• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
Where are the musicians and singers to let us know that Ezra has opened them up to physical attacks and violence?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
gonna react to this how white people reacted to Will Smith

"THEY SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR LIFE FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER! WHAT IF THEY ATTACKED BETTY WHITE, HUH???"

Last edited:

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
gonna react to this how white people reacted to Will Smith

"HE SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR LIFE FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER! WHAT IF HE ATTACKED BETTY WHITE, HUH???"

You forgot the armchair psychiatric diagnoses. Sociopath, psychopath, etc. Also the totally-not-charged adjectives like savage, unhinged, lunatic.

redmason81

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2022
You didn't like them singing karaoke at a KARAOKE BAR so you just start attacking people? I'm worried about Ezra.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Put me in the camp that doesn't care about Ezra. Everything I've seen them in has been pretty forgettable. But this sounds like drunken disorderly behavior to me which is not that big of a deal.

And they're not replacing Ezra over this. You're talking about the same studio that's letting a serial abuser keep her role in Aquaman 2.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
And this is the person that has the greatest crowd cheering scene ever tied to them (apparently).

I don't think there is going to be any crowd cheering for this.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like peeps are blowing this out of proportion. This is like the first time something actually happened in regards to Ezra. The "choking" thing was debunked and the "kill KKK" thing was just weird.

Was it debunked or just handwaved away? Sorry to post a mid-exchange quote without full context, but this is about where I stand on that video:

Going to be honest, I question where you're getting some of this stuff, but again, I'm not all that interested in the claims being made by unverified sources. It was one sentence of my post, and I made sure to throw in that "unverified" disclaimer.

Actually, I would argue you're the one overemphasizing those claims here:

1) You seem to be conflating Variety's actual reporting with those social media posts. Variety reached out to a named person who was at the establishment, and got confirmation that the incident…was not good.

2) You're trying to make it sound like the video wouldn't have been worth continued discussion without those additional social media characterizations. Which, to me, reads like yet another attempt to sugarcoat the video.

And lol, no, y'all have absolutely been sugarcoating the video. "She was smiling, Ezra set her down gently," etc. Neglecting to mention that they pushed her against the thing behind her forcefully enough to make a thud? That when they pulled her to the ground, she was taken aback enough to let out a gasp? The crowd's reaction? That is, at best, sugarcoating through omission.

None of this looks great for Ezra. Personally, would I have brought up the video in this thread, though? No, I'm bored of discussing it, and the difficulty of precisely qualifying their sin there inclines me to put it in "keep it in mind" territory as opposed to "constantly bring it up" territory.

It genuinely confuses me reading some of the handwaving in this thread, though. As if the video is totally contextless and no reporting was done. As if there wasn't plenty in the video to be put off by.

Last post I'll make on this, btw. Feel free to get the last word if you'd like.

If nothing else, this latest incident should make people question their stance that the video was displaying totally harmless behavior. Kind of wild not to connect the two at all, honestly.

Not that I think Ezra deserves to be banished from Hollywood or whatever. Is some concern warranted, though? Probably?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really watch Ezra Miller stuff so when I read their name, the first person that pops into my mind is Ezra Klein

So the headline had me thrown for a bit

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Still not as weird as using the speed force to caress a stranger's hair without permission.

The-Flash-Iris-West-Saved-Justice-League-Snyder-Cut.jpg

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
In my experience, drinking doesn't turn people into abusive assholes or criminals who assault others. Nearly everyone I've seen being violent while drunk was always an aggressive jerk, and the alchohol made them not care about the consequences.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were drunk but that's not the root cause of assaulting multiple people, especially considering this isn't the first incident.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why WB went ahead with a Flash movie starring Ezra, its in the can now I believe and ready for distribution but they should have been recast long ago. Just a laundry list of problems and attacks on people and doesn't belong anywhere near a movie set.

It'll get brushed under the rug and people forget about it but if WB had any decency they'd recast and reshoot the movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Really comes off as a terrible person. Hope they get the help they need.

And it's right there in the OP people, cmon. Even if you don't like someone it's no reason to misgender them.

Feb 16, 2022
It seems like they have a problem, but the way some people talk here as if there has been a laundry list of terrible things Miller's done while I could only think of this and the choking incident. "Doesn't belong in a movie set"? Really?

Wonder if people just have another issue with them. I know some overzealous DC fans have been trying to demand WB to recast them for years, for various reasons including them being queer.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
In my experience, drinking doesn't turn people into abusive assholes or criminals who assault others. Nearly everyone I've seen being violent while drunk was always an aggressive jerk, and the alchohol made them not care about the consequences.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were drunk but that's not the root cause of assaulting multiple people, especially considering this isn't the first incident.

People can have anger issues, yes. This doesn't mean that the drinking itself can't be part of the problem.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
WB seemed really desperate to turn Miller into a big star, giving them substantial roles in two of their biggest franchises concurrently.

I do wonder how long ago they may have been dropped them if WB hadn't latched so hard onto The Flash as a hail mary transition from the Snyderverse to their new (and hopefully improved) DC film slate while retaining a semblance of continuity.

sonofsamsonite

The one who likes mustard
Nov 1, 2017
If you get irrationally angry at people for doing bar things don't go to bars. It's not the place for peace and quiet. But maybe there's more to it and this is a sign of a substance abuse problem. If so I hope they get help.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A bit frustrated with the photo The Guardian opted to use for Ezra. Seems designed to just rile conservatives up about them.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Marvel: We made a mistake casting Letita Wright and Evangeline Lilly given their recent actions.

DC: Hold Ezra Miller's beer.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh what's that? The Flash movie will have yet another delay? Well that's a shame.