• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I think the problem is we don't know who is claiming this on Tokatas behalf and if they are being persuaded.
Yeah, It probably wouldn't be the first time a victim has stood up for their abuser.

Whether becuase they're brainwashed, feel ashamed, in denial, can't come to terms with it, etc. Sometimes you can't really see how much of a fucked up situation you're in till you've had some proper distance from it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how you'd go cutting the Flash out of the Flash movie.

Between Heard, Miller, and Rowling, WB movies are fucking cursed. Holy shit.

NexusCell

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I fucking hate that Miller is one of the only high profile non-binary actors in Hollywood and they are constantly being garbage.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how you'd go cutting the Flash out of the Flash movie.

Not only are they the main character, obviously. But, to make it even more unfeasible, the teaser literally shows TWO of them in scenes together.

WB is just gonna have to ride this storm out. And have the first real trailer look more like a Michael Keaton Batman movie.

Oct 27, 2017
Not only are they the main character, obviously. But, to make it even more unfeasible, the teaser literally shows TWO of them in scenes together.

WB is just gonna have to ride this storm out. And have the first real trailer look more like a Michael Keaton Batman movie.
Two that we saw. There may be more even.

If these allegations are all true- and the variety of evidence against of behavior women has been piling up for awhile against Ezra, then they need to scrap the movie. Either restart altogether or cut losses, don't release this bullshit, especially with a star who grooms a preteen.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
That's impossible because of HOW they get their information. They basically run off a bounty system, you bring them something good and they'll pay you. It's totally and completely unethical and pretty much every legit news agency would sooner lose a big scoop than pay for it and risk the info being bunk, which is how TMZ gets info so fast.

Sure but they could be unethical and not obfuscatory

Fact is we use them so I want better things

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021

If these allegations are all true- and the variety of evidence against of behavior women has been piling up for awhile against Ezra, then they need to scrap the movie. Either restart altogether or cut losses, don't release this bullshit, especially with a star who grooms a preteen.
Agreed. There is no "storming this". It's not Ezra Miller getting thrown out of clubs or getting charged with second-degree assault claims, it's not even they getting accused by a 19 year-old of abuse, regardless how disgusting all those claims are. Warner or any other studio can't have a character associated as big as the Flash associated with someone that grooms teenagers.

If this claims are indeed true, I don't think they are just done with The Flash, they are done altogether with Hollywood. The situation clearly isn't the same as it was weeks ago:

This is as far as an "unforeseen" development you can get. I honestly think that WB options are either delay and film with a new actor or flat out scrapping it. This isn't something that even Zaslav can say yeah, let's just power through this.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Imagine working on the movie's CGI right now and compositing multiple Millers per frame for weeks, knowing they're a despicable person that are going to absolutely tank this movie you're putting so much effort into.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Agreed. There is no "storming this". It's not Ezra Miller getting thrown out of clubs or getting charged with second-degree assault claims, it's not even they getting accused by a 19 year-old of abuse, regardless how disgusting all those claims are. Warner or any other studio can't have a character associated as big as the Flash associated with someone that grooms teenagers.

If this claims are indeed true, I don't think they are just done with The Flash, they are done altogether with Hollywood. The situation clearly isn't the same as it was weeks ago:

This is as far as an "unforeseen" development you can get. I honestly think that WB options are either delay and film with a new actor or flat out scrapping it. This isn't something that even Zaslav can say yeah, let's just power through this.

I mean they've sunk $100 million into it. One does not simply write that off as an L without a bunch of people being forced to resign.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Someone on tiktok said as much about Ezra after ending the relationship and that person looked very young (can't link anymore, they went private)... There's definitely a long ass list out there of all the people Ezra's abused and it seems like it's now slowly unravelling...

