poll."

But it gets worse. It was misleading to have Sanders' name after Warren's in the graphic, but an absolute error or lie to say Warren was second, which Kornacki, who was talking about a poll conducted by his own company, did. I had to re-watch the video to make sure I wasn't missing something, but Kornacki does indeed say (at 1:09): "Elizabeth Warren, she's been running second place, she is running second place on the Democratic side. She leads Trump by 5 points." Then Kornacki shows the person who is actually in second place and says, "Bernie Sanders, he leads by 7 points."

4. 25 = 28
Result: Sanders goes from first to "second" place.

After an April Monmouth poll showed Sanders polling at 27 percent among non-white voters and Biden polling at 25 percent, Velshe and Ruhle (4/29/19) showed a graphic which somehow added three points to Biden's numbers, putting him in "first" place.

MSNBC-Math-Nonwhite-Voters-768x435.jpg

MSNBC-Math-Monmouth-768x269.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Source:

There are more examples in the article, so check it out if you're interested, but I think we're beyond the "conspiracy theory" phase of the conversation at this point. The facts are right there. The question is, is anything going to be done about it? Probably not, but at least there's a mountain of evidence to reference for those who don't keep up with MSNBC's shenanigans.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Corporations own the mainstream media and the Democratic Party. No surprise, yet again, that all things aren't equal when it comes to the Dem Primary Process.

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
The hate for Bernie and what he stands for is at an all time high. I just don´t know if his campaign will be able to overcome everything to get the nomination. :(

OP
OP

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Corporations own the mainstream media and the Democratic Party. No surprise, yet again, that all things aren't equal when it comes to the Dem Primary Process.

Personally, surprise has nothing to do with it. It's all the Bernie haters being dismissive when it was clear what was happening the whole time.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ber
The hate for Bernie and what he stands for is at an all time high. I just don´t know if his campaign will be able to overcome everything to get the nomination. :(
Bernie is yesterday's news and has lost a huge chunk of his 2016 coalition to Warren who consistently polls higher than him.

Is it corporations who make Bernie fans from 2016 switch to Warren in 2019?

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit fucking sucks. People label you as a conspiracy theorist when you say that the media hates Sanders but when you show evidence it's immediately ignored.

OP
OP

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Word of advice, I tried this line of dialogue on the "other site" and was ganged up on. Bernie is not well liked around here.

Oh, I'm very aware, but at this point I couldn't give two shits about their hatred for the man

Okay... so what does that have to do with this thread?

Oh, trust me, I will be reporting folks this time. Not gonna have people shitting up my thread with their petty antics.

Yep. I'm done letting petty assholes gaslight me about the blatant behavior. It's not a conspiracy theory when it's a demonstrable pattern.

PREACH

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Comcast owns MSNBC.

Comcast is giving money to Biden's campaign.

Not really much of a red herring there.

OP
OP

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Bernie supporters are getting their excuses for losing the nomination ready early, I see.

Not everything is a conspiracy - lots of people just don't like Bernie that much, especially since multiple candidates are running that can give us Bernie's platform without Bernie's baggage.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I feel like it's weird when people get super excited about candidates and think theyre the hit shitm while at the same time calling the 2nd highest polling candidate yesterday's news and other names.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
It is undeniable that his coaliation is much smaller this cycle than it was in 2016, yes?

His donations are way down and his polling is a lot weaker overall.

I do not see what point you are trying to make here.

I mean, theres more people this time around. Of course it's gonna be more split. He has by far the most cash on hand out of all candidates.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
It is undeniable that his coaliation is much smaller this cycle than it was in 2016, yes?

His donations are way down and his polling is a lot weaker overall.
What polls? Ones that deliberately poll people who would never vote for him? Love when people bring up polls but can't even be bothered to post the polls.

FILE_ID.DIZ

Banned
Jun 1, 2019
Fort Wayne
The Bernpression complex continues.

He's not going to be the nominee. Deal with it and stop blaming everyone but his finger-wagging sexist ass, bruh.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Bernie supporters are getting their excuses for losing the nomination ready early, I see.

Not everything is a conspiracy - lots of people just don't like Bernie that much, especially since multiple candidates are running that can give us Bernie's platform without Bernie's baggage.
Imagine thinking any of this post is true.
if any other candidate would be running on Bernie's platform the media would treat them the same.
and what baggage exactly?

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's weird when people get super excited about candidates and think theyre the hit shitm while at the same time calling the 2nd highest polling candidate yesterday's news and other names.

Did Biden drop out or something?

Edit: Guess it depends on which day you check the polling aggregate.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This isn't excuses so much as pointing out a pattern that MSNBC is creating charts with wacky ordering in order to give an exaggerated appearance of Sanders weakness.

OP
OP

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Tell that to FAIR, unless you're accusing them of being Bernie supporters?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's a lot going on here. Like surely these aren't intentional. But man do they only seem to be only negative for Bernie

Reminds me of this incident from Zerlina Maxwell on his first fucking announcement speech. Where she claims it took him 20 minutes to bring up race or gender. Of course, she was wrong here too, but why is msnbc so consistently not good?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking any of this post is true.
if any other candidate would be running on Bernie's platform the media would treat them the same.
and what baggage exactly?
Elizabeth Warren is running on a platform on the left that is even stronger than Bernie's when it comes to having real policy goals outlined from the left and is even stronger against corporations than Bernie is.

So where is the corporate conspiracy against her?

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
love too normalize the fudging of stats on broadcast news when it's about a candidate you don't like