• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
The only help Ezra needs is getting into a jail cell. Ezra is a predator. Ezra does not deserve sympathy. Ezra is not a victim.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The only help Ezra needs is getting into a jail cell. Ezra is a predator. Ezra does not deserve sympathy. Ezra is not a victim.
I agree Ezra is not the victim, but this isn't a good position. Everyone in jail needs mental health support, most humans alive need it and imo it should be a human right that everyone has access to, and if Ezra does have specific mental health issues the system needs to provide that from a rehabilitaion stand point.

As someone alese rightly said, if they end up in jail it will not be for life, and being put back into the world without that help would likely lead to more harm.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Shortsighted. If we aren't making attempts to rehabilitate under detention then what even is the point? They'll just come right back out at the end of their sentence and nothing will have changed. Hell, they may even be worse off. The gravity of the offence should demonstrate the need for MORE effort during their sentence, not less

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
User Banned (1 month): Transphobia
They.

Moderators, could we please have the pronouns put at the bottom of threads, as is the case with at least one of the other threads pertaining to Miller?

Ezra has been doing so many terrible things lately, and all you care about is correcting people about their pronouns, says a lot. Maybe i'm the only one who doesn't really care if people use the right pronouns in this case, Ezra deserves no rights.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ezra has been doing so many terrible things lately, and all you care about is correcting people about their pronouns, says a lot. Maybe i'm the only one who doesn't really care if people use the right pronouns in this case, Ezra deserves no rights.
This is a shit post and you will rightly be actioned for it.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Shortsighted. If we aren't making attempts to rehabilitate under detention then what even is the point? They'll just come right back out at the end of their sentence and nothing will have changed. Hell, they may even be worse off. The gravity of the offence should demonstrate the need for MORE effort during their sentence, not less
Like they could get rehabilitation, in fact it is something they should always try but being seen as a victim and getting sympathy is a entirely different thing, people who do these kinds of crimes shouldn't be seen as a victim when they are creating actual victims, and they don't really deserve the sympathy, should they be helped? sure but that's not exactly where my mind is at when I hear about all the terrible shit they've done

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Now change that to a slur of some sort, like homophobia or racism and see how it plays out. "Said person did a bad thing so you can be as bigoted as you want towards them."

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

We can't just negate people's identities because they're doing bad things.

Oct 26, 2017
The moment you say certain people don't deserve the respect/right of being referred to by their proper pronouns, you set a precedent that certain criteria need met before human decency can be shown, which can and will be used against others.

donhonk

Oct 30, 2017

By this logic, do you misgender other disgraced celebs? Bill Cosby, Weinstein? Of course you don't.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Like they could get rehabilitation, in fact it is something they should always try but being seen as a victim and getting sympathy is a entirely different thing, people who do these kinds of crimes shouldn't be seen as a victim when they are creating actual victims, and they don't really deserve the sympathy, should they be helped? sure but that's not exactly where my mind is at when I hear about all the terrible shit they've done
I don't think anyone is giving them sympathy by speaking about the need for this, though?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Would you refer to Bill Cosby or R. Kelly by the n-word too?

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck does someone's behavior got to do with their identity? Would you just call a male by she/her because he killed someone? Doesn't make sense.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
It's not about Ezra. Ezra isn't going to see you misgendering them. Other trans people will, and they get hurt by it. Don't do it.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Gender isn't a right you have to earn, you don't misgender a non-trans person when they do something wrong so we shouldn't misgender a trans person when they do, misgendering is transphobia plain and simple

Dec 2, 2017
It's not about Ezra, its about showing that the right to correct pronouns is universal, not something that can be taken away if you don't like that person or they do something bad.

May 14, 2021
I don't think you grasp how many innocent people you're insulting with this attitude. Do yourself a favor and reflect on how awful what you said is during your inevitable ban.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is Ezra trans? I did not know that, I thought they were just going with "they" as their pronouns.
See above. Non-binary and trans are not the same thing, but being non-binary isn't any less valid if that's what you're suggesting.

Ezra chose their pronouns, you can't choose your race or sexual orientation. It isn't the same thing.
Gender identity can be about choice, but it isn't always. I have always felt like I wasn't quite male or female, much like I always felt attracted to both men and women, I just didn't have a term for it when growing up.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I chose the wrong words for it, and I apologize for that. I just find it crazy that people will point out the right pronouns before even commenting on the crime itself.

isn't it just as crazy that that is the thing in this thread that you chose to take offense to? Someone correcting pronoun usage?

