• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
Does Ezra just get into trouble every few months? It seems like every few months they are either assaulting or berating someone.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
This behavior is unacceptable and needs to be addressed, but I genuinely hope that Ezra is given the help that they need.
Not that it's relevant but I really liked Ezra as Flash and have been looking forward to seeing more from them.

Disney supports Republicans who want to get rid of the LGBT+ community. They ain't firing anyone. Still got anti-vaxxers too. Disney don't care.
This.

The only difference between WB/Disney is that Disney tries to protect their brand, so as soon as something like the Mandolarian controversies enter the public discourse, then they take action. Not before. And even then, they are inconsistent. To our knowledge, they still haven't done anything regarding Evangeline Lilly, even though she's been publicly called out by other MCU actors.

Context: She's a very loud and proud antivaxxer but also went on a blistering, nonsensical rant supporting the idiot trucker protest a few weeks ago. Simu Liu in particular has butted heads with her, especially since he lost both his grandparents to covid-19 in the past year.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I know I won't support any movie with Ezra Miller in it with my money, wonder what WB's internal calculus is like right now. The Flash was moved from 2022 to 2023 and I believe its already finished production as well.

I remember a studio reshot parts of a Kevin Spacey movie with a new actor but I don't know if you can really do that with a CGI heavy $200m+ budget action movie.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
When the video of Miller choking that woman surfaced — well before shooting on The Flash started — the response from the filmmakers and studio was more or less 🤷‍♂️.

As has been stated time and time again: there was not enough information about that video to cancel a person's movie career. It was like 4 seconds long, the woman was smiling the entire time, we had no idea what happened prior to that video or why it was being filmed and the woman never came out to accuse Ezra of anything.

They obviously were not going to fire Ezra from The Flash because of that video, nor should they have been expected to.

Feb 16, 2022
Does Ezra just get into trouble every few months? It seems like every few months they are either assaulting or berating someone.
I mean, again, come on. This is the second incident(technically second AND third since it's a day apart) they've been involved in that we know of. People keep talking as if they've had a laundry list of incidents, but when asked no one could mention anything else except the choking one and this one.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
I mean, again, come on. This is the second incident(technically second AND third since it's a day apart) they've been involved in that we know of. People keep talking as if they've had a laundry list of incidents, but when asked no one could mention anything else except the choking one and this one.
If everytime I see them in the news other than their movie stuff is because they've done some fucked up shit then it's on them. It might not be laundry list but it's more than once.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, I don't think I can get myself to pay for a ticket to watch the Flash movie next year....
I'm probably just gonna watch it when it comes out on streaming instead.
All this shit just killed any kind of hype/enthusiasm and goodwill that this movie should've had for me.
Such a shame too cause I wanted to see the return of Keaton's Batman and the debut of Supergirl too...

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022
If everytime I see them in the news other than their movie stuff is because they've done some fucked up shit then it's on them. It might not be laundry list but it's more than once.
Then say that, instead of "seems like every few months they are either assaulting or berating someone". Because that implies a regular occurrence. Once in 2020 and once in 2022 is not "every few months". I wouldn't categorize saying "kill KKK" is some fucked up shit either.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

2-3 is kind of like, a lot though? I'm not really sure how this is even a discussion at this point. Even once is too many times.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
when asked no one could mention anything else except the choking one and this one.
I hope if I ever randomly decide to become a menace to society and start being a total piece of shit there's a chance there will be people on the internet like you to protect my honor

But in the meantime I'll just be a cool sensible person that doesn't assault and choke people so I don't have to worry about it getting to that point

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Ezra Miller sure is a riveting flash. Watching their take on the flash inspired me to be a better person. So much so that I'm going to jump through hoops to defend a rich famous person beat the shit out of innocent civilians. Can that be a new trend, please? Woot! Lol. I wanna see brad Pitt taser a civvie in the neck next

Feb 16, 2022
2-3 is kind of like, a lot though? I'm not really sure how this is even a discussion at this point. Even once is too many times.

I hope if I ever randomly decide to become a menace to society and start being a total piece of shit there's a chance there will be people on the internet like you to protect my honor

But in the meantime I'll just be a cool sensible person that doesn't assault and choke people so I don't have to worry about it getting to that point
There's just a difference between "this person had one incident like this before, maybe it's time to look deeper" and "this person has always been in the news for problems like this, why are they still not fired".

Ezra Miller sure is a riveting flash. Watching their take on the flash inspired me to be a better person. So much so that I'm going to jump through hoops to defend a rich famous person beat the shit out of innocent civilians. Can that be a new trend, please? Woot! Lol. I wanna see brad Pitt taser a civvie in the neck next
Oh, I see you're not even pretending to want to discuss it in good faith anymore. Fine.

