• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Agreed

At their finest, WB has some of the best FX work in town, and that comes out often when you have a filmmaker who knows how to use them well, like Wan or Snyder

There is a gulf in quality between Wan and Serkis in full "paycheck" mode though

Wan does not strike me as a "phone it in" sort of guy

If this isn't kino, I don't know what is
gregory-coelho-trench-gif-cut-005.gif
I mean, this is the problem really. It's strengths are mostly visual. The characters work and story pacing are both so-so. Nothing bad per se, it was just... eh.
And even then I'd say the cinematography doesn't come close to the camera work on Reeve's The Batman which is probably the best filmed comic book movie of all time.

Anyway, probably shouldn't derail any further considering the nature of the topic of the thread.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The one tweet posted a few posts above mine is a thread, there's a second tweet there is about him having concerns with the Aquaman 2 being a "dud" and such, it sure is weird that the sequel to a popular and successful movie "might be a dud" and that Zaslav is raising concerns about that but the one where the star is running around armed with allegations of grooming, violence and breaking and entering should go full steam ahead.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
BAH GAWD THAT'S BARRY KEOGHAN'S MUSIC!

No way they go with Option 1. Even if Miller did some PR tour I feel they'd immediately do something wild right after, which would exacerbate things even worse.

As someone who only ever seems to be impressed by the DCAU nowadays, I wouldn't mind WB being mega ballsy and doing Option 3 and starting over by using Wally West, but ain't gonna happen.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Misgendering
I would go with a mix of options 1 and 2. Arrest Ezra to the fullest extent of the law (whatever punishments his crimes deserve), but still release the movie on HBO Max at the very least. Create a post-credits scene of the brand new timeline with a brand new Flash actor.

Option 3 is a total disservice to the other actors and actresses in the movie who worked their asses off just for it to not be seen, all because of one giant asshole who should go to prison.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly find it fascinating this movie has still not been shelved, but somehow Batgirl was.
People keep saying this,
I mean at this point it probably will be but

1. It's like double the budget at least
2. Flash has huge partnerships that Batgirl as an HBO movie wasn't going to have.

For example with the lead time it takes, toy companies already have the early waves of merchandise ready to go.
Like they had created the finalized packaging for merchandise all the way back at the beginning of last year.

Its basically gotten to a point where some like Poptarts or potato chips or whatever would say "hey we don't want Ezra on our package"

But the more physical merchandise companies would be fucked

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
WB should end the film with Flash getting trapped in the Speed Force and CW Flash coming out into the DCEU at this point... Just remove Ezra from the equation for future projects.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
WB should end the film with Flash getting trapped in the Speed Force and CW Flash coming out into the DCEU at this point... Just remove Ezra from the equation for future projects.

1) Just scrap the film. Batgirl was already directly tied to the film anyway.

2) Deepfake and or digitally replace Ezra with a new actor. But now your $200m film will cost $300m+

I think however we can all agree if WB release with Ezra; their already tainted reputation is completely fucked. Then again we live in a post Trump world so anything can happen.

Feb 16, 2022
They don't need to do that. There's absolutely no reason to justify a recast in-universe/within the movie itself. Just recast. No need to address it in the movie itself.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It bothers me that people actually believed that tweet. What, is Zaslav just gonna keep calling a meeting every day until the votes swing his way? lmao
Also just…a board would not do that! More than that, they wouldn't care! The board wants WBD to make X amount of money at certain quarterly and annual thresholds. They aren't holding emergency sessions to cancel specific $300m films over actors that, frankly, most people don't even know about. It's total fanfiction. Weird, pretend boardroom fanfiction.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
James Wan had Ray Chase voice a villain in his movie, if Zaslav fucks with his films, I'll go apeshit

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I wish I was a fly on the wall to see & hear that shouting match.

Or maybe a leak footage of that meeting to see how dumb Zaslav sounds defending this film.

Ezra Miller has made a public statement and has now begun treatment for their mental health.
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Massive update:

View: https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1559372620188905472

"The Flash" star Ezra Miller says they are seeking treatment for "complex mental health issues."

In a statement provided to Variety by a representative of the actor, Miller broke their silence about the troubling behavior that they have exhibited in recent years, which has led to a series of legal issues and assault and abuse allegations. Miller also apologized for their actions.

"Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment," Miller says. "I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life."

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
...okay
I guess I'm just gonna have to find relief in the fact that no one died? Because that's where I thought this would end

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Massive update:

"Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment," Miller says. "I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life."

View: https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1559372620188905472

Yeah, this is bullshit. This is no RDJ having a mental breakdown, this involved the grooming of several minors. You can get the treatment you need and still answer for the crimes at the same time, I don't buy this PR drivel at all. Fuck you, Ezra Miller.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
They should definitely work on their mental health and they would have a lot of time to do so in prison where they belong.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
what random state and random crime is next on the madlibs board?

if they calm down this will probably blow over. but that's a big if, considering.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
Yeah, this is the studio pushing them to do some PR so it can release the film. The fact they don't go into detail about what their actions were and are not showing any hint of remorse or apology says a lot here.

They will appear again in a month or two, claim they were healed and "all's well in Miller land", and then go back to grooming minors and forming a cult.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Yeah that statement was clearly written by Miller's agent or Warner Bros PR. I absolutely don't believe a word that this person says about their behavior or actions. Apologies won't be enough for me.