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I chose the wrong words for it, and I apologize for that. I just find it crazy that people will point out the right pronouns before even commenting on the crime itself.
Do you think if a cis man did this and people kept referring to him as her that people wouldn't correct that as well? It's strange behavior.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to preface a pronoun correction with a commentary on the situation. You should have paid attention tbh, being corrected is a good thing.

And your original post is horrible, I hope the mods action you for it regardless of any rectration you make.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Ezra has been doing so many terrible things lately, and all you care about is correcting people about their pronouns, says a lot.
I think you saying respecting someone's pronouns is conditional to whether you like them or not says a lot more.

Do you use racial slurs if you don't like someone who's poc?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

unknown.png

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
I think you saying respecting someone's pronouns is conditional to whether you like them or not says a lot more.

Do you use racial slurs if you don't like someone who's poc?

I'm not defending the poster when I say this, respect people's identities, but folks have no problem body shaming others that are universally hated like Trump. There are double standards at play in vitriol directed towards people.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please pay attention to the fact that non-binary doesn't = trans by default?

As a non-binary person, I am often told I am trans and it's a little dismissive of my actual identify. I know others who feel the same too.

I'm not defending the poster when I say this, respect people's identities, but folks have no problem body shaming others that are universally hated like Trump. There are double standards at play in vitriol directed towards people.
Then call those out when you see them? There's no reason to suggest that anyone correcting a pronoun has that double standard themselves.

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not defending the poster when I say, respect people's identities, but folks have no problem body shaming others that are universally hated like Trump. It's hypocrisy.
They literally said a person doesn't deserve rights. I mean body shaming is terrible too, but saying a person doesn't deserve rights is like actual hatred and beyond insulting imo.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Non-binary and Trans are different things btw. Not every NB person identifies as trans even if some do.
I'm using trans in the extremely broad sense of "having a gender identity that doesn't match the sex you were assigned at birth" here, which has always been the definition I work from. I use genderqueer as an identifier for myself, because none of the others really feel fitting for me. I guess I'm aware that there are non-binary people who do not consider themselves trans, and I'm genuinely not trying to invalidate that, but I have never understood what the difference was in their eyes? If you're one of these people and you're willing to share in DM I'd love to understand further!

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
If you're worried about all the terrible shit they've done then you should be advocating for an approach that minimizes the chances of them doing more terrible shit. That's all I'm saying, "fuck em, lock em up and throw away the key" probably feels good to say in the moment but it hasn't exactly proven itself as an effective method of rehabilitation… which is important to consider because the vast majority of offenders DO end up back outside.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using trans in the extremely broad sense of "having a gender identity that doesn't match the sex you were assigned at birth" here, which has always been the definition I work from. I use genderqueer as an identifier for myself, because none of the others really feel fitting for me. I guess I'm aware that there are non-binary people who do not consider themselves trans, and I'm genuinely not trying to invalidate that, but I have never understood what the difference was in their eyes? If you're one of these people and you're willing to share in DM I'd love to understand further!
I'll share it here briefly as it's good for everyone to read, but I'm open to a DM conversation with anyone about this stuff any time! I'll put it in spoilers though as I don't want to derail too much here.

Please don't use the word trans in "broad sense" lke that. I understand the confusion people have, but for me there has been no transiton. I have always felt non-binary before the term existed, I am perfectly at home in my male sex body. For me, the term transgender never fit.

I don't mean to suggest this is coming from a bad place or anything, this stuff can definitely be confusing, it's just good to not assume as it can feel a little dissmisive and even erasing for people. I had a person argue with me once that I AM trans no matter what I say, I think it's important for people to understand that it doesn't work like that.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

This has already been explained in the thread but I'll explain it again:

It is not okay to purposefully misgender someone just because they are a bad person. It does not just impact that person. It impacts other people who are watching you mock someone for who they are.

Do you think it would be okay to call Bill Cosby a racist slur because he's a terrible person? No, you probably don't. Because you probably understand that using racial slurs makes you racist no matter who it's aimed at.