It's just infuriating considering many people already tried to get them fired/recasted for years just because they were queer. One vaguely reported incident and a new recent one definitely doesn't feel like they warrant this kind of backlash, unless there's other intent here.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Downplaying physical assault committed by a rich privileged asshole = arguing in good faith
Oh, I see you're not even pretending to want to discuss it in good faith anymore. Fine.
Again. The rest of your reply is jumping through hoops for someone you've never met to justify their physical violence. I'm just happy that we've built a relationship up enough that you can be a character witness if I ever frog splash some innocent civilian off the top rope

Feb 16, 2022
Downplaying physical assault committed by a rich privileged asshole = arguing in good faith

Again. The rest of your reply is jumping through hoops for someone you've never met to justify their physical violence. I'm just happy that we've built a relationship up enough that you can be a character witness if I ever frog splash some innocent civilian off the top rope
What physical violence, though? The new reports, while extremely serious, thankfully fell short of actual physical assault. The previous choking incident had too little info for any internet rando to make such claim, given that there was only a 4 second clip and the other party was smiling/laughing during the clip.

You're really trying hard to make this sound even worse than it already is, for who knows what reason.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
What physical violence, though? The new reports, while extremely serious, thankfully fell short of actual physical assault. The previous choking incident had too little info for any internet rando to make such claim, given that there was only a 4 second clip and the other party was smiling/laughing during the clip.

You're really trying hard to make this sound even worse than it already is, for who knows what reason.
It can be argued you're trying very hard to make it seem like it's not as bad as it is. But I don't really care to argue about this any further. I was rooting for Ezra ever since day one and they've proven to me they're a rich privileged fuck on a high horse. A combination of traits that I don't find appealing.

Feb 16, 2022
It can be argued you're trying very hard to make it seem like it's not as bad as it is. But I don't really care to argue about this any further. I was rooting for Ezra ever since day one and they've proven to me they're a rich privileged fuck on a high horse. A combination of traits that I don't find appealing.
What attempts have I made to make it seem like it's not as bad as it is? I've acknowledged many times in this thread how serious it's become, especially with the restraining order now in play. But you've been awfully focused on the "violence" label really hard.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
What attempts have I made to make it seem like it's not as bad as it is? I've acknowledged many times in this thread how serious it's become, especially with the restraining order now in play. But you've been awfully focused on the "violence" label really hard.
Why would I be focused on anything else? In the thread dedicated to that supposed violence that's taken place….you want me to talk about what exactly? "Ezra didn't actually beat those people up it was only a threat of violence" does that make you happier? Ezra comes off as *violent* in all the corroborated stories. Should I bring up their accomplishments and academy awards instead? Wtf am I even doing here. Please don't @ me

Feb 16, 2022
Why would I be focused on anything else? In the thread dedicated to that supposed violence that's taken place….you want me to talk about what exactly? "Ezra didn't actually beat those people up it was only a threat of violence" does that make you happier? Ezra comes off as *violent* in all the corroborated stories. Should I bring up their accomplishments and academy awards instead? Wtf am I even doing here. Please don't @ me
Where did this "supposed violence" happen? Where is this event you keep alluding to? Yes, differentiating actual violence from threats of violence is an important distinction to make. This shouldn't be surprising.

You're participating in a public discussion, making an unsubstantiated claim about a public figure that differs from actual official reports. You should expect to be "@'ed". You're responsible for what you say.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Where did this "supposed violence" happen? Where is this event you keep alluding to? Yes, differentiating actual violence from threats of violence is an important distinction to make. This shouldn't be surprising.

You're participating in a public discussion, making an unsubstantiated claim about a public figure that differs from actual official reports. You should expect to be "@'ed". You're responsible for what you say.

God, I really wish that someday I will find someone who stans for me like you do for asshole millionaires attacking people.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really love their acting and hope they can get it together because I'd hate to see their career get tanked over time. We Need to Talk About Kevin is a masterpiece and really showed some of their potential.

Also, how are we 6 pages in and people are still misgendering them? Especially when the first post has a massive bold text right at the beginning stating their gender identity?

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why do I feel like they are the person that WB will dump out of all the other problematic people they have.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, sod off. It's horrific that they're harassing and threatening people, but making things up is still not okay. We know the facts. Base things on those facts instead of making shit up.

Given your penchant for minimizing every obvious red flag based on nothing but your gut instinct, you really want to be saying this?

