• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I think part of the allegations was that he took Tokata's phone and was pretending to be Tokata in the released statement. The implication being that Tokata isn't there of their own free will. That said, I'm not up on all the updates so I don't know if they're still alleging that.
They.

Moderators, could we please have the pronouns put at the bottom of threads, as is the case with at least one of the other threads pertaining to Miller?

Jun 17, 2019
Y'all Tokata Iron Eyes also is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns, not she/her. Everyone's on the case correcting each other over Ezra, let's try to do the same for Tokata?

Important edit: There seems to be some confusion on weather it's really Tokata requesting they/them, or if it's Ezra speaking for her and Tokata actually uses she/they :S

Part of the problem with this is that previously Tokata/Gibson (I'm using as their parents used it in their comments) used she/they. But because we never heard directly from Tokata/Gibson, other than that video and they did not address the use of their pronouns it's complicated on that part. Since Ezra claimed certain things about Tokata, without Tokata/Gibson validating that is what they want to be called.

What Abylim said, and the reports also said Tokata's parents claimed that Miller was the one who decided that Tokata is non-binary, so I guess it's more complicated than it seems.

So according to Tokata/Gibson's parents (who also have another non-binary child), Tokata/Gibson decided they were non-binary and had been calling themselves as such. Ezra then claimed that Tokata/Gibson is Transgender, so Miller is the one that decided that Tokata/Gibson is trans and not non-binary.

One thing I'm worried about, is if the two are engaging in any intimacy, should Tokata/Gibson end up with Miller's kid some how, will they have any say over what happens to that kid since it seems more and more there's cult like behavior going on, and leaders tend to like to have heirs or others that can take over what they're doing. I mean honestly what do you do about that.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
They are.

It's impossible for Ezra to have a future in entertainment business anymore. WB did what they did because they have spent a stupid amount of money behind the movie; it would be unfathomable to think any studio (or any business, really) would want to have Ezra's name related to their brand anymore.
Whats really dumb on WBs part is that yes it's going to cost them a lot to reshoot the movie, but the movie is going to be what resets their cinematic universe. A lot of people are probably going to pass on this big time because of Ezra being in it, which will hurt their future movies as well. Very short sided thinking on their behalf imho

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
I am not saying they are not horrible for the stuff they did . But after receiving the proper punishment, I believe everyone deserves a chance to be helped .

Ezra has ready access to mental health facilities and experts that the rest of America, and probably their victims, don't have access to. They also have the ability to get a legal team that most people don't have access to. You don't need to wish them a damn thing. If they want to be helped, they can get help, and could have gotten help a long time ago.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Ezra has ready access to mental health facilities and experts that the rest of America, and probably their victims, don't have access to. They also have the ability to get a legal team that most people don't have access to. You don't need to wish them a damn thing. If they want to be helped, they can get help, and could have gotten help a long time ago.

Not defending Ezra here, but people who need help can struggle to realise that they need help, the amount of money a person has doesn't really come into the equation.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
What recourse does the family have to find Ezra? I assume this doesn't fall under local police jurisdiction? As in, they can't issue an APB? If not, why not? I know that a judge was involved and Tokata's parents have guardianship but I am not familiar with the exact legalities involved.
At this point, this is only a civil case, not criminal.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
How has WB not announced that they're firing them yet, you'd think they'd want to distance themselves from a literal kidnapper

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but at least put out a statement distancing themselves

from a totally cynical business perspective (which I understand is far from the important thing here) Im not sure they think they have to, at least not yet. The Flash movie they have in the can with Ezra is like a year away from release. They are probably going to let this play out unless they are really forced into a corner.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
IMO some people are transferring empathy for the gender fluid and non-binary onto Ezra disproportionately.
Exactly. Pointing out the pronouns is really not about Miller. It's about the community. It comes up in Ezra Miller threads because there are so many damn Miller threads because Miller is 1) in genre movies that the site pays attention to and 2) in the news alot because of Miller's horrible behavior. It isn't people being passive aggressive or wanting to protect Miller. It's trying to get people to understand that pronouns aren't something to be taken for granted. That community has been fighting for this recognition. They aren't asking for more than an attention to detail and a post edit. It's the respect they deserve.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
from a totally cynical business perspective (which I understand is far from the important thing here) Im not sure they think they have to, at least not yet. The Flash movie they have in the can with Ezra is like a year away from release. They are probably going to let this play out unless they are really forced into a corner.
On the flipside, if Miller is wilding out like this, WB might have been advised not to do something that Miller might feel put them in a corner. If Miller is waving a gun around and talking about being Jesus, and have vulernable people with them? You want to tread lightly.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Wild that people in this thread are calling for this person to "get help". They kidnapped a minor.

It sucks that such a prominent nonbinary person has turned out to be such a monster, but that is no excuse to treat their vile actions with such kid gloves.

EDIT: the victim is 18, so not a minor. My bad.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Wild that people in this thread are calling for this person to "get help". They kidnapped a minor.

It sucks that such a prominent nonbinary person has turned out to be such a monster, but that is no excuse to treat their vile actions with such kid gloves.
Are they a minor?

Not sure about differing laws, but they don't seem to be.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

They are 18 and no longer a minor, which is probably why the authorities have to tread lightly here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to why Ezra hasn't said anything, it's very likely that they don't feel like they need to. Takata being groomed looks very likely given the evidence which would be affecting their decisions here, but I remember myself at 18. I was living by myself, and even though I was still very much a child in many ways if an adult had suggested that I would have literally told them to fuck off. I thought I had it all figured out.

I'm not sure about the specific legal situation here, but it's a distinct possibility that Ezra and Takata are both feeling like it's them against some kind of injustice, regardless of any dellusions, and until they're literally forced to they might just keep completely silent.

Ezra is also a millionaire, right? Even if they don't work again they could likely live without work for a while.

Azzazel

Oct 25, 2017
As much as we would like to, if Warner decides to even release a statement, this can go from people talking about it on twitter and tiktok to national news in a heartbeat.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
elnLWs9.jpg
yep

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. But also thorough psychotherapy.
They've assaulted multiple women, groomed and provided drugs to a minor, and then kidnapped her when she turned 18

This isn't the kind of person to feel sympathy towards, we are well past that point, like you don't automatically go "I hope they get help" after hearing news of a person that is constantly ruining the lives others and is a danger to the people around them, "I hope they get help" is reserved for the people who haven't horribly affected the lives of other people

astro

Oct 25, 2017
They've assaulted multiple women, groomed and provided drugs to a minor, and then kidnapped her when she turned 18

This isn't the kind of person to feel sympathy towards, we are well past that point, like you don't automatically go "I hope they get help" after hearing news of a person that is constantly ruining the lives others and is a danger to the people around them, "I hope they get help" is reserved for the people who haven't horribly affected the lives of other people
Is it actual kidnapping in a legal sense? Given the grooiming aspect then it doesn't really matter from a moral position, but how does the law treat it?

Sorry if this is covered, I read the article but I couldn't see specific clarification. What does that "potective order" actually mean.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Is it actual kidnapping in a legal sense? Given the grooiming aspect then it doesn't really matter from a moral position, but how does the law treat it?

sorry if this is covered, I read the article but I couldn't see specific clarification.
The 18 year old was still under legal guardianship with her parents so it is a kidnapping which is why the police are looking for him

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The 18 year old was still under legal guardianship with her parents so it is a kidnapping which is why the police are looking for him
I'm curious how this works specifically. I tried googling but I failed. I thought once you hit 18 you were free from your parents wishes here, but it also states this is their tribal law. Does anyone know how this all ties in legally?

Also: them*, not him!

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Unless I've missed something the reason the authorities are looking for Ezra is to serve them with a protective order on behalf of the parents, not to arrest them for kidnapping.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017

So let them rot forever? What is your solution? Are they completely irredeemable? Where do you draw the line?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
When it comes to why Ezra hasn't said anything, it's very likely that they don't feel like they need to. Takata being groomed looks very likely given the evidence which would be affecting their decisions here, but I remember myself at 18. I was living by myself, and even though I was still very much a child in many ways if an adult had suggested that I would have literally told them to fuck off. I thought I had it all figured out.

I'm not sure about the specific legal situation here, but it's a distinct possibility that Ezra and Takata are both feeling like it's them against some kind of injustice, regardless of any dellusions, and until they're literally forced to they might just keep completely silent.

