• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Are there actually diehard Ezra fans? Like would there be any sort of backlash to recasting them as Flash?

It's just expensive to do it. Which rings hollow to me given how they handled the Justice League situation. Whedon basically made 2/3 of a whole other movie, with the idea being that this would be more lucrative than working more off what was already shot.

So it's not a matter of what they can do, just the will to do it. Ironically, their former collaborator already did it in his Netflix zombie movie. On a smaller scale, sure, but it's obviously possible.

I assume they won't do a promo tour for it, but the fact that the stories are now making it clear that Ezra brings people to sets and such… WB really need to cut their losses and dump them. Reshoot, cancel, whatever.

Someone who uses their celebrity clout to abuse people does not need another round of being the face of a wide release film, even if he's absent from the red carpet or whatever.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Are there actually diehard Ezra fans? Like would there be any sort of backlash to recasting them as Flash?
It's more like West Side Story and the lead in that being a predator. They are not the hugest star, but spending X tens or hundreds of millions to reshoot the movie or try to CGI them out isn't something any studio would want to do.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
This is unlikely. There are going to be contractual issues involved with dropping it on HBO Max without a theatrical release and that wouldn't solve the main problem of releasing a movie with Ezra in it.

There's no real contractual issues money can't solve. The latter though is as you say still an issue.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is how I see it playing out. The film is still a year out and the general public is going to move on to something else long before it releases, if it ever catches on. You recast Ezra and have the new actor appear at the end of the film when the timeline is 'fixed.' In the meantime, I'm sure they have reshoots and pick-ups scheduled in the coming months like all blockbusters. You start shifting the focus to Keaton, Calle, and the rest of the cast by shooting new scenes with them. You start trimming out Ezra as much as possible from the film. Hell, as someone suggested, rename the movie to Batman: Flashpoint. When it comes time to market the film, lean on Keaton and Calle. Follow through with the two of them during the press tour along with the other supporting cast.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
This is how I see it playing out. The film is still a year out and the general public is going to move on to something else long before it releases, if it ever catches on. You recast Ezra and have the new actor appear at the end of the film when the timeline is 'fixed.' In the meantime, I'm sure they have reshoots and pick-ups scheduled in the coming months like all blockbusters. You start shifting the focus to Keaton, Calle, and the rest of the cast by shooting new scenes with them. You start trimming out Ezra as much as possible from the film. Hell, as someone suggested, rename the movie to Batman: Flashpoint. When it comes time to market the film, lean on Keaton and Calle. Follow through with the two of them during the press tour along with the other supporting cast.
That's what WB would like. I say fuck that. They jumped ahead of this fully aware that it was coming hoping people would just ignore and that's simply a controversy. Keeping Ezra Miller in the film doesn't simply tarnishes The Flash as a character, it shows how fucking reckless and downright evil WB actions - or lack of them - have been behind the scenes. This involves a child being groomed by an actor that is now getting a vehicle as a 'superhero", a role model. WB would get properly trashed for going ahead with this and just "barreling through" like their Variety puff piece from one week ago suggested. Hell they should be getting a lot more shit right now for this, and mainstream media should better listen to these parents and what they are saying. There is no salvaging this trainwreck without fully replacing this piece of shit, not simply "yay, new Flash" at the end of the film. It's cynical, it's completely fucked up.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
he has a number of questionable people on his Twitter follow list if it means anything
Yep, he was following a tonne of right wing fucks like Shapiro, Candice Owens and others and yet followed no left or centre people at all.

When people realised and brought attention to it he suddenly stopped following anyone IIRC.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
How about we stop with the derail of the thread?

Jun 17, 2019
It's more like West Side Story and the lead in that being a predator. They are not the hugest star, but spending X tens or hundreds of millions to reshoot the movie or try to CGI them out isn't something any studio would want to do.

Yup and other than Tokyo vice, doesn't look like he has any new parts coming his way.

Which makes me think Ezra will probably not have any new roles either in the near future.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
Leaving Miller in the role is going to damage the flash brand and make it so toxic that there's no way you can have the character show up.
No one's going to understand that the actor changed it's just going to be "oh the groomer in the red suit"

Feb 16, 2022
That ET writeup was insane. This situation is a whole lot more complicated and is practically night and day compared to the Hawaii stuff.

I think at this point WB is just hoping to drop the movie to minimum fanfare, and recast in the future. As unfortunate as it is, all these news wouldn't make too much of an impact for the general audience to stay away from seeing the movie, at least not enough for WB to believe it would justify trashing the movie completely.