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta feel sorry for Grant Gustin in all this, there's gotta be confused folks hearing "Flash actor" and just thinking they're talking about them.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I don't believe you about your friends/family/acquaintances, but there is no planet where Ezra fucking Miller is more well known than Demi Lovato lmao
Does everybody know Demi's status though? That's relatively new public knowledge whereas much of Ezra's image for years has been grounded in their identity.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Someone on tiktok said as much about Ezra and that person looked very young (can't link anymore, they went private)... There's definitely a long ass list out there of all the people Ezra's abused and it's slowly unravelling...
There are screen caps of Ezra Miller's first 19 year-old accuser here:

www.sportskeeda.com

Mia Solange and Ezra Miller controversy explained amid latest accusations against 'The Flash' star

Ezra Miller has once again gotten themself into another controversy following their arrest in Hawaii.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Thought about this some more, and this is so utterly fucked up. Like R. Kelly levels of fucked up, and Ezra needs to be in jail pronto. Fuck The Flash or any other movie projects coming up. They're a menace to society at this point. I honestly don't give a shit what happens to the movie. Release it straight to streaming/DVD or scrap it altogether, then make a new version with the same actors minus Ezra. WB shouldn't enable this fucker anymore.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta feel sorry for Grant Gustin in all this, there's gotta be confused folks hearing "Flash actor" and just thinking they're talking about them.

I honestly imagine Grant isn't getting too much blowback here. The Arrowverse fandom would never in a million years get him and Ezra mixed up, and people who DON'T watch the Arrowverse shows are probably more aware of Ezra than they are of Grant's version because the Justice League movie got way more publicity than the CW show gets now.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
WB must be shitting themselves with choices they got. Drop a 100 million film into a crater then watch stocks plummet, spend more to cgi a actor then if bombs watch stocks plummet or just leave it and have a PR nightmare as your main tent pole for your new comic universe

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Misgendering
If these allegations are accurate he needs to go away for a while. Hope justice is served accordingly here. Jfc.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Does everybody know Demi's status though? That's relatively new public knowledge whereas much of Ezra's image for years has been grounded in their identity.
My whole family knows who Demi Lovato are. They have no clue who is either the Flash or Ezra Miller, maybe they would think it's Grant Gustin but I doubt that they could name them either. Demi Lovato and Sam Smith are both very famous people that identify themselves as non-binary.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
My whole family knows who Demi Lovato are. They have no clue who is either the Flash or Ezra Miller, maybe they would think it's Grant Gustin but I doubt that they could name them either. Demi Lovato and Sam Smith are both very famous people that identify themselves as non-binary.
My point is that many people know of Demi Lovato who came up out of the Disney machine and spent most of their music career as not publicly non-binary. You wouldn't know about the latter unless you were also into celebrity gossip from just a shade over a year ago.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
My point is that many people know of Demi Lovato who came up out of the Disney machine and spent most of their music career as not publicly non-binary. You wouldn't know about the latter unless you were also into celebrity gossip from just a shade over a year ago.
I honestly don't think Ezra Miller is as famous as you seem to think. Maybe in more geek circles, but not really with the overall population, I believe.

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Well, Ezra's done.

What does WB do at this point? STILL release the movie? It was already said that to replace Ezra, they'd have to start over from scratch.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly imagine Grant isn't getting too much blowback here. The Arrowverse fandom would never in a million years get him and Ezra mixed up, and people who DON'T watch the Arrowverse shows are probably more aware of Ezra than they are of Grant's version because the Justice League movie got way more publicity than the CW show gets now.
Pretty much, CW shows are kinda in a bubble.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Well, Ezra's done.

What does WB do at this point? STILL release the movie? It was already said that to replace Ezra, they'd have to start over from scratch.

1. Similar to what happened in 2021, pay off talent to send it straight to HBO Max
2. Reconfigure all the marketing to take focus off the Flash. Promote Supegirl and Keaton heavily, leaning on the ties with Batgirl film. Change the title to "Flashpoint".

Either or or maybe both

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well time to pay Zack Snyder the big bucks to digital remove Erza out of the Flash. This just sucks, every new news that comes out of Erza just keeps getting worse.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know if it's been already pointed out, but the thread title is really deceptive and inaccurate.

There is no mention in the article that Tokata was 14 when she was given drugs by Ezra (even the word "drugging" is not the best description of the situation... Bill Cosby drugged his victims, I don't see this being the same type of situation).

And the article clearly claims the bruises were from this year, when Tokata was 17/18 - not 14 like the title claims.

And did the parents really let her fly alone to another country by herself at the age of 14? Or did they accompany her on the trip? And do set visits need to be approved by the production? There is no mention of that in the article.

