• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I searched the twitter account and went to their profile and the vid isn't there or was deleted. Also they are from portland and the other screencap said this happened in Iceland? So I searched the reddit account in the other screencap and the thread was posted on April 1st only has 15 posts and they also deleted it and their account too.

Something seems off about it

This whole thing is weird and I'm not comfortable with everyone who's ready to take their conclusions here before we have something at least a bit more concrete.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
So you don't agree then.

It would be the same if people were using "him" in a hateful manner because they know Ezra is non-binary, which I dont think has been the case with anybody here. I would say it's because they either didnt know Ezra was non-binary or was an oversight and didnt think about it before writing. It's a simple mistake and has been corrected.

The same doesnt apply to your example. You cant accidentally call a gay person the f word or a black person the n word, those are intentional and there is no way to call someone those things without being hateful and homophobic or racist.
I edited my original post because I didn't realize Ezra was non binary, but I think it really has to do more with being respectful towards people that are non binary who have to deal with being misgendered probably everyday. It's not really about what Ezra Miller wants and from the looks of it it seems we all agree that what Ezra did is completely fucked up

I agree with that, we should continue to use the proper pronouns regardless of how shitty Ezra is, it just seemed like people were focusing more on that aspect than the actual OP.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
It would be the same if people were using "him" in a hateful manner because they know Ezra is non-binary, which I dont think has been the case with anybody here. I would say it's because they either didnt know Ezra was non-binary or was an oversight and didnt think about it before writing. It's a simple mistake and has been corrected.

The same doesnt apply to your example. You cant accidentally call a gay person the f word or a black person the n word, those are intentional and there is no way to call someone those things without being hateful and homophobic or racist.

I agree with that, we should continue to use the proper pronouns regardless of how shitty Ezra is, it just seemed like people were focusing more on that aspect than the actual OP.
I am of course not talking about people who are genuinely ignorant of someone's preferred pronouns. I'm also not saying anyone is necessarily deliberately misgendering in here. However, there are people taking issue with the mod message which implies that they think if someone is a bad person it means you can call them whatever you want. Which is where my slur comparison comes in.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
I am of course not talking about people who are genuinely ignorant of someone's preferred pronouns. I'm also not saying anyone is necessarily deliberately doing that here. However, there are people taking issue with the mod message which implies that they think if someone is a bad person it means you can call them whatever you want. Which is where my slur comparison comes in.
I see where you're coming from and I apologize if my earlier posts came off as being insensitive towards non-binary people, that wasn't my intention.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wasn't which is why I edited it quickly after I reread my second sentence using the wrong one. Seeing them take down a woman is disgusting. I respect the pronoun but have no desire to call them anything other than a piece shit.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
As if the performance, design, and characterization weren't enough to reboot and recast The Flash

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
Ezra Miller recorded choking a woman

The incredibly brief video shows Ezra Miller grabbing and holding a woman by the neck, pushing her around and then pushing her to the ground. It does not show Miller "choking" anyone. Ezra also doesn't "slam" her to the ground as some people are claiming, they hold her while pushing her to the ground like they want to look tough but without being too tough. It's weird. It's fucked up enough that Miller put hands on her, we don't need the editorialising.

The tweet in the OP says "ezra miller fully choked a fan", but what the hell does "fully choking" someone even mean?

I don't know why anyone would be taking the words of now deleted twitter posts as gospel. The deleted post claim police were called so it seems like it would be easy for media to verify.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The incredibly brief video shows Ezra Miller grabbing and holding a woman by the neck, pushing her around and then pushing her to the ground. It does not show Miller "choking" anyone. Ezra also doesn't "slam" her to the ground as some people are claiming, they hold her while pushing her to the ground like they want to look tough but without being too tough. It's weird. It's fucked up enough that Miller put hands on her, we don't need the editorialising.

The tweet in the OP says "ezra miller fully choked a fan", but what the hell does "fully choking" someone even mean?

I don't know why anyone would be taking the words of now deleted twitter posts as gospel.
Good post.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So random, Im gonna say drugs is a big part of what this was.

Doesn't excuse it in the slightest and there should be legal reprecussions.
yeah I was going to say, Miller comes off drunk. But I also have no idea what's going on in the video either, it is incredibly random.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
As if the performance, design, and characterization weren't enough to reboot and recast The Flash

There is one element that convinced me that with the right writers, Ezra could pull it off:

giphy.gif

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Rationalizing transphobia
I am concerned and aware of using the correct pronouns to address someone.

I couldn't give a shit what someone CHOKING A WOMAN calls themselves, and I think a lot of people are missing the forrest for the trees

carlystan

Mar 23, 2019
Can I get a source on Ezra Miller preferring they/them pronouns? From my googling, it seems they are fine with any pronouns. I'm trans and the misconception that they/them are the default pronouns for nb people gets on my nerves.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Ezra has a bigger role in Fantastic Beasts than in the DCEU, which has been a non starter.
They are lined up to be the major plot point in that series

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

I don't know why anyone would be taking the words of now deleted twitter posts as gospel. The deleted post claim police were called so it seems like it would be easy for media to verify.
Hmm yea this is weird.

