• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a joke. The way she walked up to Ezra, the way Ezra held her with both hands, the way she was lowered to the floor with basically no force and didn't resist at all... If they were only playfighting and she wasn't hurt, and she's the one who said she could take him in a fight in the first place, is it really right to start calling for Ezra to be fired from everything ever?

I mean ezra put hands on a stranger's throat without consent

that's pretty fucking bad lol.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sound like a bit of shits and giggles. According to the person there from the tweet, Ezra started to spit on people and needed to be restrained before the police showed up.

Just seems weird. Who goes up to a likely drunk famous person outside a bar (?) and tells them they could beat them up? Doesn't Ezra usually have security, too? Why did her friends only record the playfighting and not the interactions before or after? You mean she didn't even want a picture taken with Ezra Miller before wanting a fight?

Eh, no point speculating I s'pose. I'm sure whatever happened will be explained soon enough. At the very least there should be security footage and that'd tell us immediately if this was a setup that went too far.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
I searched the twitter account and went to their profile and the vid isn't there or was deleted. Also they are from portland and the other screencap said this happened in Iceland? So I searched the reddit account in the other screencap and the thread was posted on April 1st only has 15 posts and they also deleted it and their account too.

Something seems off about it

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a disappointment...

Same for Liam Gallagher. Saw a hotel video of him last year choking his wife I think. Disgusting.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice victim blaming there.

I'm not blaming the victim for anything and I'd rather you didn't accuse me of that because the mods here are overly sensitive.

I'm just saying if she went up to Ezra Miller outside of a bar and jokingly said she could take them in a fight, it stands to reason the whole thing was probably just a joke. The fact her friends only recorded the "fight" seems to back that up. You can tell from the video Ezra doesn't actually intend to hurt her, too. Surely if Ezra Miller had been arrested for assault outside of a bar, it would have been on the news before this video showed up?

A little bit of patience here would go a long way. Folks on the internet are way too eager to jump the gun and start grabbing their pitchforks.

I mean, has anyone even asked when the video was recorded? We're kind of in the middle of a pandemic here and if this video was really recorded in Iceland, it must have been recorded before March 24th because that's when the country went on lockdown.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
If I didn't know this was real I would assume this was a badly choreographed fight. It just looks so fake and goofy.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Ok wow that was way more extreme than I was expecting. Does Ezra have issues with drugs or alcohol? Reacting like that to a fan play-fighting ain't normal

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I watched it on mute the first time and now watching it with sound holy shit the slamming sound of her against the thing behind her. There was real force there after her throat is grabbed.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
if it was a joke how come the ppl filming are like "whoa bro bro bro bro"

like c'mon

he doesn't need to get his career ruined, but at minimum he should apologize for his behavior and likely drinking problem

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
i expected a boundary-breaking but half-assed choke

did not expect them to grab her and toss her on the ground like WWE

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See what happen when you don't socially distant

tenor.gif

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
After what Emile Hirsch got away with, I'm not sure what's a career ender in Hollywood.

I mean, he does still have a career but outside of a small bit part in Tarantino's OUATIH it's all been low budget, straight to VOD stuff.

I don't seem him getting any big studio gigs or high profile TV roles again.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I mean, he does still have a career but outside of a small bit part in Tarantino's OUATIH it's all been low budget, straight to VOD stuff.

I don't seem him getting any big studio gigs or high profile TV roles again.
He works a ton, but yeah not a lot of big stuff. In one upcoming movie he stars alongside Bruce Willis and Megan Fox, and in another he's with Mel Gibson. Yuuuuuck.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Ah, fair enough, knew that Ezra used they/them when referring to themselves, didn't realise that that they were comfortable with any so my bad

Please be mindful that Ezra Miller - the asshole filmed here, drunkenly choke-slamming a young girl - prefers "they/them" pronouns. Don't make the mistake, if they come around here, their feelings could be hurt.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like it could be a play fight from the footage. Need to hear more before I comment further.

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Yeah, nothing to do with that. I didn't see that. I just saw the title and clicked the video, didn't read the tweets.

That's on me. But it was just the way they behaved in interviews/other press and even the interpretation of The Flash. Never had really any desire to see more. Just always came off as the kid in class who wanted to make everyone laugh but made everyone cringe instead. Doesn't matter what gender, anyone can be that way (and I sure as hell know I was at one point when I was in middle school)

That's the best Ezra definition possible, took the words righ out of my mouth

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is a lot of information missing in that video.

There is no context at all. Wtf happened after the choking?

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
I support using a non-binary person's preferred pronoun but it seems odd that we are concerned about what Ezra prefers in a thread about him choke slamming a fan to the ground.

Correct pronoun vs choke slamming someone, just seems like some people are getting hung up on the wrong details here.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I support using a non-binary person's preferred pronoun but it seems odd that we are concerned about what Ezra prefers in a thread about him choke slamming a fan to the ground.

Correct pronoun vs choke slamming someone, just seems like some people are getting hung up on the wrong details here.
If Ezra was gay it wouldn't give you a pass to call them homophobic slurs. Same situation applies here.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017

Is it really support when you pick and choose who deserves it based on merit.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
User Banned (1 month): Minimizing transphobia

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO

I edited my original post because I didn't realize Ezra was non binary, but I think it really has to do more with being respectful towards people that are non binary who have to deal with being misgendered probably everyday. It's not really about what Ezra Miller wants and from the looks of it it seems we all agree that what Ezra did is completely fucked up

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
It's not about Ezra's feelings it's about the act of misgendering being hateful in and of itself.

Maybe that's more the juxtaposition of the title and the mod message that sounded disconnected to me :

Ezra Miller recorded choking a woman
(Please be mindful that Ezra Miller prefers "they/them" pronouns.)

They are shown being a piece of shit, whatever their pronouns are

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
Is it really support when you pick and choose who deserves it based on merit.
That's not what I was getting at and I may have worded it poorly, Im not saying we shouldnt use they/them when talking about Ezra, it just seems like the thread was more about that than the actual content of the OP.

I understand the initial correction and the mod note but it seems like 20 different people all jumped at the chance to make the correction after it had already been addressed.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not about Ezra's feelings it's about the act of misgendering being hateful in and of itself.
This. I don't care if Ezra would feel shitty about being misgendered, they seem like an awful person (at least, if this is what it looks like it is). When you're being shitty about Ezra's gender though, you're not just dunking on Ezra, you're dunking on nonbinary gender.

Last edited:

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that's more the juxtaposition of the title and the mod message that sounded disconnected to me :

Ezra Miller recorded choking a woman
(Please be mindful that Ezra Miller prefers "they/them" pronouns.)

They are shown being a piece of shit, whatever their pronouns are
I'm just repeating myself at this point but the mods are clearly concerned about misgendering being a hateful act regardless of context (like slurs) and not about protecting Ezra. Seeing anything else in the mod message is on you.