Still, the situation is fucked up and it's a shame that someone with all the talent that Ezra has and all the opportunities they have been given, they just throw it away by being such a trash human being.

Please don't take this as me trying to defend Ezra or minimizing the abuse. I am not. Like I said, the situation is fucked up by itself, so there is no need to mislead with inaccurate titles.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Well, Ezra's done.

- No media tour (they cannot possibly put Keaton out there and force him to answer questions about Miller-- regardless of any agreements, he WOULD get asked).

- Miller's image (unmasked) and name are stripped from all publicity.

- Vastly scaled back marketing budget.

- No premiere, or Miller is uninvited.

- Simultaneous HBO Max release on theatrical release day with little to no fanfare.

- Refuse to acknowledge any news stories and force this shit out.

- Kill Miller's Flash at the end of the film.

- Never speak of it again.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I understand the money gone to waste having already made the Flash film, and I was really excited for Michael Keaton as Batman to return, I feel bad for him and others, but how are you going to release a film starring Miller after all of these revelations?

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020

The problem is, and you almost have to feel for WB on this, they have multiple other projects in development which depend on getting The Flash out.

I'm with you that I would like to see this movie go unreleased if these allegations turn out to have some truth to them, but I'm not even sure how practical that is.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Well, Ezra's done.

What does WB do at this point?
Simple: make some of that money back while spending the least amount possible going forward. I imagine they'll spend heavy on marketing because you have to spend big on marketing to get the necessary volume of butts in seats for release weekend. They will hope to god they can squeeze maybe $250m out of the movie before home release. Otherwise, they're 100% in the red. More than that and they'll take it and run, and maybe someone at the studio won't get fired.

It's going to be pretty important that the movie does not suck. All the marketing in the world won't save the movie if it's not a red tomato.

They'll look to get Ezra some sort of help/intervention/placed in a treatment center early enough that they can tour them around so he can talk about how much they've grown over the last X months and try to redeem them as a person and potentially as an actor for the franchise going forward. They 100% don't want to have to recast him but he's pushing them into a position where they will likely have no choice. Especially if he doesn't get on board with whatever program they want to get him in like yesterday.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
All signs point to Ezra being a monster - I have friends who used to be friends with them, and while they didn't see the grooming stuff they saw a lot of other toxic shit that reflect the other types of reports coming from Hawaii.

But this takes it to a whole other level. What the fuck.

The situation clearly isn't the same as it was weeks ago:

At this point I have no idea what they could do -- maybe recast and do some weird deepfake/digital face replacement plus some rehoots, also throw the Flash in a CG mask for a lot of the film?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
At this point I have no idea what they could do -- maybe recast and do some weird deepfake/digital face replacement plus some rehoots, also throw the Flash in a CG mask for a lot of the film?
Nothing. Again, there is no scenario where they simply throw $100 million of the studio's dollars into the void. That money has to make money. $100m loss can break a studio. So they will stay the course and try to make this a $200m+ movie and at least break even.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nothing. Again, there is no scenario where they simply throw $100 million of the studio's dollars into the void. That money has to make money. $100m loss can break a studio. So they will stay the course and try to make this a $200m+ movie and at least break even.

I just don't believe that they can't erase Ezra from the film.

I know reshooting the whole film is out of the question, but it honestly it feels like this might require digital face replacements -- which probably wont look great - but like, if this continues to spiral you really can't throw an Ezra film out there like they aren't a monster

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018

...it honestly it feels like this might require digital face replacements -- which probably wont look great...
Remember the last time WB tried to digitally alter someone's face? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

3f834e47756c31741592fda08f0195dd

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

I know reshooting the whole film is out of the question, but it honestly it feels like this might require digital face replacements -- which probably wont look great - but like, if this continues to spiral you really can't throw an Ezra film out there like they aren't a monster
I don't think that tech is ready for a full movie, and who knows how much time it would take to deep fake hours worth of video. To say nothing of the mannerisms and acting style that Ezra uniquely brings to the role. No, they'd have to recast and reshoot. There is no shot the studio agrees to spend another $50m+ for reshoots. Not unless a huge Hollywood name agrees to take the mantle. In that case a reshoot and delay would likely result in significantly increased revenue. That they could sell to the board.

