• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something? That video is so short it's almost impossible to tell the context. It could be a joke for all I know. The fan seems to be playing along and happy and the video cuts off when the situation would seem to tell a more detailed story.

How are you deducing that the fan is happy and playing along with it after they grab her throat? Yes she's smiling and cheerful prior to the choke, but it goes chokehold to take down, with the people recording then going "woah!"

Oct 25, 2017
What in the fucking fuck Ezra...

Are they known for unstable behaviour at all?

Also yikes at that short film - had no clue they were such a shithead.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
You think with all their privileges, celebrities will act or at least learn to act with some decency towards their fans, if only for self-preservation.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
pretty decent actor but they should fire his ass if that flash movie ever gets made, nobody will miss this dork.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grant Gustin stays winning.

As someone who doesn't care about The Flash, Grant Gustin is a million times more likable than Ezra, even before this. He would absolutely be a better pick. Using the TV actors when they make blockbuster adaptations never happens, but they should see a better casting decision when they see one.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is awful but I'm pretty sure Ezra has a history of shitty stuff.

www.google.com

Never Forget: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Ezra Miller Made A Short Film From Mike Brown's Killer's Perspective - Shadow and Act

Since his breakthrough performance in We Need To Talk About Kevin , Ezra Miller has gone on to deliver acclaimed performances in films such as The Perks Of Being A Wallflower , The Stanford Prison Experiment and Justice League . His acting style, equal parts cogent and quirky, earned acclaim...
"Racism is alive and well in America; it's the foundation upon which the country was born. The horror and injustice of this death are undeniable," Miller and Guy state on Tribeca's website. "However, our outrage and surprise, our desire to point at this murder, isolate it and choose a side reveals the comfort that we possess in holding onto the pain that we've been prescribed."

Miller and Guy also stated the film's intent. "This film is not about picking a side, this is about recognition of the fear that we all possess and the need for us to chart a new course," they said.
giphy.gif

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I thought Ezra was already out as Flash prior to this? Didn't WB/DC refuse a script of theirs and they had a damn fit about it? They just hadn't recast yet. Oh, well. No big loss. Always thought they were creepy anyway. They can join Amber Heard in the "Never work again" club.

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
always thought Ezra Miller was weird and annoying, guess he's a dick too
Besides the misgendering (about which there's a note in one of the tweets in the OP), knowing they're non-binary, this comes off a bit gross to be honest. Like, I'm sure you're not doing it on purpose, and maybe you have some actual reason to think they're weird and annoying instead of simple prejudice, but it's good to be aware that non-binaries and other LGBTIQA+ have a long history of being considered as "weird and annoying".

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Besides the misgendering (about which there's a note in one of the tweets in the OP), knowing they're non-binary, this comes off a bit gross to be honest. Like, I'm sure you're not doing it on purpose, and maybe you have some actual reason to think they're weird and annoying instead of simple prejudice, but it's good to be aware that non-binaries and other LGBTIQA+ have a long history of being considered as "weird and annoying".
Yeah, nothing to do with that. I didn't see that. I just saw the title and clicked the video, didn't read the tweets.

That's on me. But it was just the way they behaved in interviews/other press and even the interpretation of The Flash. Never had really any desire to see more. Just always came off as the kid in class who wanted to make everyone laugh but made everyone cringe instead. Doesn't matter what gender, anyone can be that way (and I sure as hell know I was at one point when I was in middle school)

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Yeah, nothing to do with that. I didn't see that. I just saw the title and clicked the video, didn't read the tweets.

That's on me. But it was just the way they behaved in interviews/other press and even the interpretation of The Flash. Never had really any desire to see more. Just always came off as the kid in class who wanted to make everyone laugh but made everyone cringe instead. Doesn't matter what gender, anyone can be that way (and I sure as hell know I was at one point when I was in middle school)
That's fair

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Drive-By Posting
Not wanting to derail or anything, but just waking up and quickly reading posts and referring to someone as they is confusing as hell.
I mean I'll do it, everyone can be what they want.

But man it's confusing.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Right now a Warner Bros executive is leaning back in their and saying to themselves, "Well, that situation took care of itself..".

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
Looking it up and seeing that this was the kid who played Kevin in We Need to Talk About Kevin was a shock. That film is messed up. On the topic at hand however, don't know what the fuck they were thinking attacking that lady like that. What the hell is even going through one's mind to do such a thing? A joke taken too far? Just weird behaviour.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
This is awful but I'm pretty sure Ezra has a history of shitty stuff.

www.google.com

Never Forget: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Ezra Miller Made A Short Film From Mike Brown's Killer's Perspective - Shadow and Act

Since his breakthrough performance in We Need To Talk About Kevin , Ezra Miller has gone on to deliver acclaimed performances in films such as The Perks Of Being A Wallflower , The Stanford Prison Experiment and Justice League . His acting style, equal parts cogent and quirky, earned acclaim...
Urgh, for real?
Well, I never liked his Flash anyway
I believe this turned out to be a lie so they could get people with a twist, the short film showed someone portraying Darren WIlson being emotional acting out his TV interview. The twist being that he was rehearsing what he was going to say in a mirror before someone calls him in to do the actual interview.

But yeah Ezra Miller looks kinda crazy judging by this video

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
You probably shouldn't ever jokingly choke slam someone. Their tone didn't sound too jovial and playful either. This is disgusting.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Gross

Also what's with all the KPop spam in reply to, like, everything lately

They want their favoute group's videos to get lots of views so they spam it everywhere.

It's like when a new kpop music video comes out, you get tons of comment saying:

"Don't use emoji! It freezes the view count"

It's really just a lot of dumb children.

-----

This is quite messed up.
In some Harry Potter interviews they seemed like a very touchy feely jovial flamboyant person, seems like it's a good mask for someone like this.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a joke. The way she walked up to Ezra, the way Ezra held her with both hands, the way she was lowered to the floor with basically no force and didn't resist at all... If they were only playfighting and she wasn't hurt, and she's the one who said she could take him in a fight in the first place, is it really right to start calling for Ezra to be fired from everything ever?

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I think this is a joke. The way she walked up to Ezra, the way Ezra held her with both hands, the way she was lowered to the floor with basically no force and didn't resist at all... If they were only playfighting and she wasn't hurt, and she's the one who said she could take him in a fight in the first place, is it really right to start calling for Ezra to be fired from everything ever?

Doesn't sound like a bit of shits and giggles. According to the person there from the tweet, Ezra started to spit on people and needed to be restrained before the police showed up.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
i mean, if you're playfighting with someone you don't know, you probably like do some pulled punches, some funny sound effects etc.
you don't put your hands around their neck
or put them to the ground

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
i mean, if you're playfighting with someone you don't know, you probably like do some pulled punches, some funny sound effects etc.
you don't put your hands around their neck
or put them to the ground
At the most I can see loosely placing hands round their neck (but not applying any real force) for a photo or whatever. But only with making clear they are OK with it first.