• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That depends entirely on the contract they have. And they aren't the only ones that worked on the movie either.
It's pretty standardized that actors make money off the ticket sales when it comes to these blockbuster-type films. No actor is going to sign away an additional payout for upfront payment only with a big studio.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Has MIller already been paid for Flash, does anyone really know? Like do they gain financially if it's released?

Not saying it should be either way... just curious.

Oct 27, 2017
Ezra will make money off of the ticket sales and whatever else was baked into their contract. They don't need to be given more money to enable their madness.
You're assuming they even have that clause in their contract. Either way, WB cancelling the project doesn't improve the current situation. This whole thing is far more complicated and beyond anything WB can do.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
It's pretty standardized that actors make money off the ticket sales when it comes to these blockbuster-type films. No actor is going to sign away an additional payout for upfront payment only with a big studio.

It's pretty standard that big actors make money off the revenue of a film. Nobody shares in the ticket sales. Ezra isn't a big actor though, I wouldn't bank on them having a profit sharing deal, and if they did it won't be amazing. And those type of deals can be nuked for inappropriate behavior I've seen somebody lose their entire backend just cause they skipped the premiere.

May 10, 2018
Nah. That's true for Robert Downey with Marvel which won't happen again & Tom Cruise pulled that with the new Top Gun.

It's actually rare for most actors to get residuals from the box office.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Has MIller already been paid for Flash, does anyone really know? Like do they gain financially if it's released?

I am sure they would receive residuals at the very least. Anyone thinking they don't benefit after this is released is being silly. Not to mention I am sure they get some funding from the toy sales related to the movie that bears their likeness.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard at this point to see this ending any way other than a tragedy. I hope I'm wrong.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017

Ezra was already paid, but can potentially earn even more. Backend deals where they earn a percentage of ticket sales are a common part of contracts with lead actors in Blockbuster movies.

Teusery

May 18, 2022

So we still don't actually know. And what if a release was baked into whatever contract Ezra signed? What if WB cancels the movie so Ezra gets to sue a la Scar Jo?

www.cnbc.com

Scarlett Johansson and Disney settle 'Black Widow' lawsuit

Scarlett Johansson and the Walt Disney Company have settled the breach of contract lawsuit the "Black Widow" actor brought against the studio in July.

More millions for Ezra.

Also, again, Ezra did not work on the movie alone. 200 million dollars should go up in smoke? How many hundreds of people were on set? What contracts do they all have? Who got their first job working on this and needs it for their resume?

This is basically just people wanting Ezra to be punished, but that's the laws job, not Warner Brothers.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
With all this wild stuff coming to light I'm actually amazed Ezra Miller was able to somehow hold it together long enough to finish that movie.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Ezra was already paid, but can potentially earn even more. Backend deals where they earn a percentage of ticket sales are a common part of contracts with lead actors in Blockbuster movies.
Well that's what I'm asking; I am aware backend deals exist.. just wondering if anyone knows if MIller had anything like that.

My understanding is those sorts of things are fairly rare for young actors. Television being an exception for whatever reason.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So we still don't actually know. And what if a release was baked into whatever contract Ezra signed? What if WB cancels the movie so Ezra gets to sue a la Scar Jo?

www.cnbc.com

Scarlett Johansson and Disney settle 'Black Widow' lawsuit

Scarlett Johansson and the Walt Disney Company have settled the breach of contract lawsuit the "Black Widow" actor brought against the studio in July.

More millions for Ezra.

Also, again, Ezra did not work on the movie alone. 200 million dollars should go up in smoke? How many hundreds of people were on set? What contracts do they all have?

This is basically just people wanting Ezra to be punished, but that's the laws job, not Warner Brothers.
As if Ezra is in the right frame of mind to have legal proceedings against WB for not releasing their film. WB has more than enough proof to defend themselves in court. Ezra is mentally unstable, a detriment to the success of the film and the company. If WB wanted to write the film off, they could, and would have even more reason to than everything else they've shelved so far.

And yeah again it would suck for all the people who were involved but WB clearly doesn't give a shit about those people or they wouldn't have shelved Batgirl and Scoob and wouldn't be on a cancellation and layoff spree. I definitely would hate to see their work get shelved but this isn't like Batgirl or laying off HBO Max's staff and ending scripted content.

The Flash might be worked on by thousands of people, but Ezra is the face of it. You can't separate them from it.