I'm not sure who that actor would be and I wouldn't expect anyone to step up and volunteer to take it.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
WB is using this film to set up others, so it's coming out one way or another. honestly just put a giant disclaimer at the start

"Sorry, Ezra Miller is a giant piece of human shit, but a lot of non shitty people worked hard on this film so yeh.. enjoy"

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they can reshoot/cut in another actor at this point. Would be SO expensive. But probably not right, they will be in almost every shot.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
WB is using this film to set up others, so it's coming out one way or another. honestly just put a giant disclaimer at the start

"Sorry, Ezra Miller is a giant piece of human shit, but a lot of non shitty people worked hard on this film so yeh.. enjoy"
when is this expected to release? Fall? If so, I'd fully expect WB to try to corral Ezra and get them into some sort of mental health and treatment program. Something they can spin as "they're reformed and doing much better now." Redemption story style.

If I were WB, I'd be trying to throw money at a B+ or A-lister who's popular enough to make the movie a $500m+ movie to take the roll and reshoot.

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
when is this expected to release? Fall? If so, I'd fully expect WB to try to corral Ezra and get him into some sort of mental health and treatment program. Something they can spin as "they're reformed and doing much better now." Redemption story style.

If I were WB, I'd be trying to throw money at a B+ or A-lister who's popular enough to make the movie a $500m+ movie to take the roll and reshoot.
Next June.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Wonder if they can reshoot/cut in another actor at this point. Would be SO expensive. But probably not right, they will be in almost every shot.
This was already answered in last Thursday's Ezra thread. They can't do it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...scene-in-the-movie-they-them-pronouns.590481/

With "The Flash," insiders say it would not be possible to replace Miller without reshooting the entire movie. They are in just about every scene, and there is not enough digital technology in existence to configure that magic without going back to square one. And redoing the entire film is not a realistic proposition for any movie — much less one that wrapped production months ago and already cost hundreds of millions.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, just CGI another actor and call it a day. We all know its gonna look bad but if it makes for a more enjoyable film without seeing Ezra then so be it.
At least this time it will just be a head/neck and not a mustache 🤷‍♂️

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just go ahead and kill off that Flash movie. Any profits would never outweigh the horrible publicity they would get.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Oh shit. They have plenty of time to make Ezra a "turned their life around plz come support them" story. Just a question of when will Ezra hit rock bottom and what comes of what appears to be a predatory nature. And if they seek help at any point this summer. If not, it will be really interesting to see what WB does. No shot they're going to hitch their wagon to an unrepentant predator and no shot they're going to doom one of their strongest brands (The Flash) to a one-and-done. They want to build a DCU...they need The Flash.

Honestly, just CGI another actor and call it a day. We all know its gonna look bad but if it makes for a more enjoyable film without seeing Ezra then so be it.
At least this time it will just be a head/neck and not a mustache 🤷‍♂️
I imagine they'd still have to pay Ezra in that scenario. I wonder if they have to pay him if he's straight up not in the movie anymore because reshoots?

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
My heart goes out to Tokata. Also, we may want to just refer to Tokata by "they/them" until we get crystal clear confirmation on their pronouns.

Do you think they could deepfake him into a different actor without doing reshoots? Some of those fanmade deep fakes are passable and it probably works way better when you have an actual actor hired to get custom facial data from.

The special effects nerd in me wants to see them attempt it.
You mean deepfake Barry, right?

Yeah, it didn't hit me that just how shitty the article was until I saw people misgender on this page. Thread title should be updated too.
I think I'm in agreement with this.

Where did you see that they want her to go to conversion therapy? I see where you said she felt her father's comments were transphobic but where did she say that?
I may have missed it, but I also would like to know this.

Ezra needs to run out of Hollywood and into custody of a prison somewhere it would seem.

Not gonna watch The Flash with him in it. Ever.
when is this expected to release? Fall? If so, I'd fully expect WB to try to corral Ezra and get him into some sort of mental health and treatment program. Something they can spin as "they're reformed and doing much better now." Redemption story style.

They/them, friends.