Jul 26, 2018
There is nothing to fire them from. The Flash has finished filming and there are no announced future appearances for the character.

"Firing" Ezra at this point would be cancelling the release of the film.
They finished filming so they don't really have anything to fire them from last we heard. It is weird that they haven't come out and confirmed they are recasting them.
Condemn them publicly and say you will release the film on streaming and home video to honor all the other hard working people that contributed to it happening and all proceeds from it go to organizations fighting child abuse.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Condemn them publicly and say you will release the film on streaming and home video to honor all the other hard working people that contributed to it happening and all proceeds from it go to organizations fighting child abuse.

WB isn't going to come out and make a statement that strong because of this specific accusation, especially when the victim in question is pushing back against claims of abuse.

I do think we're at a point where WB needs to make some sort of comment or distance themselves from Ezra but they're certainly not going to go as far as you're describing with the information that is out there right now.

(I also don't understand the "throw it on streaming" idea that has been thrown out there by a few people. I'm not sure what that accomplishes. Either way, they're releasing a movie with Ezra Miller for people to watch as entertainment.)

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I get that WB has a lot invested in this Flash project but the best thing for everyone involved would be to cancel it and then sue Ezra for the losses. This is one of those rare instances where being penniless and ruined may actually save someone from themselves.

I have my doubts WB would win a court case if they canceled the Flash movie and then decided to sue Ezra for the cost of the movie. Even if they were to win I seriously doubt Ezra has the $100+ million dollars it would have cost to make this movie and probably never will.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really confused why they can't serve them?
I'm not sure how tribal courts work but substituted service is a thing in vermont

Rule 4 - Process, Vt. R. Civ. P. 4 | Casetext Search + Citator

Read Rule 4 - Process, Vt. R. Civ. P. 4, see flags on bad law, and search Casetext’s comprehensive legal database

Or is that what they're waiting till the July court date for?

I have my doubts WB would win a court case if they canceled the Flash movie and then decided to sue Ezra for the cost of the movie. Even if they were to win I seriously doubt Ezra has the $100+ million dollars it would have cost to make this movie and probably never will.
They absolutely should sue them for breach of contract. I'm sure it has a morality clause and other things they likely will break.

Jun 17, 2019
I'm really confused why they can't serve them?
I'm not sure how tribal courts work but substituted service is a thing in vermont

Rule 4 - Process, Vt. R. Civ. P. 4 | Casetext Search + Citator

Read Rule 4 - Process, Vt. R. Civ. P. 4, see flags on bad law, and search Casetext’s comprehensive legal database

Or is that what they're waiting till the July court date for?

They absolutely should sue them for breach of contract. I'm sure it has a morality clause and other things they likely will break.

Regarding the top part, Ezra, like a lot of stars that have court or other legal things going on, is good at avoiding getting the paperwork served to them it seems. My guess the person doing the serving can't locate them. It indicates that they tried three times in Vermont while Ezra was thre in one of the interviews, so that would mean they are avoiding the papers being served to them.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the top part, Ezra, like a lot of stars that have court or other legal things going on, is good at avoiding getting the paperwork served to them it seems. My guess the person doing the serving can't locate them. It indicates that they tried three times in Vermont while Ezra was thre in one of the interviews, so that would mean they are avoiding the papers being served to them.
Yeah but if you're served 3 times typically they can then just leave them at your place if abode it a judge says you tried

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
According to the LA Times, they still can't find Miller to serve the protection order.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
New details:

Once again: Fuck Ezra Miller, fuck Warner Bros. Discovery and fuck David Zaslav.

Jun 17, 2019
So not only are they grooming Tokata/Gibson, since they were nine, the article mentions other girls. Exactly how many people are they doing this to?

And it sounds like Ezra seems into cultural appropriations, trying to tell Souix people how to be Indigenous, and using their practices to create Miller's own voodoo apparently.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Nah, The fact that treated Ezra fucking Miller as a hill worth dying on doesn't even make sense in a mustache twirling corporate villain sort of way.

supporting Ezra through all of this isn't looking away for some monetary incentive. It's an endorsement of their behavior despite the PR ramifications. It's like WB wants them to hurt people.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
it's comic books, it's not hard to swap Ezra with some alternative universe flash, if they wanna go that route.

not that some comic book shit is in any way the important thing here.

