• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
Had my first crash in My Team yesterday. After tens of hours of playing.

I'm currently playing on easy, but I feel I'm getting better at the game. I have one of the worst cars in the championship, but I easily qualify pole now. But in the races I always fall back to the midfield. Should I just increase the difficulty for the qualification? It seems I am capable of driving decent laps in a fresh car with fresh tyres. But when I have to fight for position, have to pit and have to drive more laps I start to struggle..

I've found it to be a bit weird about changing difficulty between sessions. I tend to play practice on easy before turning it up for quali and the race. Sometimes though Q1 won't have reacted and I'll be a few seconds clear before returning to normal in Q2, likewise P1 will be much harder before returning to normal for P2.

Obviously it could be something I'm doing, but I seem to get different results for the same inputs

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
I didn't find an OT thread for this game so I'm going to ask here:

I can't seem to speak commands through the Xbox headset, is this only available for Kinect? I can hear the radio through the headset, but can't understand why I can't speak commands using the headset mic. Am I missing something?

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I didn't find an OT thread for this game so I'm going to ask here:

I can't seem to speak commands through the Xbox headset, is this only available for Kinect? I can hear the radio through the headset, but can't understand why I can't speak commands using the headset mic. Am I missing something?

Just to check, are you tapping RB before speaking?

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't find an OT for this game so here's the 1.06 patch notes.

F1_2020_photo_20200722_093913.jpg

Hello Patch 1.06! We have a treat for you in this patch - you'll see that this brings in the brand new black Mercedes AMG Petronas livery (we think black really suits). PC players this is now live for you, if you're on consoles, we are aiming to get this to you in the next couple of days.

The black livery isn't everything in this patch, here's what else is in here:
  • Mercedes car and driver suits updated to the black livery.
  • Fixed an issue in unranked multiplayer where a host disconnection resulted in AI having unrealistic lap times.
  • Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll now wear the correct gloves.
  • Fixed a progression issue in My Team career which could occur after an Invitational event.
  • Fixed a progression issue in My Team career which could occur at the end of a season.
  • The Savant sponsor will now correctly pay out.
  • Various other stability and bug fixes.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
almost 50hs registered on F1 2020 and man this game is fun! I'm playing only the My Team career mode (on 100% and I'm in 7th place right now), just got an honest 6th on Monza. I really hope Codemasters evolve this feature on F1 2021 because it has a huge potential to elevate this series to another level. As an avid sim racer guy, I know the game is far from being realistic, but seriously, it really doesn't matter here, because the game is fun as hell.

OP
OP
Nerun

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
BTW in case any one is interested/cares: The update with the F2 2020 season was released today, so you replay the championship with Mick Schumacher and Co.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Latest Patch has messed things up on the PS5... it was working *fine* before tonight.

If you try to exit an online match, you get stuck with the game trying to connect to the servers. The only way to get out of that is holding the PS button down... then disconnecting your PS5 from the internet and reconnecting, BUT when you go back into the game.. you have to choose CANCEL, not "retry"... then you get work your way back into the lobbies.

Edit- ok after a few hours, it seems to be happening less often. So more of a server side issue than patch update I'm guessing.

Last edited:

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm driving in first place...

"Overtake the safety car, you may overtake the safety car"

I overtake the Safety car.

"Oh you overtaked the safety car, there is no overtaking the safety car. You have been disqualified".

I'm gonna have to learn these F1 rules man lol.

Edit- loving the game though. The series finally gives me the thrill of F1 CE on the PS3.

Last edited: