• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019

D8n89cgU0AA-Pwd.jpg

D8n89cBW4AAh-kx.jpg

D8n89cfU0AESe4H.jpg
D8oQB32WwAEhFuL.png

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like I've seen "New Steam UI coming soon!" every summer for the past five years

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
when đź‘Ź will đź‘Ź these đź‘Ź spoilers đź‘Ź stop

thanks for ruining the new Steam story for me OP

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
None of these steam designs ever seem to truly refresh the look to a modern UI. It still looks like a mid 2000s PC app to me. Maybe that's what the audience wants, but I just think there's so much more you could do with it.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tbh the issue I have mainly is that massive top and bottom border, why do they need to be there? The client itself is slow and clunky, adding yet another layer of web CSS or whatever isn't going to fix the problems. It looks slightly better I guess, but nothing to be excited over at all, especially considering how long this has taken to create.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
The main thing I feel steam needs to deliver om for this UI I feel is customizability. The ability to tweak how icons and the like are shown, the colors used etc. If they can manage to do that, kudos to them.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Please leave it as it is.... this looks like shit

Half the library will also look like these tall placeholder banners because some devs won't bother to crop and upload new assets.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh the issue I have mainly is that massive top and bottom border, why do they need to be there? The client itself is slow and clunky, adding yet another layer of web CSS or whatever isn't going to fix the problems. It looks slightly better I guess, but nothing to be excited over at all, especially considering how long this has taken to create.
Because that is forcing the new Library UI to work on the current UI, so the top and bottom border stay there as they are not really integrated in that format.

The leak comes from using the files in the CSGO launcher to force the update of the library ui to work on the current UI as from the server side it is probably in late closed beta.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really want to give the video a click, where are these "leaked"/sourced from?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I want freaking tabs. Why can't we have tabs on the Steam App so when you browse through games you can tab them vs having to jump back and forth?! Seriously, it's just annoying.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I'd honestly take this over the current (and future client). Back then Steam worked and was sufficiently snappy. Today with all of the cruft in the client I'm happy if a button press actually does something the first time I press it.
the steam client sucks a lot and given the option I'd rather use anything else. even the egs client is better, and that pos crashes at least once a week for me.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
I'd honestly take this over the current (and future client). Back then Steam worked and was sufficiently snappy. Today with all of the cruft in the client I'm happy if a button press actually does something the first time I press it.
the steam client sucks a lot and given the option I'd rather use anything else. even the egs client is better, and that pos crashes at least once a week for me.
I always put Steam into "small mode" and it looks exactly like that still (the games selection window). and honestly I'd like Steam to stay functional as opposed to some front end try hard fancy crap where they focus on looks before use cases.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

https://playnite.link

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it somehow looks even more hideous than it already is.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

check your PC.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Steam looks great right now why they want to change it? Instead give us the god damn SUMMER SALE.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Main thing I want is for on the library time when I select a game it shows me a description of the game and screenshots/videos from the store page.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You get informed that game was updated since list time you played it

45zbQQi.png

Also you can change header and name of the game is separate entry

VZh83iG.png