• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Funny thing the whole reason for separation of powers was so the executive could not have such sway. But the Founders didn't predict hyperpartisanship.

McConnell is playing a poor hand here as well. Trump is not popular.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The house is starting to creak, and the floor is now even sagging in spots. When the whole thing will collapse, nobody knows yet. Could be tomorrow, could be next month.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
My aunt's flying here out of LaGuardia and she got caught up in this. 36 planes waiting to taxi and lift off. So they're just waiting in the plane at their gate.

Smfh, all onTrump and McConnell

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Ahhh I see another none-hot take here, great contribution to the discussion.
sorry, i call a spade a spade and i call out bullshit when i see it.

there is 0 reason for the dems to cave. Trumps polling numbers are tanking hard, polling is showing the public blames him and republicans more than dems. And to teach these idiots to never threaten a shutdown again. so unless you have some actual facts to backup your shitposting, kindly stfu.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This country is falling apart, and it's all because of a handful of Republican monsters who possess no capacity to act for the benefit of others except for dying.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which will probably get tied up in courts and give Trump an out while continuing blaming the Dems.

No u.

Yeah it might but the Dems latest proposal is to give Trump administration 7 billion for a "smart wall"

Which part?

Hey man I never blamed the shutdown on the Dems, it's 1000% Trumps fault, I'm just saying that I think the Dems will cave in some way to Trump.

Well let me explain, the Dems latest proposal is to give Trump administration 7 billion for a "smart wall", without even asking for so much as temporary protections to Dreamers. This is literally giving the Republicans everything they want without giving Trump bragging rights about building a wall. It's a shitty deal with literally NOTHING being given back to the Dems aside from ending the shut down.
This leads me to believe that the Dems are feeling more pressured to end the shut down than Trump is.

I hope I'm wrong though.
Where the fuck do you get your news
That's not the Dems proposal at all

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
sorry, i call a spade a spade and i call out bullshit when i see it.

there is 0 reason for the dems to cave. Trumps polling numbers are tanking hard, polling is showing the public blames him and republicans more than dems. And to teach these idiots to never threaten a shutdown again. so unless you have some actual facts to backup your shitposting, kindly stfu.
You didn't call out anything you just called me a moron and just told me to stfu, you didn't engage with my argument at all, just shit-posted.
I agree with you that there is absolutely ZERO reason for the Dems to cave, and I hope I'm wrong, but the latest Dem proposal to end the shut down absolutely sucks which has me worried.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More like Follower Mcconnell, am I right?

Seperation of powers.. something something.

Literally 2 guys.. Two!
I did the math, and you only need three republicans to cross the aisle to pass a motion for a new minority-majority leader, 13 to invoke cloture on any procedural hurdles (which I'm not sure are necessary for rule changes).

McConnell is the leader with the consent of the GOP senate caucus. They can remove him at any time.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More like Follower Mcconnell, am I right?

Seperation of powers.. something something.

Literally 2 guys.. Two!
No, it's all of the Republicans. Even just the handful who voted for the House plan could form a coalition with the Democrats and have Mitch removed as Majority Leader and place one of their own in.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
Child slavery is just Trump's fist step in bringing manufacturing jobs back to the US.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This country is falling apart, and it's all because of a handful of Republican monsters who possess no capacity to act for the benefit of others except for dying.

See what happens when they don't just talk about their agendas but allow a madman to do it all without any whistling or warming up the public to it?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's all of the Republicans. Even just the handful who voted for the House plan could form a coalition with the Democrats and have Mitch removed as Majority Leader and place one of their own in.
I did the math, and you only need three republicans to cross the aisle to pass a motion for a new minority-majority leader, 13 to invoke cloture on any procedural hurdles (which I'm not sure are necessary for rule changes).

McConnell is the leader with the consent of the GOP senate caucus. They can remove him at any time.
Yeah, but they aren't going to do a thing without Mcconnell or Trump taking the lead. The fear of the base or Trump backlash is too strong for them.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
yea, so private companies can determine its not profitable to staff these smaller locatations or that training is only required for nicer areas or other bullshit.

Just remember this, if a Republican is for privatizing something, they're probably sat to make a good profit from it (see Rick Scott and his mandatory drug testing for welfare recipients in Florida a few years ago).

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
This isn't about the wall anymore, it is about Trump and McConnell destroying the United States completely. Putin's ultimate plan.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
This isn't about the wall anymore, it is about Trump and McConnell destroying the United States completely. Putin's ultimate plan.

Yep, and both of these dipshits (Mitch especially) want Democrats to cave so they can have this "threat" in his back pocket to ready to go at all times. If you give that stunted slimeball a weapon like this, he'll hold it over Democrats heads for the rest of time.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell Trump this is an easy out for him:

"In the interests of National Security, which no one cares about more than I do, I am proud to announce we will reopen parts of the government to keep you, the American people, safe from the threat of terrorism. Remember Chuck and Nancy want to let the terrorists pour in by keeping the government shut down!"

Tweet 2: "I was always against a government shutdown unlike Hillary and the Dems who want the terrorist to keep pouring in through our unprotected airports!"

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When this hits Atlanta, there will be some shit. I'm fearing coming to class next week

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Someone tell Trump this is an easy out for him:

"In the interests of National Security, which no one cares about more than I do, I am proud to announce we will reopen parts of the government to keep you, the American people, safe from the threat of terrorism. Remember Chuck and Nancy want to let the terrorists pour in by keeping the government shut down!"

Tweet 2: "I was always against a government shutdown unlike Hillary and the Dems who want the terrorist to keep pouring in through our unprotected airports!"

Hmmmm.... This sounds like a plan.

You don't happen to ghost write for him do you? Posting on Era from deep within enemy territory

(I kid I kid, fuck, look at my avatar)

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I was talking about this
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/reu...-5-point-7-billion-for-border-smart-wall.html
I fucked up and said it was 7, but it's 5.7 billion, which if memory serves is what Trump was asking for in the first place. So my point still stands.

Hmm...did you take the time to actually read what you posted, or? That proposal is for border security, which Democrats have been fine with since forever. Trump and his idiot base want a literal wall. He has repeated the desire for an actual physical wall over and over and over again. This proposal comes with $0 for a wall, and $0 for construction of any new structures. Trump would in no way "win" if this was passed, at least not to anyone actually paying attention.

I would suggest at least reading prior to shitposting.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
is the kid working TSA a legit photo? like confirmed?

maybe just an old "Take your kid to work" photo? Even so, TSA doesn't seem like a place that would allow a kid to work during TYKTW.