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
it's comic books, it's not hard to swap Ezra with some alternative universe flash, if they wanna go that route.

not that some comic book shit is in any way the important thing here.

It's not about being hard, it's about cost, Ezra is in 90+ percent of the movie and the movie is done…

They would have to reshoot the entire thing to replace Ezra.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
It's not about being hard, it's about cost, Ezra is in 90+ percent of the movie and the movie is done…

I mean the more shit that keeps coming out the more likely they will have to reshoot. I mean what is the threshold for removing someone from a film. Kidnapping and child predator doesn't seem to be it for WB. Do they have to go on a rampage with the guns they have stockpiled. At this point they should just dust the movie and reshoot as this isn't going to get any better.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017

I'm talking about replacing Ezra going forward after this flash movie, not reshooting the whole film which likely wont be happening. They might have to eat shit for the time being.

so go shoot a scene that tacks on some dumb comic book swap at the end. oops, we lost Ezra forever, but here's alternative world flash.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Last edited:

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Uh news says they are missing and has the teen?

people.com

Parents Claim Ezra Miller 'Brainwashed,' Is 'on the Run' with Their Teen, Who Responds in New Video

Chase Iron Eyes and Sara Jumping Eagle, who have lost contact with their 18-year-old child, tell PEOPLE they are 'worried about all the worst-case scenarios'

Is that sensationalized?

I mean, that's been the case since the story broke.

They aren't necessarily "missing" though. They are a person with the means to dodge document service.

Oct 27, 2017
Uh news says they are missing and has the teen?

people.com

Parents Claim Ezra Miller 'Brainwashed,' Is 'on the Run' with Their Teen, Who Responds in New Video

Chase Iron Eyes and Sara Jumping Eagle, who have lost contact with their 18-year-old child, tell PEOPLE they are 'worried about all the worst-case scenarios'

Is that sensationalized?
They haven't been able to find them to serve papers. I don't think it means anything more than they are eluding responsibility as of right now. They aren't "on the run" per se because they're not yet being charged with anything but that might change if they can't find them to serve them the documents.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
I mean the more shit that keeps coming out the more likely they will have to reshoot. I mean what is the threshold for removing someone from a film. Kidnapping and child predator doesn't seem to be it for WB.
Murder suicide would do it. Which, if we're truly following a cult playbook, isn't out of the realm of possibility until authorities track them down.

Oct 28, 2017
one factor that greatly complicates the idea of WB burying the release of the flash movie is that it's supposed to set up keaton batman/batgirl, supergirl, etc etc

I think they should bite the bullet and make drastic changes to the movie to write ezra out.

Oct 27, 2017
one factor that greatly complicates the idea of WB burying the release of the flash movie is that it's supposed to set up keaton batman/batgirl, supergirl, etc etc
I mean that's unfortunate and all that and it sucks for those new actors in their big breaks but they really just need to haul them back in and re-shoot it. It is absolutely unacceptable to try to just ignore everything and push this through the theaters to try to make budget back.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Pratt is probably not someone who's politics I would personally like, but as far as we know he has not publically done or said anything shitty.

Lilly and Wright on the other hand very much have.
It's actually kind of impressive that he has enough self awareness to keep his shitty politics to himself, usually that's the first thing to go for these types. How many celebrities have permanently destroyed their public images because they just can't help but share their awful, hateful opinions with the world?

Goku420

May 23, 2022
It's actually kind of impressive that he has enough self awareness to keep his shitty politics to himself, usually that's the first thing to go for these types. How many celebrities have permanently destroyed their public images because they just can't help but share their awful, hateful opinions with the world?
We don't know he HAS hateful politics himself

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that's been the case since the story broke.

They aren't necessarily "missing" though. They are a person with the means to dodge document service.

A judge signed a protective order at Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Court earlier this week, though, according to legal documents, the court "cannot locate or serve" the order to Miller, 29, because the Justice League actor's current whereabouts are unknown.

More to your point - somehow I doubt Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Court is sending out or even has the means to send out Dog the Bounty Hunter or whoever to serve him.

Like if they know exactly where he is and they can get ahold of a local sheriff's office - then great. But if not then it's probably not happening.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It seems to me that these big movie studios would have PI's, legal, and other teams tasked with vetting anyone they are considering giving an important role to when hundreds of millions of dollars are on the line. Did none of this troubling behavior come up with regard to Ezra prior to now? I just feel like there are questions that the studios need to answer here as well.