• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Rowling only kicked out of the Harry Potter special because Emma Watson said she wouldn't come?

I feel like we're going to need something like that if they're not charged with a serious crime.

The issue there is that The Flash is already done. Actors have been paid for their performances in the movie. There's nothing to hold it up on that end.

Something that's going to be interesting about Ezra's situation is what happened with Kevin Spacey recently. He lost a court case that now requires him to pay 31 million dollars to the production company behind House of Cards because they successfully argued that they lost money due to his actions. There's no doubt that Ezra's actions are going to cost WB a lot of money. So does the WB take them to court over this in the end?

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
The only reason they need for this movie to come out is for money. It's fiction. They don't need this movie for whatever direction they are taking their DC movies. They can just do it. It's not like WB has been beholden to a singular universe for the last 10 years.

I mean yeah, they could cancel it because its fiction, but money is the only thing they care about, they are a corporation. Cancelling this will lose them 300 million, but would cost them even more on top of that, due to reshoot which might be needed in other movies which might've tied in with The Flash.

And that's without the cost to whatever movie would now need to be restructured to insert Keatons and Supergirls new entrances.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shitty situation for everyone involved but I'm not sure I'm going to blame WB for not cancelling the movie over the action of a single actor. Some people who worked on the movie deserves the movie to be released.
While I agree about the people who worked on this deserve to have their work shown off, I disagree that this shouldn't be cancelled because of the actions of one person. Ezra is the face of this film. They can't really be divorced from this project.

WB was willing to cancel projects without giving a damn about the staff who worked hard, so why is this situation any different? The only thing driving WB here is money.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck WB.

Can WB just pull the movie ASAP like September this year instead of June next year? Recoup the money before any more Ezra news comes out.
I guess the Flash movie needs Black Adam and Aqua Man to come out first.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can WB just pull the movie ASAP like September this year instead of June next year? Recoup the money before any more Ezra news comes out.
The Flash was supposed to come out before those, so theoretically it still can

Feb 16, 2022
WB was willing to cancel projects without giving a damn about the staff who worked hard, so why is this situation any different? The only thing driving WB here is money.
This is what I don't get. One would think that WB's greed would make it important for them to sit Miller down and tell them to stop this shit. Put a tight leash on Miller so they don't further cause problems and keep hurting WB's chances of releasing this movie. But no, they clearly haven't done that. I can't fathom this at all.

WB enabling Miller like this doesn't make a lick of sense. Even if they care more about money than people's wellbeing or lives, it's still in their best interest to put a stop to Miller's abhorrent behavior at any cost.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
There are people literally saying in the other thread that Ezra Miller will never work another Hollywood job again after this stuff and yet this proves the point that they absolutely will because these execs do not care unless they actually go to prison.

This doesn't prove anything. There's a significant difference in already being invested and trying to salvage your investment compared to deciding to invest money into a new project with a significant risk factor. I don't think any studio is going to gamble on Ezra moving forward because they don't want to risk their investment with someone as volatile as Ezra and end up in the situation that WB is in now.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
WB just go in g to keep covering for them until they commit a heinous crime (and get arrested for it) then it will be all how could we have known/ who could have seen this coming. Blood will be on their hands

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
Having seen what happened to Batgirl, I'm of the opinion now that The Flash should just get quietly dumped on HBO Max. While Ezra's behaviour is horrendous, way too many other people have poured a ton of work into the film for it to be shelved. They deserve to have their work out in the world in spite of Ezra's behaviour.

They should just release it alongside a statement condemning their actions, while saying they felt it important for the rest of the crew to release the film. They can also publicly cut ties with Ezra and say the role of Barry will be recast.

If they really want to earn a bit of goodwill, they could reverse their plans to shelve Batgirl and Scoob 2.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck WB.

The Flash was supposed to come out before those, so theoretically it still can
The reason given for the long delay was to have enough time for VFXs studios to either begin working or continue working on the movie so, no, they can't exactly release it right now.

Jun 17, 2019
I doubt Keaton is too concerned as long as he got paid. But I really fucking feel for Sasha Calle who got cast as Supergirl. She was being primed to get a spin-off out of this, and now this film is abject fucking poison (with her own solo film's future being on shaky ground at best)

View: https://youtu.be/rr1hcNTFCzE

Miller's fuckery didn't just taint some studio blockbuster, it's basically vomited on everyone even close to it. WBD continuing to engage with them just made it all so much fucking worse.

I should note she left a steady paycheck on a high preforming Daytime soap for this. So yeah, Miller can go to hell for their fuckery on this. And she can't go back because she would have to break her WB contract.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I don't get. One would think that WB's greed would make it important for them to sit Miller down and tell them to stop this shit. Put a tight leash on Miller so they don't further cause problems and keep hurting WB's chances of releasing this movie. But no, they clearly haven't done that. I can't fathom this at all.

WB enabling Miller like this doesn't make a lick of sense. Even if they care more about money than people's wellbeing or lives, it's still in their best interest to put a stop to Miller's abhorrent behavior at any cost.

I don't know what makes you think Miller would listen to WB or that WB would have any ability to put a "tight leash" on these types of actions.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck WB.