There is no choking going on, just having a hand near the throat is not choking. You would know if someone is being choked, it is very aggressive.
There isn't a slam either, Ezra seems to guide her down. A slam is also obvious and very aggressive.

There is a disconnect here between what these actions look like, and the mundane look of the actions in the video.

I'm getting deja vu like I've seen this video before but years ago.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
The Ezra Defense-force :
Actually they're not choking the girl, they're only grabbing and holding her by the neck...
Actually it can't be called a slam, they're only pushing her to the ground...
The move isn't agressive enough, they almost fall with the girl...

Or maybe they were intoxicated and not able to fight as good as they want, drunk fights are clumsy. Only thing missing in the vid is a bouncer throwing them on their ass...

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I am concerned and aware of using the correct pronouns to address someone.

I couldn't give a shit what someone CHOKING A WOMAN calls themselves, and I think a lot of people are missing the forrest for the trees

The problem is that when you say "X person is an asshole so it's okay to misgender them", what you're actually saying is "I don't see using someone's correct pronouns and not misgendering them as a right to be respected, but rather as a privilege that can be revoked". And that's transphobic.

Ezra Miller is a piece of shit. That does NOT give you the right to misgender them.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is that when you say "X person is an asshole so it's okay to misgender them", what you're actually saying is "I don't see using someone's correct pronouns and not misgendering them as a right to be respected, but rather as a privilege that can be revoked". And that's transphobic.

Ezra Miller is a piece of shit. That does NOT give you the right to misgender them.

honest question, because I DONT KNOW the answer.

Can I give a shit what other people want to be called, but not give a shit what a piece of shit wants to be called?

I just usually operate on everyone deserves respect, until they dont. Ezra miller does not. So im not gonna go out of my way to misgender him, now that I know, but im not gonna feel bad for not knowing.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Can I give a shit what other people want to be called, but not give a shit what a piece of shit wants to be called?

I just usually operate on everyone deserves respect, until they dont. Ezra miller does not. So im not gonna go out of my way to misgender him, now that I know, but im not gonna feel bad for not knowing.

No.

If a gay does something shitty you can be homophobic? Of course not.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
pretty shocking video. the downplaying of how weird it is is, well, weird. unless we get some unprecedented explanation from everyone involved it's pretty clearly bad behavior

hee hee you're so slick and funny! oooooh you got another one in on us you rascal. eat worms

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
where are you people seeing her hit the ground?

oh i think is a step or something right?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The Ezra Defense-force :
Actually they're not choking the girl, they're only grabbing and holding her by the neck...
Actually it can't be called a slam, they're only pushing her to the ground...
The move isn't agressive enough, they almost fall with the girl...

Or maybe they were intoxicated and not able to fight as good as they want, drunk fights are clumsy. Only thing missing in the vid is a bouncer throwing them on their ass...
It isn't "defense force" to say the video looks more like a play fight than a violent act.

It might not be, but it doesn't look forceful. Without before and after it isn't clear.

We never learn with these things...

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Watched it without sound at first and it seemed kinda playful and too contextless. Then saw it with sound and damn. They sounded really aggressive. I was scared for the girl.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Watched it without sound at first and it seemed kinda playful and too contextless. Then saw it with sound and damn. They sounded really aggressive. I was scared for the girl.
I watched it with the sound low first too, it definitely looks worse now I've watched it with the sound up.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

This post made me more angry than the video. Fuck off with this

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really confused watching the clip, she goes for a friendly handshake and then out of nowhere they choke slams her to the ground, like WHY?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing missing in the vid is a bouncer throwing them on their ass...

Which is where my problem with this whole thing stems from. According to the screenshots of the comments, this happened outside a bar in Iceland. Iceland has been on lockdown since March 24th, which includes the closing of all bars, but the video wasn't uploaded until April 2nd.

Even ignoring that the video wasn't uploaded until over a week after the alleged incident, surely if Ezra Miller was arrested for assaulting a fan outside a bar we would've heard about it a week ago? Celebrities get arrested all the time and it always makes the news. Yet there's no video of bouncers restraining Ezra Miller, no video of them spitting at people, no video of police showing up.

All we have is a video that conveniently cuts all the context out and the only "proof" we have of any of this happening the way they said it did are a bunch of unverifiable tweets that have since been deleted.

So call me part of an Ezra Miller Defence Force if you want but folks on the internet are way too eager to race each other to see who can condemn people the fastest and I'm tired of it. This obsession with internet brownie points is disgusting and your ego is far less important than investigating accusations without bias and waiting for both sides to have their say before passing judgment.