• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What kind of face mask are you wearing?

• I wear mask with no design

Votes: 590 68.2%
  • I wear clothe mask with design

Votes: 239 27.6%
  • I don't wear mask

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Don't do port . Exhaling air is released mostly through the port and even distributed further then without mask. And port doesnt not filter exhaling air at all.

Filter for what? Mask are for reducing your exhaling air distribution. KN95 helps you as well , but don't do KN95 with port. That is just plain selfish.

I'm talking about homemade masks that are basically a piece of cloth. People are supposed to use the disposable filtering layers inside them, but most people I've seen don't.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
So far I've been provided with masks at places where required/preferred. But I know this a luxury I shouldn't be taking for granted, so currently looking to buy some online.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
My wife sewed one with elasticated parts to fit around my ears and a pocket for a filter and she sewed a tiny triforce on there to let me know that it's my mask!

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
This one that is made out of some kind of neoprene-ish material. Ordered it online from some lady who makes them here locally.

C0Vb4SR.jpg

EDIT - Link for anyone who is interested in ordering one: https://myshieldmasks.com/

Last edited:

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
12 people don't wear a mask at all...
I hope you walk around in a bubble like bubble boy, or you're putting people's lives at risk because of your possible stupidity.

Ketchup

Nov 5, 2017

this is what I'm wearing today. One of my own designs that I make and sell. Got some super colourful designs but I like to wear something a bit more subtle. So from a distance it looks like a pattern but close up filled with my characters.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I was wearing a normal surgical mask but I just got these Toronto Maple Leaf masks which are pretty cool.

shop.realsports.ca

Maple Leafs Youth Cloth Face Covering 3-Pack

Cover up while you represent your favorite team in this Toronto Maple Leafs face covering! Proceeds from the sale of licensed face coverings through Real Sports Apparel will be donated to Second Harvest Canada. Second Harvest is the largest food rescue organization in Canada and a global thought...

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People can be so unbelievably selfish.
Yeah.. it's no joke..you save lives by wearing a mask, and with confirmed re-infection happening..it's the wisest, smartest thing to do.
I've seen a couple people say they don't wear a mask because they already had Covid.. they were rightfully derided... and in the end, they got it again 3 months later and actually required a stay in the hospital the second time.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i make masks with just random fabrics i get from joanns or fabric sites that have anything that looks nice.

i don't need any tentacles growing off my face anytime soon.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
I'm talking about homemade masks that are basically a piece of cloth. People are supposed to use the disposable filtering layers inside them, but most people I've seen don't.

They do their job well enough.

Mask should only reduce your exhale flow in order to minimize the area which is affected by drobblets from you exhaling.
Exept in a medical environment. There people should wear KN95 to protect themselves.

The Pot

Oct 25, 2017
TN
Plain surgical mask most of the time, but sometimes a homemade one made from a tshirt with space stuff on it.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
i have a few that i use dependent on context of my activity.

just running out for a walk or a trip to a small store? cute cloth masks a friend made or a disposable medical mask.

doing laundry or going to the grocery store? KN95.

at work? heavier duty cloth mask with filters.

in the city where im going to be around and interacting with a ton of strangers? 3M half-mask respirator with P100 filters.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
My mom made the two that I wear the most, and also made one for my 2-year old which is very cute. They're not really "designed" but they have colorful fabric. I recently just bought a 5 pack of simple black ones to rotate into my lineup because I've been revolving the same 2 masks for... 5 months.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have two patterned cloth ones, but most of the time I just use plain storebought ones. I don't do laundry nearly often enough to always have access to my colorful masks. And no, I don't want to own like seven of them, that's overkill.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Bought a pack of these a little while ago. 3 face masks for $22CAD. Not a bad price and they feel great to wear.

Face_Covers_M_L_3_Pack_Black_H08837_21_model.jpg

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
At first I was making them out of tshirts, but then my parents sent like 200 plain ones from Japan so now I just wear those.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I have a simple, monotone cloth mask. The simpler the design, the better, as it makes it much easier to wash or store. All these masks with extra three-dimensional shapes added on top (like that Gundam mask) seem like legit awful ideas.

EDIT: To clarify, patterns are totally fine. It's the complex, non-cloth masks that I think are defeating some of the purpose of wearing masks.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I made some cute cotton ones. But I love the imaginative designs, we're stuck wearing these for a long time why not have fun with them? But personally I'd stick with ones I can wash easily.