• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Facebook Pay will be available in the settings section of the Facebook or Messenger apps, and it will support most debit and credit cards and PayPal. Facebook is using Stripe, PayPal, and others to process these payments.

Facebook isn't revealing exactly when this payment system will be available across all of its apps, nor when it will launch internationally. Facebook Pay comes just weeks after a large number of payment companies dropped out of Facebook's Libra project. PayPal, which is supporting Facebook Pay, was one of the first companies to distance itself from the Libra Association, the nonprofit organization that oversees the creation of the cryptocurrency and its rollout.
Literally if I use PayPal to avoid giving places my info already... Facebook would be one of the places I'd avoid giving info to. So no, I would never give them access to my PayPal.

Honestly, I have to laugh at one of the least trustworthy bloated tech companies asking for more info.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
mrrobot-ecoin-is-here2.jpg

We Mr. Robot now.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, remember how they sold the Switch last year on FB MarketPlace? Was it $200?

You damn well know they are gonna have some Switch/Switch Lite Black Friday week madness and the con is you'll have to use Facebook Pay.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
All the boomers are going to love this.

On a serious note. I don't know how anyone can trust FB.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean I do pray if this does happen someone goes Mr.Robot on their ass.

Oct 28, 2017
I like that more services are making paying a lot easier. It's crazy to think how much harder it was to move money around just a few years ago. Stuff like Venmo and Apple Pay are great. This seems mainly useful for doing the same thing in the messaging apps.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
FB sucks but I guess it will just be an easy way of paying friends and family. No way Im using it though.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been using Messenger Pay for a while and it's pretty great -- has historically been faster and easier than wallet-based systems.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
0 fees and instant transfer. It's been my preferred for years now.
Yup, it used your debit card to directly transfer to/from when other companies were either trying to charge you for the luxury or forcing you into archaic ACH.

It's really slick and honestly I still use it whenever I can.