Even more excerpts from this article

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying they need to be arrested but are they actually doing anything illegal(and is there actionable evidence)? It's not like I'm an expert on gun laws and what not, but owning a gun and wearing body armor is concerning but possibly not illegal. It sounds like the grooming accusations are denied by the victim, who is an adult. It may be a situation where it's hella concerning but there isn't enough to do anything. Idk

I mean, just because the victim denies the accusations doesn't mean it didn't happen. It literally says they met her when she was 12.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
at this point is feels like theyre gonna get someone killed

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying they need to be arrested but are they actually doing anything illegal(and is there actionable evidence)? It's not like I'm an expert on gun laws and what not, but owning a gun and wearing body armor is concerning but possibly not illegal. It sounds like the grooming accusations are denied by the victim, who is an adult. It may be a situation where it's hella concerning but there isn't enough to do anything. Idk

Probably depends on where they're driving around. Gun laws vary a lot in the US.

It'd be better if this ends peacefully but it probably won't. Hopefully bystanders don't get hurt or killed when this inevitably ends.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
For such a 'progressive' forum there is certainly a regressive attitude to mental illness.
And there's plenty of people totally willing to ignore legitimate wrongdoing and give cover to horrible shit for no reason. They're a danger to themselves and to others, in no universe would help alone be enough. With what they've done, they need jail.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, just because the victim denies the accusations doesn't mean it didn't happen. It literally says they met her when she was 12.
I don't think anyone is denying the accusations. Unfortunately, there's not much law enforcement can do when the victim themselves, who is now a legal adult, denies the allegations. What are they going to arrest them for?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope I end up being wrong, but it's hard to see a resolution to all of this that isn't tragic for one person or another.

Rukland

Oct 28, 2017
So while I agree with the idea of shelving the movie, I am not worried about doing it because Ezra might make more money of it. They got paid already and might get more and while that would be all kinds of wrong. My real issue here is that WB is willing to release a movie starring Ezra with the intent to make money off of them. It sickens me that they are not at all concerned about the optics on this but are obviously only looking at this dollar signs.

Yes I will not be seeing this movie no matter what, but there will be others who will go because of this. Some will want to see what all the fuss was, and there will be others that have zero idea about what Ezra has been doing an also go. WB knows this and they do not care they just want to grab that bag and then move on. And that makes me sick.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
this is a weird press tour for the Flash

"the Flash is coming to a town near you! avoid them at all costs!"

Teusery

May 18, 2022
As if Ezra is in the right frame of mind to have legal proceedings against WB for not releasing their film.

Literally no one knows what's going on in Ezra's mind.

WB has more than enough proof to defend themselves in court. Ezra is mentally unstable, a detriment to the success of the film and the company. If WB wanted to write the film off, they could, and would have even more reason to than everything else they've shelved so far.

Then why wouldn't they? Why aren't they wiping their hands clean of the whole thing if it's so easy?

And yeah again it would suck for all the people who were involved but WB clearly doesn't give a shit about those people or they wouldn't have shelved Batgirl and Scoob and wouldn't be on a cancellation and layoff spree. I definitely would hate to see their work get shelved but this isn't like Batgirl or laying off HBO Max's staff and ending scripted content.

The Flash might be worked on by thousands of people, but Ezra is the face of it. You can't separate them from it.

The general public is probably still blissfully unaware of what's going on with Ezra.

Womble

Banned
Apr 15, 2022
And there's plenty of people totally willing to ignore legitimate wrongdoing and give cover to horrible shit for no reason. They're a danger to themselves and to others, in no universe would help alone be enough. With what they've done, they need jail.

I honestly can barely be bothered to argue with anyone being this ignorant.

Psychosis, schizophrenia, narcassistic personality disorders etc. are not treated by jail time. You are asking for punitive measures to be taken against people for having a mental disorder. You actually want to punish someone for having mental health issues?

Involuntary treatment orders are a thing for a reason; they protect others from people with mental health issues while treating the individual who suffers from the disorder.

Jail time will do nothing if it doesn't treat the underlying issues.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
For such a 'progressive' forum there is certainly a regressive attitude to mental illness.

It's almost as if Etika never happened. I'm seeing the exact same lack of apathy that I saw back then... until Etika died.

If anything happens to Ezra, I don't wanna hear any of that "thoughts & prayers" mess, because we're just gonna roll back around to the "...this you?" finger pointing.

And then STILL nothing gets done.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
It's almost as if Etika never happened. I'm seeing the exact same lack of apathy that I saw back then... until Etika died.

If anything happens to Ezra, I don't wanna hear any of that "thoughts & prayers" mess, because we're just gonna roll back around to the "...this you?" finger pointing.

And then STILL nothing gets done.
Comparing an white and rich person with several accusations of abuse, some by minors to Etika is completely absurd. If Ezra kills themselves or someone else or more, then it's on authorities and also those who didn't want to talk about this and brigaded on social media trying their best to protect Miller for some very weird reasons. What you are saying is ridiculous.