A couple examples:

The "choking" thing was debunked

This is wrong, as I outlined earlier.

Where did this "supposed violence" happen? Where is this event you keep alluding to? Yes, differentiating actual violence from threats of violence is an important distinction to make.

You've constructed this juxtaposition between REAL violence and FAKE violence out of nothing but an impulse to defend Ezra's behavior. Threats themselves can be a form of violence. Lunging at someone, ripping something from their hand, trying to kick them out of their own homes can also be seen as violent behavior. They've been aggressive and have had an odd conception of boundaries at best.

Seriously, if you want to show compassion to Ezra, that's totally understandable. Seems pretty clear they could use some help, and yeah, everything they've done so far seems to have been more damaging to themselves than anyone else (although I'm being real generous to Ezra there, if I'm honest). That doesn't require steamrolling through the thread with nonstop minimization, however. Relax.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I doubt they'll get fired. Ezra will probably just apologize and maybe go to rehab if needed, but WB will keep them around, I think.

If we're lucky, we could get a "this isn't who I am".

sonofsamsonite

The one who likes mustard
Nov 1, 2017
I feel like Warner Brothers is probably just going to quickly move to Wally West anyway. Barry will probably end up doing a "heroic sacrifice" like Barry Allen in Crisis on Infinite Earths. And then we see Barry's successor.

Amber Heard is a little different. She was never charged with any actual crimes, except the ones related to the dog smuggling thing. No violent crimes, though.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen reports that Grant is replacing Ezra Miller, is this true? Nothing seems to be confirmed yet

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I've seen reports that Grant is replacing Ezra Miller, is this true? Nothing seems to be confirmed yet
It would basically be impossible at this point. The guy seems heavily involved in future projects and the direction the WB wants to take the DCU. I might even call him "the face" of the DCU soft reboot they seem to be trying.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: I missed this was already picked up earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022
There's another been another incident. Much worse.

uk.news.yahoo.com

Ezra Miller: Restraining order for The Flash actor who ‘burst into couple’s bedroom’

A judge has granted a couple a temporary restraining order against The Flash actor Ezra Miller after they alleged he “burst” into their room, made threats and stole from them in Hawaii. It was reported the couple who made the complaint paid the actor’s bail after he was charged with disorderly...

"A judge has granted a couple a temporary restraining order against The Flash actor Ezra Miller after they alleged he "burst" into their room, made threats and stole from them in Hawaii.

The complaint, which was obtained by People, alleged that the Fantastic Beasts actor told one of them "I will bury you and your sl*t wife".

The petition also accused Miller of stealing some of their belongings on Monday, including a passport and wallet, in the small town of Hilo on Big Island. The judge's order said it was necessary to grant the couple's petition to prevent harassment.

It was reported the couple who made the complaint paid the actor's bail after he was charged with disorderly conduct and harassment following his arrest at a bar in the town on Sunday evening."

What is going on here? This is completely unacceptable behaviour, and I don't really see how WB can continue to sweep this stuff under the rug. It's a pattern of behaviour, not individual incidents now.
FYI, this has been talked about already days ago in this thread. It was threadmarked.

Feb 16, 2022
Oh sorry, I didn't see it referred to on the most recent page.
It should have been added to the OP and title. It's indeed a big deal. The info is limited, but it seems like the couple were hosts to Ezra during their stay and was the one to pay their bail after the previous bar incident? Otherwise they'd be breaking and entering, but there was no mention of it in the reports.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It should have been added to the OP and title. It's indeed a big deal. The info is limited, but it seems like the couple were hosts to Ezra during their stay and was the one to pay their bail after the previous bar incident? Otherwise they'd be breaking and entering, but there was no mention of it in the reports.
Yeah there's clearly details that are not yet clear here.

I think being drunk and violent in a bar is pretty bad, but threatening to kill someone and stealing wallets and IDs is much more serious.

I don't see how WB continue to work with Ezra. What's the Flash press tour going to be like? Perhaps WB shouldn't have swept the choking incident under the rug.

Feb 16, 2022
Yeah there's clearly details that are not yet clear here.

I think being drunk and violent in a bar is pretty bad, but threatening to kill someone and stealing wallets and IDs is much more serious.

I don't see how WB continue to work with Ezra. What's the Flash press tour going to be like? Perhaps WB shouldn't have swept the choking incident under the rug.
It's some serious problems, but movie studios have overlooked actors doing much worse stuff before. Before any concerns about Ezra's career, I think they need personal and professional help first. This wasn't some mere asshole-ish behavior, this seems like a bigger issue with them.