Ezra is also a millionaire, right? Even if they don't work again they could likely live without work for a while.
I would agree if their relationship hadnt been going on since she was 14. Or was it even younger? There is clearly something wrong going on here.

But yeah otherwise at 18 I would tell my parents to F off and hang with a celebrity.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I've missed something the reason the authorities are looking for Ezra is to serve them with a protective order on behalf of the parents, not to arrest them for kidnapping.
Yeh exactly.

This is the part I'm confused about, what does that serving mean exactly.

I would agree if their relationship hadnt been going on since she was 14. Or was it even younger? There is clearly something wrong going on here.

But yeah otherwise at 18 I would tell my parents to F off and hang with a celebrity.
You would agree with what? I'm a little confused what you thought I said there. I'm talking from their perspective.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh exactly.

from what I've been able to gather its a protective order through the tribal courts instructing Ezra to stay away from their family for a set amount of time, like a restraining order. It seems like the local authorities are the ones that serve these orders on behalf of the tribe? As far as the age thing, I don't know how clear that is, or how it works if an 18 year old indigenous person leaves the tribal land and how the tribal laws of guardianship still apply.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I do think that the thread title needs to be updated because technically, by the letter of the law, Ezra has not actually committed kidnapping.

They're still extremely dangerous, and we are probably witnessing the birth of NXIVM 2.0 in real time, but it's technically not kidnapping and the thread title is giving people an incorrect assessment of the actual situation that's going on right now, which is actually MORE PROBLEMATIC than it seems.

At least right now, nobody has actually charged Ezra with kidnapping, even the parents.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeh exactly.

You would agree with what? I'm a little confused what you thought I said there. I'm talking from their perspective.
It just seemed like you were saying "I remember what it was like being 18", relating to why she might be ghosting her parents. And I was thinking yeah I thought I knew it all to at 18 but then again I hadnt been groomed for several years at that point. It isnt really rebellious behavior it is victim behavior.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It just seemed like you were saying "I remember what it was like being 18", relating to why she might be ghosting her parents. And I was thinking yeah I thought I knew it all to but then again I hadnt been groomed for several years at that point.
Apologies, but I don't know how it seemed that way. I read it again and I was pretty clearly talking about why they could feel justified here in their bubble.

from what I've been able to gather its a protective order through the tribal courts instructing Ezra to stay away from their family for a set amount of time, like a restraining order. It seems like the local authorities are the ones that serve these orders on behalf of the tribe? As far as the age thing, I don't know how clear that is, or how it works if an 18 year old indigenous person leaves the tribal land and how the tribal laws of guardianship still apply.
That's what I'm confused about and can't find info on. Does widerspread law and an 18 YO leaving their tribe supersede tribal law. I would have thought it did.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Rehabilitation/therapy in lieu of punishment or consequences is different than rehabilitation/therapy as part of the consequences for a person's criminal actions. In theory I think its fine to hope that Ezra "gets help", because unless they are going to spend the rest of their life imprisoned, they are going to be back out in society and we should hope that everything is done to prevent them from abusing anyone else. But that also shouldn't excuse their actions.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Rehabilitation/therapy in lieu of punishment or consequences is different than rehabilitation/therapy as part of the consequences for a person's criminal actions. In theory I think its fine to hope that Ezra "gets help", because unless they are going to spend the rest of their life imprisoned, they are going to be back out in society and we should hope that everything is done to prevent them from abusing anyone else. But that also shouldn't excuse their actions.

Great post, and a good way to summarize the concept of rehabilitation and mental health support/treatment in the context of people that commit crimes, as well as what the purpose of laws and punishment really is.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
How has WB not announced that they're firing them yet, you'd think they'd want to distance themselves from a literal kidnapper
I don't think there is anything really to fire them for atm. The film is already made, and i dont think they are in any currently announced stuff that hasn't started filming yet.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It isnt really rebellious behavior it is victim behavior.
Sorry you edited this in after I replied... it is both. Takata is still a teenager and will be going through the same teenage transitions. It is a very common thing for teens to feel rebelious to the point they feel like they know best, and that is almost certainly informing their justifications here.

They have clearly been groomed, but there's a very good chance Ezra and Takata feel fully justified which is going to be a big reason why they've not said more.

Again, my post was talking about why they might feel justified in their behaviour, it wasn't suggesting what you thought it was and imo it was very clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.