And purposefully misgendering someone makes you a bigot, no matter who it's aimed at.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If you're worried about all the terrible shit they've done then you should be advocating for an approach that minimizes the chances of them doing more terrible shit. That's all I'm saying, "fuck em, lock em up and throw away the key" probably feels good to say in the moment but it hasn't exactly proven itself as an effective method of rehabilitation… which is important to consider because unfortunately the vast majority of offenders DO end up back outside.
I didn't say "fuck em, lock em up and throw away the key", re-read the beginning of my comment again, I'm favor of the idea rehabilitation, I'm just said that's not where my mind is at when I hear of someone doing terrible shit, they can get rehabilitation but they're still on my shit-list

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say "fuck em, lock em up and throw away the key", re-read the beginning of my comment again, I'm favor of the idea rehabilitation, I'm just said that's not where my mind is at when I hear of someone doing terrible shit, they can get rehabilitation but they're still on my shit-list
I understand what you're saying, but has anyone actually suggested otherwise?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
You were commenting on my reply to someone else, who WAS exhibiting the viewpoint I'm objecting to. If you don't share said person's viewpoint then great, we're in agreement! Rehabilitation doesn't have to come at the expense of accountability. It's a conflation I see happen often when it's brought up in public spaces. You can and should argue for both.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I do think that the thread title needs to be updated because technically, by the letter of the law, Ezra has not actually committed kidnapping.

At least right now, nobody has actually charged Ezra with kidnapping, even the parents.

I see your point but they're seriously not doing themselves any favors.

thedirect.com

The Flash's Ezra Miller Reacts to Allegations Against Them By Posting Memes

Ezra Miller responded to allegations by sharing memes on Instagram.

As courts reportedly try and fail to locate The Flash star, Miller has shared five memes, the first of which carries the text "you cannot touch me, I am in another universe."

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Done! If we miss one in a future thread feel free to send in a report, it would help us out. Thank you! :)
Thank you kindly.

Rehabilitation/therapy in lieu of punishment or consequences is different than rehabilitation/therapy as part of the consequences for a person's criminal actions. In theory I think its fine to hope that Ezra "gets help", because unless they are going to spend the rest of their life imprisoned, they are going to be back out in society and we should hope that everything is done to prevent them from abusing anyone else. But that also shouldn't excuse their actions.
I think this is the best way to go about things. Consequences and rehabilitation need not be mutually exclusive.

Feb 16, 2022
It feels like we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I can't see this ending well. But I hope someone or something will help Miller come to their senses before things escalate horribly.

Jun 17, 2019
So timeliness for all of this as I've been reading on a number of sources.

Ezra meets Tokata/Gibson at age nine at event for protest for the pipe line, becomes friendly with them and their family.

Age 12 Ezra invites them and others to London for FBAWTFT. They try to sleep in same bed as Tokata/Gibson and are thrown out of room by one of the chaperones.

12 to 15 Ezra gives them Drugs while they visit Ezra.

16 Tokata/Gibson moves from The tribal school she is in to one that Ezra's sister is in. Also at this time Ezra brandished a gun in the home of Tokata/Gibson's uncle, against his wishes. Additional shit goes down where their family picks up a drugged up and brushed child from Ezra after Tokata/Gibson has a kind of over dose, and Ezra didn't know what to do. Tokata/Gibson detox. Also child has become paranoid of a lot of things thanks to Ezra, including the KKK which Ezra wants to shoot and burn due to personal issues. Ezra also stock piles weapons.

17 T/G goes to Ezra's sisters school after a lot of talking and Ezra pays for it. While there T/G drops out of school and goes to be with Ezra in Vermont. Family is unable to get them back, Sara,T/G mom injured by Ezra she claims.

18 Family has been trying to get them to come home frome before age change. Ezra claims T/G is now Trans, Ezra's choice, and changes Tokata's name. The two were last seen in Hawaii together.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree Ezra is not the victim, but this isn't a good position. Everyone in jail needs mental health support, most humans alive need it and imo it should be a human right that everyone has access to, and if Ezra does have specific mental health issues the system needs to provide that from a rehabilitaion stand point.

As someone alese rightly said, if they end up in jail it will not be for life, and being put back into the world without that help would likely lead to more harm.

Agreed. We can both hold people accountable for their actions and also offer them help. Rehabilitation does more to better society than punishment. The nordic justice system model is the most humane there is on the planet.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I think WB is smart to hold off on any announcement of any sort. If Ezra is as unhinged as it appears they are, I don't think WB wants to put any pressure on them until everyone is safe.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Is there a timeline of events that They've done over the past few years anywhere i can read?

Edit: Its kind of hard keeping up with all the different threads over the years.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Status
Not open for further replies.