The movie was delayed because the vfx just weren't going to be done in time for this year. And tbh, moving it back a year probably helps the studio better distance the movie from Ezra's behavior, assuming they don't go spend the next 10 months going on a killing spree or something.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Something that's going to be interesting about Ezra's situation is what happened with Kevin Spacey recently. He lost a court case that now requires him to pay 31 million dollars to the production company behind House of Cards because they successfully argued that they lost money due to his actions. There's no doubt that Ezra's actions are going to cost WB a lot of money. So does the WB take them to court over this in the end?
I was wondering about this. It totally makes sense with as much money as is involved that there is some kind of clause that allows them to sue if someone sabotaged or loses them money.

It throws a wrench in the theory that WB can't do anything about this since Ezra got paid or that they can't try to intervene with Ezra's actions now. Ezra might not give a fuck about the movie or their career or getting help, but WB can threaten legal action. That would go further than the enabling currently happening to keep the money train rolling.

WB doesn't completely have their hands tied. They are still making a choice of inaction to release the movie as if nothing happened.

Feb 16, 2022
I don't know what makes you think Miller would listen to WB or that WB would have any ability to put a "tight leash" on these types of actions.
Miller shows up for additional shoots. That means WB has the ability to reach them and make them comply to their contracts. You'd think some suit would sit Miller down and tell them to stop this shit or else. I don't believe one random actor has this much power over dozens of greedy execs, that they'd risk losing more and more goodwill and money by appeasing to the actor. That makes zero sense in money-hungry Hollywood.

Update - Miller crimes go here and nowhere else

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Given the preponderance of threads on the crimes being committed by Ezra Miller, we feel like it would be more beneficial to establish a single thread to chronicle the story and any developments pertaining to it.

As such, anything to do with Ezra Miller committing crimes should be placed in this thread and should not receive it's own thread.

If there is news as to what the WB is doing with the Flash movie, for example cancelling it or taking Miller off the press tour, that can get it's own thread.

We're taking this action not because what they're doing isn't abhorrent, it is, but because there's so much of it that's it has started to clog up the ETC subforum.

Again, any new "Ezra Miller committed a crime" stories or anything pertaining to that, goes in this thread and this thread alone.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. Wonder if this OT legs will rival the Vic Mignogna one. I can only hope that all this doesn't end in tragedy.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ezra on their way to do crimes like
flash-dc.gif

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Missed opportunity to call it "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Ezra Miller"

But fair, it's just too much stuff, best to have it all in one place

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017

To be honest, maybe we should have a sober thread title because the lives of numerous indigenous people, some of who are children seem at risk.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yup makes sense giving how often Ezra Miller has been committing crimes that this topic necessitated an OT.

That said, for the longest time WBD should have already condemned their actions. But nope, this company continues on as if nothing is happening. This PR disaster couldn't possibly get any worse.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
They're like an actual real life supervillain, jet setting around the world and wreaking havoc.

No wonder they got cast as The Flash, it seemingly takes them moments to get from one country to another to commit more crimes.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I'm wondering, are all of their crimes making the mainstream news? If they are, why is nobody yelling at WB to stop supporting a criminal?

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I know the situation is not funny but checking my watched threads and seeing a devoted 'Crimes OT' all of a sudden had me laughing so much

Flashtastic Bastards: The Crimes of Ezra Miller |OT| All is good in Flash land

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
while I understand why this is happening, it's still wild that we have an OT for someone commiting crimes

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I'm wondering, are all of their crimes making the mainstream news? If they are, why is nobody yelling at WB to stop supporting a criminal?
Because the only crimes they have actually been charged with is a bar fight and now a burglary. That's really small compared to what some other Hollywood celebs have done over the years.

The other protection orders are not actually criminal unless they breach them. Anyone can go out and get a protection order against just about anyone they have had an interaction with.

Granted the reports of their behaviour and the things they have been accused of are pretty serious and concerning, but there is a difference between being accused of something and being charged for something. And until they are charged with something more serious I honestly don't expect WB to do anything.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
A source with knowledge of the situation says the studio appears to be preparing for three possible scenarios.

First, Warners has received indications that the 29-year-old Miller, whose mother has accompanied the actor in recent days, will seek professional help after returning home to their farm in Vermont after being away. If that help happens, Miller, who goes by they/them pronouns, could give an interview at some point explaining their erratic behavior over the past few years. The actor could then do limited press for The Flash, and the movie would open in cinemas as planned.

The second scenario: Even if Miller doesn't reach out for help, Warners could still release the film. But don't expect Miller to play a prominent role in terms of marketing and publicity. Nor would Miller be The Flash going forward, as the role would be recast in future projects.

The third case: Things go from bad to worse, with the situation with Miller deteriorating. This would see Warners killing the movie outright, as it could not be reshot with a different actor. Miller plays multiple characters and is in almost every scene. Scrapping a $200 million film would be an unprecedented move.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Warner Bros. Weighing Fate of ‘The Flash’ as Its Ezra Miller Problem Grows

The studio ponders three paths forward for the expensive DC film, with a worst case — if unlikely — scenario including the project being scrapped.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
The most disappointing part about this OT is that there's so much that we need one

The second is not having the flashland quote in the title though, hope that gets updated once all the news gathers here.

More seriously though, I really hope this whole thing can come to a peaceful end soon though, really worry about some of the people who got wrapped up in Ezra's shitstorm.